Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Dan Andrews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 196>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 4:00pm
On fire Big smile
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 4:02pm
If an Australian premier or pm repeated every Trump move on Covid-19 they would be locked up by now.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 6:50pm
BUM Tlaz----   Trump was spruiking the Rx in favour ATM, long ago.     he hasn't destroyed his Country with lock downs to satisfy hysterical Medical Ego's .
    Trump is in Good Company and has done well .

Rusty would return to normal if he had some time with Donald John.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 7:50pm
415,000 - 680,000 dead by January 1 forecast.

Has President killed that many of his own people through incompetence?
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 8:48pm

The decision not to fine members of the five households who broke coronavirus restrictions by visiting each other when infectious is the right decision, Mr Andrews said.

“I will concede this might be a counterintuitive point and perhaps we would all feel better if they got stuck with a fine, but the value of information that allows you to take one test result and identify the 33 other people who have got it, is much more than $1652,” he said.

“I think that if you start [fining positive cases], you run the very real risk that people are not full and frank in the interviews, or indeed some people may not come forward and get tested, if they fear that they can’t do that in an open process.

“If we were to try and do a kind of retro-analysis of every one of the now close to 20,000 interviews that we have done, through the course of those interviews, many, many people in many different ways will have essentially admitted to doing certain things, and it is about trying to balance up.

“We might all feel better if those five families got a fine, but ultimately the value of the fine is nothing compared to the value of the information that they give us.”

Prof Sutton said the cluster linked to the five households in the Casey area was “under control” but could still grow.

Anyone want to offer an opinion on the ethnicity  of those people?

I can tell you they are not white Anglo -Saxons.

Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 9:11pm
The ethnicity aspect has been aired and discussed any number of time in the coronavirus thread, including the difficulty of ensuring observance in communities for which English is a second language.

But if you seek to continue playing the racist card, by all means go for it.  Dead
brokecell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brokecell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 9:12pm
BB you need to get over your obsesion with Andrews ,it is eating you up.

why dont you get a dog, take it for a walk, most relaxing. And when the 5km resttriction is lifted try walking it around other areas but Toorak, you will find all sorts of nationalities geting along just fine, productive folk doing there bit for victoria Wink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 9:13pm
What a hypocrite Andrews is not fining these people. Talk about double standards! No wonder people have no respect for him and are flouting the rules. Dan has politicised this pandemic big time. His first thought is “do these people vote labor?”. No fines for BLM protesters but riot shields handcuffs and arrests for the anti lockdown protesters because they clearly are not fans of the government. If you sit on a park bench, stray outside the 5k zone you get fined but if you have the virus and spread it among other families that you shouldn’t be visiting anyway then no problem.
brokecell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brokecell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 9:18pm

One of the most blatant examples of racism on this forum for a while, non English speaking would have been suficient, or simply imigrants Thumbs Down

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 9:20pm
Oh how pathetically ironic.  I suspect we all know exactly who in particular has consistently politicized the pandemic on here.  Dead

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 9:22pm
BC, just as well you are a newcomer only joined TBV in July Wink , if you had been a member prior to then, you would have seen far worse 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 9:29pm
From Bob himself in particular.
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 9:34pm
Black, brown, purple, white, green, red. Should've fined the cvnts.
Time is a flat circle
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 9:52pm
Poor old Dan, if only he knew the reasons his ears are always burning, is BB !
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

From Bob himself in particular.

SC, Pray tell,  any racist posts I have made .
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 10:25pm
Dont care the colour or religion.  They do the wrong thing,,,make them pay.   Including white Angloes.
Cant speak/understand English, maybe now is the time to learn it.
Ignorance is not an excuse .  

animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

Poor old Dan, if only he knew the reasons his ears are always burning, is BB !
Me and another 6.5 million Victorians, bar those who purchased those "Stand with Dan"  Tshirts & face masks at triple the price of any equivalent rubbish on line.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 9:55am
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Greatest thread since oneone's fabulous TBV Lockdown thread.
I want to know WHO thanked PT for making that comment ? Probably that new member Brokecell !

I reckon I'm about the only one who uses that option Wink
That makes sense - probably explains why I've never received one LOL. Think Whale may have given me one a long time ago !
Refer ALP Election Promises
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 10:06am
6 now oneone.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 10:07am
Maybe you could do some research and start a thread on the most thanked posts ever.

Would be more riveting than this one.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 10:50am

[QUOTE=Gay3] That makes sense - probably explains why I've never received one LOL. Think Whale may have given me one a long time ago !

Check your facts oneone!
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 10:58am
Gee - thanks Gay. I must be popular than i thought. Mind you - it still only works out to 4.78% of "thanks" per post. Actually - not too bad - something i will have to keep an eye on  LOLThumbs Up. Will probably include in the annual performance rating from now on. 
Refer ALP Election Promises
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 11:46am
Originally posted by brokecell brokecell wrote:

One of the most blatant examples of racism on this forum for a while, non English speaking would have been suficient, or simply imigrants Thumbs Down

bc, this part of an article written on the front page of Melbourne's Herald Sun this morning...

“Labor’s double standards are as toxic as this virus.

“This is the same Andrews hypocrisy that saw teenagers fined for learning to drive while 10,000 Black Lives Matter protesters were ignored.

“Victorians have lost confidence in Andrews and Labor. “The double standards they apply show they govern for their friends, not for all Victorians.” On Saturday, Mr Andrews defended a decision to not fine 34 people, largely from the Afghan community in Casey, who spread the virus after breaching rules that banned them from visiting other family members’ homes"

No reference there to "ethnic groups" as you will get in The Age newspaper to appease left apologists , but factual reporting by The Herald Sun without fear or favour.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

[QUOTE=Gay3] That makes sense - probably explains why I've never received one LOL. Think Whale may have given me one a long time ago !

Check your facts oneone!

Is this “thanks” tag meant to be the same as a Facebook “like”
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 12:22pm
Bob you should know better than to quote Right Wing newspaper articles without attribution.

However you sadly don't.
brokecell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brokecell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 12:33pm
for you bob, do you good to stop obesing about Andrews  Wink

https://liajackrussellpupps.com/Availablepuppies.html

DOLLY -Male
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 1:16pm
Brokecell, your mask is slipping. Better remember to put more implausible spelling mistakes in your posts.Tongue
EnableMe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EnableMe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 1:26pm
Obesing? Does that involve daily visits to McDonalds?
longevity does not equate to credibility
brokecell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brokecell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

Brokecell, your mask is slipping. Better remember to put more implausible spelling mistakes in your posts.Tongue

exuse me Confused
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 1:43pm
Dont worry about stayer, he only gets stranger.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 196>