Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

The Trump Presidency cont.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 289290291292293 451>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 8:29am
How many did I start?
Shammy Davis View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shammy Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 8:32am
I never said that.  Putting words in my mouth again?  You know nothing about me or what I broadly think.  All political extremism is ineffectual in the end for all sides. The USA remains center right.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 8:33am
I can only recall 3 or 4 and that includes this one that is an extension of Whale's most successful thread ever because it ran out of space after over 1000 pages.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 8:39am
Originally posted by Shammy Davis Shammy Davis wrote:

I never said that.  Putting words in my mouth again?  You know nothing about me or what I broadly think.  All political extremism is ineffectual in the end for all sides. The USA remains center right.

''Winning is all that matters in US politics'' Remember saying that? I do.

If America is center right why are Obama and Biden the only recent Presidents to win with over 50% of votes cast and 7 of the last 8 elections, Democrats won the popular vote. America is not center right, Republicans have shifted further right than they were to accommodate the Trumpist far right. Biden won with center right Republicans/centrists voting Biden because Republicans had moved away from them.
Shammy Davis View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shammy Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 8:51am
Because both Obama and Biden claimed to be moderates during their campaigns.  Obama's progressive agenda was stalled by a Republican senate and Biden will be stalled by a Republican House of Reps in 2022. Touche!LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 9:00am
Shammy is the big infrastructure bill Marxism, like Obamacare was?

How did Trump go in the last 3 elections(inc 2018) campaigning against it?

You might like to think everyone else is like you and corrupt corporate Republicans and a few Democrats with their noses in the trough are what most Americans want, but just remember what the 2016 populist movement was all about. Remember ''drain the swamp'' You may have conned those fools into believing it was Democrats they hated but they started to wake up in 2020. 

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 9:11am
Dont get me wrong Shammy, as I said on Wednesday I hope your mob embrace the delusion that they are WINNING bigly.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2021 at 5:38pm
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2021 at 7:21pm
Speaking of boys peeing. I did a one day course today and they had an almost brand new  toilets. Oh it was superb. I was the only man there. Pure function. None of that prettyifying BS they go on with at The Block etc. If I won Powerball that's the kind of bathroom I'd get.

But I will settle for one of these. Isn't it wonderful?Thumbs Up

Aqualess Urinal

Simon Cameron

Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

Wonder what this Project Veritas thing is coming out tomorrow?

Is anyone shocked?

6 Nov. 2021 3:58 pm

In a diary of US President Joe Biden’s daughter Ashley, which has now been confirmed as authentic by the New York Times and the FBI, Ashley Biden describes drug abuse and affairs as well as “inappropriate” showers with her father Joe. She also asks herself the question “Have I been abused?” and replies with “I think so.”

A copy of President Joe Biden’s daughter’s diary has allegedly proven to be real. The FBI searched several apartments as part of an investigation into the alleged theft, media reports.

TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 2:06pm
WTF!? Is that for real?
Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 2:08pm
Don’t know but the Biden’s get the FBI to raid the veritas offices over the diaries so ........
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 2:09pm
Gross
Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

Don’t know but the Biden’s get the FBI to raid the veritas offices over the diaries so ........

Stick to Facebook and your nutty friends. Wink

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 2:14pm
Oh tizzy, looking to cancel mainstream eww now without him having a clueLOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 2:15pm
Oh tizzy, looking to cancel mainstream news now without him having a clueLOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

Oh tizzy, looking to cancel mainstream eww now without him having a clueLOL

Like our mates daily twitter bingeLOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 2:25pm
I assume that everything you write is total bulls1t unless I see a reputable source included in the post.Wink

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 2:36pm
Tizzy, I can assure you that I think the same way of the nonsense you and the possse post, so....whoopeeeeLOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 2:43pm
All roads lead to Erik Prince and Chaaaaina.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 7:45pm
A federal judge on Tuesday rejected former President Donald Trump’s request to block the release of documents to the House committee investigating the Jan. 6 Capitol riot.

In denying a preliminary injunction, U.S. District Judge Tanya Chutkan said Congress had a strong public interest in obtaining records that could shed light on a violent insurrection mounted by the former president’s supporters. She added that President Joe Biden had the authority to waive executive privilege over the documents despite Trump’s assertions otherwise.

Barring a court order, the National Archives plans to turn over Trump’s records to the committee by Friday. But Trump’s lawyers swiftly promised an appeal to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit. The case will likely eventually head to the U.S. Supreme Court.
Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 7:39am
I dont understand why Trump, House Republicans and all these Trump officials are trying to cover up the crimes of Antifa.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 8:06am
20 more subpoenas issued in the last 2 days, all people who were in the so called insurrection war room and people directly in contact with Trump on the day and the days leading up to the coup attempt.

The committee has done away with invitations to provide evidence to orders to provide it because it saves a few weeks and they know there will be little compliance with an invitation.

Gunna be a lot of pleading of the Fifth from this mob when they finally get them in front of the committee.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 8:39am

Why the Hell Is Biden’s Justice Department Defending Donald Trump?

It’s becoming a (bizarre) pattern.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 8:41am

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 8:43am
Have things changed? Not following this.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 8:45am

The Executive-Privilege Paradox

The Biden administration isn’t going to fight Congress over January 6 documents. That’s a good thing for the presidency.

By Kate Shaw

Late last Friday, the Biden administration did something that was, in a way, surprising. Across many years and multiple administrations, presidents have jealously guarded the executive branch’s prerogative to withhold certain categories of information from Congress—as well as from the courts and the public—insisting that executive privilege is both constitutionally grounded and essential to the separation of powers. But the Biden administration decided to go against that norm, announcing that it would not invoke executive privilege to block the release of White House documents requested by the House Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack on the United States Capitol.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/10/january-6-trump-executive-privilege-biden/620393/

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 9:03am
That is what the lawsuit was about. Executive privilege is the domain of the current President, not the former, documents are owned by the people not a former official. It is Biden's prerogative whether the Archives release documents subject to National Security considerations.

Documents under the current President are the prerogative of the current President, something exercised by Trump when he was President on almost a daily basis to avoid subpoenas.

What has happened is that privelege has ended.

In the E Jean Carroll case the previous Justice Dept ruled that as a Federal employee Trump was entitled to have his case defended by DOJ. Garland has decided to not reverse this(a huge can of worms for hundreds of cases represented by DOJ). Ms. Carroll is very upset at the ruling and is exploring other options now that Trump is no longer a Federal employee. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 12:24pm

November 2022 is a long time away, but all the signs currently point towards a Republican “red wave” and a drubbing for Democrats.

And the prospect of Donald Trump returning to the White House in 2024 grows more plausible each day.LOL

https://www.smh.com.au/world/north-america/surprise-inflation-jump-disastrous-news-for-joe-biden-and-democrats-20211111-p597w7.html

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 12:27pm
I'm going to my money in a US bear fund. The Dow is going down. Way down.Thumbs Down

Simon Cameron

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 289290291292293 451>