Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Police in Victoria

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Police in Victoria
    Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 12:58pm

The government lockdown in Victoria  is pushing vulnerable people to the brink and police , whist doing an incredible job,  must retain the absolute trust of the public

Earlier this month, legitimate questions were raised about the need to handcuff a young Ballarat mother in her home for a social media post encouraging an anti-lockdown protest.

Questions were also raised when a group of police surrounded two elderly women on a park bench to question them and a phone was taken.

Yesterday confronting footage appearing to show an officer stomping on the head of a man arrested in Epping on Sunday, believed to be unrelated to COVID, has emerged.

To add further to those incidents only this morning a person walking around in a suburban shopping centre whilst holding a knife in his hand has been shot by police and rushed to hospital.

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 1:36pm
Maybe the Murdoch media and Sky nutbags should back off and stop politicizing and inflaming everything.

Just kidding, that will never happen.
VSP. View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VSP. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 2:34pm
The conduct yesterday was disgraceful. No justification for that level of violence.

Today's shooting - well the guy wasn't waving the knife around according to witnesses. Might have been good if they could have taken him down with a tazer instead of a bullet.
www.snowshoecats.webs.com
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Maybe the Murdoch media and Sky nutbags should back off and stop politicizing and inflaming everything.

And CNN?
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by VSP. VSP. wrote:

The conduct yesterday was disgraceful. No justification for that level of violence.

Today's shooting - well the guy wasn't waving the knife around according to witnesses. Might have been good if they could have taken him down with a tazer instead of a bullet.

I think there is a case for "guns" that fire a net, such things do exist, you just pull them in like a cast net. 
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 2:03am
Don't be quick to criticize Police ....   They aren't in any Position to know anyones Medical records and MADMEN kill Most people who are murdered .

That Powerfully built man racing around Threaeteningly and violently hitting at motor vehicles and whatever else , had to be bought to earth -----   The Mini second decisions are made by People ( in this case Police )whose lives are at stake ...        > If the heat of the dangerous moment has some thinking it was over reaction =   STIFF SHXT ----   NO innocents were injured or killed so they did a great job .
YOU WILL REGRET THE DAY YOU STOP POLICE FROM SUBDUING VIOLENT MADMEN>
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 9:35am
Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

And CNN?

CNN are reporting on police violence in Victoria?

Do you have a link?
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 11:36am
A few more need their heads stomped on .

You know what happens if Police withdraw their Physical input -Don't you.
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 11:48am
The longer this Andrews government remain in power the more their failings become apparent by the day. Let's forget their horrendous COVID 19 stuff ups, it has now come to light  following yesterday's shooting of a man armed with a knife we learn that not all frontline police carry tasers , which was highlighted as an issue before the last state election.

The Police association at that time said " it was essential to ensure all frontline patrols should have the tools and resources they need to resolve incidents safely ".

Just what has Andrews and his Police Minister being doing in the past two years ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 11:57am
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Don't be quick to criticize Police ....   They aren't in any Position to know anyones Medical records and MADMEN kill Most people who are murdered .

That Powerfully built man racing around Threaeteningly and violently hitting at motor vehicles and whatever else , had to be bought to earth -----   The Mini second decisions are made by People ( in this case Police )whose lives are at stake ...        > If the heat of the dangerous moment has some thinking it was over reaction =   STIFF SHXT ----   NO innocents were injured or killed so they did a great job .
YOU WILL REGRET THE DAY YOU STOP POLICE FROM SUBDUING VIOLENT MADMEN>

The standard response form family about ratbags causing mayhem, is that they are wonderful gentle souls whose behaviour is "out of character". Police act on what they see in front of them, as "out of control", and more power to them, I am a firm believer that people have to be judged on what they do, not what they say, and especially not what others say glowingly about them. Hitler was a frustrated artist, who if only the art school had let him in, would have lived a peaceful life. There you are, there is an excuse for everyone, and someone or something else is always responsible when things go pear-shaped from people running amok.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 12:10pm
There seems to be this soft with pity belief, that psychiatic illness is deserving of a less serios attitude to some offenders ....
Realise very quickly that most serious assaults/murders committed are done by people with Psychiatric illness.

