Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

The Trump Presidency cont.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 260261262263264 449>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 7:04pm

“Nancy Pelosi once defended President Bill Clinton after he got an intern to fellate him in the Oval Office,” Gaetz argued in an opinion piece in The Washington Examiner. This is true, and we would hope the congressman gets the same kind of loyal support the very second he presides over one of the longest economic expansions in American history.

As it stands, Gaetz is a spectacularly unproductive Florida Republican who never managed, during his first two terms in the House, to get a single bill that he sponsored signed into law. (We are still crossing our fingers for that post-office-naming he co-sponsored.) Meanwhile, by Forbes’s count, he has appeared on Fox News at least 179 timesShocked since taking office.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/07/opinion/matt-gaetz-scandal.html

An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 7:10pm
Another Florida recently quit Cabinet member(''health reasons'') according to friends got a target letter yesterday from the DOJ in relation to these activities.

One in prison awaiting trial, another served with a target letter many others under investigation and Matty sitting there waiting for someone to make a deal to avoid prison time.

It is going to go way beyond these affairs too, will get to the heart of the corruption of the DeSantis Administration.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 7:12pm
Oh and by the way Trump engaged a criminal defense lawyer today.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 7:33pm
His options severely limited by those earlier associated with Trump but who've been convicted of criminal offences and/or are facing similar charges at both Federal and State level.  Embarrassed
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 7:40pm
The expanded DOJ investigation into a number of Florida Republicans accompanying Gaetz on private planes, Bahamas trips, transporting of female ''entertainment'' might explain what the fake passport racket was all about. Giving the young girls fake id's.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 9:22am
“I am sure Matt Gaetz is not feeling very comfortable today.” — Fritz Scheller, attorney for Joel Greenberg, associate of Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) (Greenberg is expected to take a plea deal with federal prosecutors in his own criminal case.)
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 11:31am
Matty has lawyered up bigly and engaged a crisis management group as the investigation broadens beyond prostitution, fraud, pedophilia forgery into political corruption. 

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 4:58pm

The same former president who last month sent the R.N.C. a cease-and-desist letter demanding they stop using his likeness to raise money on Saturday evening served as the party’s fund-raising headliner.LOL

“A tremendous complication” was how Fred Zeidman, a veteran Republican fund-raiser in Texas, described Mr. Trump’s lingering presence on the political scene.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/10/us/politics/trump-republicans-donors.html

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 9:42am
Sounds like the Mar a Lago do was a bit of a hoot. Imagine being his cellmate, listening to this crap all day long.LOL 

“ALL BULLS--T”: TRUMP KEEPS THE BIG LIE ALIVE AT REPUBLICAN DONOR RETREAT

The former president’s toxic mix of conspiracy theories and grievances continue to define the GOP, as evidenced by his Saturday night speech full of baseless election claims and petty attacks on anyone deemed disloyal.

Addressing Republican National Committee donors and GOP officials at Mar-a-Lago on Saturday, former President Donald Trump delivered more or less the same speech he’s been giving since losing the election nearly six months ago, as he continued to lie about the 2020 race and attack those perceived as not doing enough to help change its outcome. “I wish that Mike Pence had the courage to send it back to the legislatures,” Trump said of his vice president, reprising the complaint that led his supporters to chant “Hang Mike Pence” as they stormed the Capitol. “I like him so much. I was so disappointed.” Trump also denounced Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, calling the Kentucky lawmaker a “dumb son of a bitch” and mocking his wife, Elaine Chao, for resigning as transportation secretary in light of the January 6 attack. “She suffered so greatly,” Trump sneered, according to the Washington Post.

Trump’s Palm Beach club was reportedly paid more than $100,000 to hold Saturday’s event, the headliner of the RNC’s spring retreat. Most of the gathering—the first of the former president’s boosters since his election loss—took place down the road, at the Four Seasons resort where “around 360 donors mingled poolside at the beachfront hotel with Republican officials, including chairwoman Ronna McDaniel and co-chair Tommy Hicks,” according to CNN. Trump loyalists such as House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, Senator Lindsey Graham, and former White House counselor Kellyanne Conway reportedly spoke at the retreat, as did a slew of potential 2024 presidential candidates, including Governors Ron DeSantis and Kristi Noem and Senators Marco Rubio and Tom Cotton. But attendees, including many lawmakers, made the 10-minute trip to Mar-a-Lago on Saturday to hear from the former president himself, whose attacks on McConnell reportedly drew frequent cheers from the room. Trump also signaled out Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation’s top infectious disease expert, asking the crowd: “Have you ever seen anybody that is so full of crap?”

