Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > Laundry Basket
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

TBV Solidarity

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TBV Solidarity
    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 at 9:47am
In light of the postponement of american sport to support BLM today i think we here in TBV should do same - as should all australian sport. Eels fans are complaining it didn't start yesterday  LOL
Refer ALP Election Promises
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2020 at 10:04am
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2020 at 10:18am
Spot on 1x1. Wh6 would anyone support that murdering political party falsely claiming to care about black lives
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2020 at 10:34am
I don’t get it.
You can clearly read English, and just about write in English.
Why can’t you comprehend English at all?
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2020 at 11:55am
Retweeted

Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

I don’t get it.
reductio ad absurdum
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2020 at 12:17pm
Genetics has placed a lot of basketball players where they are, its a little bit ironic they can't see it might also be a factor in the high incarceration and crime rates of their fellow afro Americans.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2020 at 12:47pm

I don’t get it.

Thanks Rusty. Typical response from someone like you who has nothing to offer when confronted with other views.
Attack spelling & typos LOLLOLLOLLOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2020 at 1:13pm
Thanks for proving my point.
Nothing at all do do with typos or spelling...
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2020 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

Genetics has placed a lot of basketball players where they are, its a little bit ironic they can't see it might also be a factor in the high incarceration and crime rates of their fellow afro Americans.
Wow!
Undoubtedly the most racist post on this site.
Disgraceful.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2020 at 1:18pm
How did I know that would seep in there sooner or later ?LOL
State facts and its racist.Cry
How many of the champion American basketball players do you see that are white, compared to black American players  ?  
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2020 at 1:19pm

I don’t get it.

??

Stop lying Rusty. You played the man instead of the facts. Own itStar
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2020 at 1:20pm
Let old Rusty have a few weeks of ventilating .      He's only just re surfaced following Mueller failing in whatever demise of Trump , they played with at that time .      Too many to pinpoint which one.

I'm sure a similar quiet will settle over TBV when Donald John, rises to the occasion once again.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2020 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

I don’t get it.

??

It’s like talking to a wall, but not a smart wall......
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2020 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

How did I know that would seep in there sooner or later ?LOL
State facts and its racist.Cry
How many of the champion American basketball players do you see that are white, compared to black American players  ?  
Ok, and the next bit about them being genetically inclined to be incarcerated????
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2020 at 2:58pm

Wow!
Disgraceful.
rusty, the cashed-up basketballers are hardly typical of the "we" they claim to be a part of, I seriously think they are ill-equipped to be making commentaries on black disadvantage. That they identify with others on the basis of race, is racist. They really have nothing in common, in any other metric.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2020 at 2:59pm
very poor line when desperate is to accuse people of a lie ...

If idiots think that way they shouldn't post .       .
There are plenty of facts to debate, we don't need that old (Best ignored 1) tactic.....
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2020 at 3:10pm

Wow!
Disgraceful.
rusty, the cashed-up basketballers are hardly typical of the "we" they claim to be a part of, I seriously think they are ill-equipped to be making commentaries on black disadvantage. That they identify with others on the basis of race, is racist. They really have nothing in common, in any other metric.
Most of them come from disadvantaged backgrounds, and have first hand experience.

To suggest that calling out the police for persecuting people based purely on their ethnicity, is racist itself, is beyond ridiculous.

Bring back the good ol days when they were in chains and had to just cop it,without complaining eh?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2020 at 3:23pm
It is true they would have come from lower socio-economic backgrounds, but they really ought tell the whole story, particularly the one about how blacks shot by police, would be small numbers by comparison with blacks killed by other blacks. Whenever I hear people equivocate about that, and insinuate that blacks shooting other blacks, is a result of economic disadvantage, I leave the building. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2020 at 4:37pm
I wonder how many people, who have ever uttered the quip "the apple does not fall far from the tree", accuse others of being racists. You'd hope none, or it is hypocrisy.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2020 at 4:46pm

I don’t get it.

??

Oh, playing the man again.LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2020 at 4:52pm

It is true they would have come from lower socio-economic backgrounds, but they really ought tell the whole story, particularly the one about how blacks shot by police, would be small numbers by comparison with blacks killed by other blacks.

Apparently in 2019 there were 9,000 murders of blacks, 7,500 of which were black-on-black,”Ouch
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2020 at 5:17pm
This of playing the race card is old now.
animals before people.
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2020 at 5:21pm
I stand with my fellow TBV members, especially macca who loves having a chat Thumbs Up
Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2020 at 5:53pm

I don’t get it.

??

Oh, playing the man again.LOL
its exasperation at the completely illogical and nonsensical, and quite often of topic responses that you make.

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2020 at 6:18pm
Have you planned how you will react Rusty,   if/when Trump gets returned .

Some big predictions and justifications have been put out there for 3 years , as your lot,refused to accept the umpires decision 4 years ago.

Shame on you of course, but if it gets rammed home again , are Barbiturates a consideration.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2020 at 6:48pm
I’ll be short selling the farm!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2020 at 6:50pm
^^^^^that didn’t read right.
I’ll be selling the farm so I can short sell the dow
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2020 at 8:39pm
Members will be kind and courteous, and respectful to other members and the moderators. No direct or indirect personal attacks or insults of any kind will be allowed. Posts which antagonize, belittle or humiliate other members and/or the moderators will not be tolerated, nor will racism, sexism, bigotry, hatred, violent language, threats, real-life threats, insults, extreme vulgar language, flaming, otherwise inappropriate or hurtful language, harassment, grammar policing.
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2022 at 4:09pm
Bloody hell. I come here get excited on seeing 67 new posts in the racing section and 61 of them are in the Wily Pike thread.

kiss sake. 
reductio ad absurdum
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2022 at 4:16pm
Lol - that’s funny
Refer ALP Election Promises
 Post Reply Post Reply