The belief that some magic pill fixes all that is false ..    Does NOT exist..     
Same as substance abuse ....   Should not be a defence . and Governments have to get back to monitoring and providing care for the seriously, mentally ill.

Most Humans would not be allowed to breed if they were French Poodles.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 12:42pm
Seems to be a basic flaw in the insanity defence.

1 I'm not guilty of murder, I'm crazy. The result is the same - murdered person - but I'm not guilty cos I don't like taking my anti-crazy medication and went crazy and killed someone.

2 Very short stay in custody compared to sane murderers. Out you go and be a good boy and take your anti-crazy. Yes boss - I promise.Wink
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 12:48pm
Macca posted "Most Humans would not be allowed to breed if they were French Poodles."

In an ideal world ever human has the right to have children however in reality some people should not be able to bring children into the world. In Australia...

Regardless of my age I cannot drive a car without a driver's licence, I cannot legally marry under 18 without court approval, I cannot buy alcohol from a licensed  premise unless I am 18, I need a gun license  to own a gun,etc etc yet to have a child all I need is a complying partner. Morally I have an obligation to care and nurture that child but if I and my complying partner do not care that child will fall back on to the community to take over my responsibilities.

Under those circumstances should my basic human right of having a child be denied ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 12:52pm
Further to "if I and my complying partner do not care that child ", I should have added " if I am incapable to care for that child "
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 1:01pm
You know that if you buy a labradoodle you get mostly poodle genes.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

EnableMe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EnableMe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 1:52pm
What have Andrews and his police minister been doing for the last few years? One spouts lies and self congratulatory garbage to the media while the other stands in shot in the background nodding their head. This state of play is reflected by senior civil servants as seen on a recent "aren't we great" self produced video. 

Watching Victorian politics for the last decade has been like witnessing a room full of flatulent people all smiling and agreeing with each other that their sh*t doesn't stink.

longevity does not equate to credibility
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Seems to be a basic flaw in the insanity defence.

1 I'm not guilty of murder, I'm crazy. The result is the same - murdered person - but I'm not guilty cos I don't like taking my anti-crazy medication and went crazy and killed someone.

2 Very short stay in custody compared to sane murderers. Out you go and be a good boy and take your anti-crazy. Yes boss - I promise.Wink

Perfect example.  That woman they have just released on parol to live with her father in Cessnock.  Her and her son killed that highly decorated police officer  ( Anderson ? )  a few years ago, ( about 7 years I think ) when he answered a domestic violence call.  Son did the stabbing but she was just as guilty.  To really rub salt in, she was released on the anniversary of the death of the cop.  Drugs and meds mixed up , but oh well, let her out among us.
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 2:33pm
I hate it that they are allowed to use that defence.  I was on drugs, or, I didnt take my meds.
Too bad !  You are an adult so you take responsibility and take  your meds, or stay off drugs, and since you didnt you pay the price.
animals before people.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 2:35pm
Happening all the time AA...    Some do NO gaol time and maybe 12 months in some Hospital and go home to kill again.
EnableMe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EnableMe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 11:45pm
Aren't not taking your meds and deciding to take drugs decisions that have resulted in the criminal behaviour? These decisions should not negate liability for the eventual outcome. 
longevity does not equate to credibility
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 10:29am
Entirely agree EnableMe. 
Same as the tired old line they trot out for a gang member ( of any colour ) or a 40 year old crim.  " Oh he had a deprived childhood " .
There are many many people functioning normally, that grew up lacking a lot during their childhood, but they dont go out and commit crime.
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 10:58am
It is in the nature of many a rogue, to have a ready supply of excuses, when caught out. The excuses never include "I am a weak character who won't take responsibility for, and ownership of, my behaviour".I am not impressed by pedophiles who when pleading for leniency, drop in the excuse they were similarly abused as a child. That, to me, would be all the more reason NOT to have offended. 
 Post Reply Post Reply