The roughly hour-long speech veered from Trump’s prepared remarks, a “boring” script he told guests he’d scrapped, the Post reports. Instead, he reiterated falsehoods about the election, such as continuing to declare victory in Pennsylvania and Georgia (both of which he lost to President Joe Biden) and railing against Georgia Governor Brian Kemp, who recently passed a voter suppression measure fueled by Trump’s debunked fraud claims. While Trump did not talk about running again, a possibility that looms large over the party, he did pledge to help the GOP take back control of the House and Senate in 2022 and eventually the White House in 2024. Ahead of the speech, Trump adviser Jason Miller told CNN that "Palm Beach is the new political power center, and President Trump is the Republican Party's best messenger." One donor who attended, Andrea Catsimatidis, chairwoman of the Manhattan Republican Party, told the New York Times that “the party is still very much revolving around” Trump. more...

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/04/trump-keeps-the-big-lie-alive-at-republican-donor-retreat

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 10:31am
“Have you ever seen anybody that is so full of crap?”

Well yes, as a matter of fact I have,President Pant's-On-Fire.LOL

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 10:32am
Stick to Trump like glue, Republicans.Thumbs Up Great planClap, losers.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 10:56am
The party of sedition, Matt Gaetz and Marj the Q-nutter.
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 8:25pm
wonder if Shammy went ? 
$400,000 a ticket to listen to a bitter and twisted imbecile. 
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 10:17pm
Might have, a lot of farmers have been given massive welfare payments by the orange idiot 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 9:24am
I think Shammy is busy with lawyers trying to get back all his recurring payments to Trump retirement/legal defense fund.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 9:57am
Originally posted by marble marble wrote:

wonder if Shammy went ? 
$400,000 a ticket to listen to a bitter and twisted imbecile. 

Was Outback Streakhouse catering? If so Shammy would be there in a flash. LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 1:50pm
Poor Matty, finding out how Trump treats his ''friends''. After 3 years, 313 Fox and 130 Hannity appearances idolizing the Orange Idiot, writing a book about how he is modeling his zero substance political career on him, running around the country repeating Trump's lies and conspiracy theories, after declaring on Friday that only Marj, Gym Jordan and Donald were in his corner now, he has requested an audience with the Orange God King.

Donald: Who are you again?
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 1:51pm
LOL
Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 3:22pm
"He went down a path he shouldn't have, and we shouldn't have followed him, and we shouldn't have listened to him. And we can't let that ever happen again."

"Yes," Haley, the former Republican governor of South Carolina, said in response to a question from The Associated Press during a news conference at South Carolina State University when asked if she would support another White House bid from Trump. Haley explained that she would not launch her own presidential campaign "if President Trump ran, and I would talk to him about it.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 5:24pm
Last 4 years: You can't look at my taxes because I am President.
Now: You cant look at my taxes because I am no longer President.

Trump Says New York Tax Law Doesn’t Apply Because He’s Not President

By 

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2021 at 6:19pm
https://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/ny-oped-the-president-is-a-psychopath-20200924-i4yegtrvjvelzgrqniinn6pvue-story.html

Say it plainly: The president is a psychopath

By ALAN D. BLOTCKY and SETH D. NORRHOLM

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 6:11pm
Looks like it's up to me to keep this low rating failing topic alive. Like the last person watching season 6 of The Apprentice I will soldier on.

Rick Reilly: Trump is the worst cheat ever on the golf course

“Donald Trump is the worst cheat ever and he doesn’t care who knows,” Rick Reilly says as he describes a man he has known for 30 years. “I always says golf is like bicycle shorts. It reveals a lot about a man. And golf reveals a lot of ugliness in this president.”

Reilly, the former Sports Illustrated columnist, has written a book called Commander in Cheat: How Golf Explains Trump. It’s rattling good fun which also depicts the startling duplicity of the president as a golfer. “You’re mostly laughing,” Reilly says, “but at times you’re crying – how did this happen? As a golfer he really offends me. Cheating? Hate that. Driving carts on greens? Hate that. Wearing old dockers two sizes too small for him? Give me a break. Kicking your ball so often that the caddies call you Pelé? I so hate that. Most of all I hate how stupid he’s making my country look. I hate what he’s doing to my planet. I hate what he’s doing to kids at the border. I don’t mind Republicans. I just can’t stand this guy. I love golf and he has set the game back 30 years. Just when it was becoming cool with Rory McIlroy and Ricky Fowler we get this fat bozo cheating his ass off.”

Dr Lance Dodes, a Harvard psychiatrist, tells Reilly that Trump is “a very ill man” who “exhibits all the traits of a narcissistic personality disorder.” Reilly sighs. “It’s terrible he should cheat at golf which is the one sport where we self-regulate. There are referees in every other sport but in golf, if you’re 200 yards away, you can kick the ball and get away with it. I called the National Golf Foundation. They said 90 per cent of golfers don’t cheat. Golf is an honest game but this guy leaves a big ugly orange stain on it. It really pisses me off.”

Reilly’s anger towards Trump is made more interesting by the fact they have known each other for so long and that he admits he once almost liked the billionaire. “I liked him as a writer because he’s a crazy fabulist who tells lies so big they can float in the Macy’s parade. He’s great copy. If he says, ‘Can you be here tomorrow for an interview?’ I’d be on the red eye. I would do anything to get that interview. But if I had to play golf with him again, and it wasn’t for an article, I’d never do it.

“The first time I met him we were playing in the Pebble Beach Pro-Am [in the late 1980s]. He comes over and says, ‘It’s Rick Reilly, the greatest sportswriter in the world.’ There’s always an angle with Trump. Marla Marples was his wife then and she said, ‘He’s your biggest fan. Look!’ She pulled one of my columns out of her purse like this is a set up. He wanted me to write a column about him. But I had this idea of writing a book where I caddy for famous people. So we make a day for me to caddy for him but I turn up and he didn’t have anybody to play with. So I played him. That was the day he took the only gimme chip in I’ve ever seen. A chip is a gimme? Trump’s pretty good off the tee but he chips like Edward Scissorhands. He’ll cheat you on the course and then buy you lunch.”

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/golf/rick-reilly-trump-is-the-worst-cheat-ever-on-the-golf-course-1.4110920

Simon Cameron

Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 6:15pm
You’re doing very well. Keep the quality fact driven articles coming tlazLOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 6:43pm
Can we get someone to fact check how many Diet Cokes the Great Man has had since he said to boycott Coca Cola?
Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 9:40pm
I think you’ll find he told everyone that THEY should boycott.

We all know this leading by example is not his thing....
Shammy Davis View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shammy Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 12:45am
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

LOL Tizzy's TDS driven ad infinitum innocuous cut and paste posts at their best.  I am beginning to wonder if Tizzy and PT aren't one in the same.Shocked
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 12:47pm
Talk about TDS and BDS, guy hasn't posted for 2 weeks and he comes back specifically for those 2 threads LOL
Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by Shammy Davis Shammy Davis wrote:

Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

LOL Tizzy's TDS driven ad infinitum innocuous cut and paste posts at their best.  I am beginning to wonder if Tizzy and PT aren't one in the same.Shocked
But no comment as to the article that he shared?

You know, the one that explicitly details what a sad, pathetic cheat, the orange idiot is?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 1:40pm
he’s a crazy fabulist who tells lies so big they can float in the Macy’s parade

he chips like Edward ScissorhandsLOL

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 1:46pm

Trump is a psychopath

"He breaks norms, rules, and laws with impunity.

He peddles fake conspiracy theories and irrational magical thinking.

He has been accused of sexually predatory behavior by at least 25 women.

He blames, scapegoats and gaslights as easily as he breathes.

He undermines the vital role of the free press because he abhors oversight and accountability.

His lies and anti-scientific advice and intentional downplaying of the coronavirus pandemic has led to countless American deaths.

He is callous and cold and unfeeling because he has no conscience.

He denigrates and humiliates anyone and everyone in his path.

He has no respect for military heroes or renowned experts.

He is obsessed with power and adoration.

He is a greedy opportunist.

He is corrupt to the core.

Simon Cameron

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 260261262263264 449>