Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > Laundry Basket
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Absolute Disgrace

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 12:46pm
Ok - then good luck trying to get business people playing by the Covid rules when its costing them a fortune to do so. I mean it is totally illogical & an argument that now has no credibility. Sort of hoping for a second wave - we deserve no less imo.
Refer ALP Election Promises
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 12:48pm
Wonder how easily djebel would adapt to living a nomadic life in the middle of Australia ?
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

The NSW Court of Appeal over ruled the Supreme Court and said that Gladys/NSW Police order that the march can go ahead was valid. 

What is there to talk about? Gladys screwed up the NSW COA slapped her down. 

I thought the Supreme Court was the court of appeal and only able to be overruled by High Court.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 1:00pm
Oh I get it. Single judge Supreme Court decisions can be changed by the Court of Appeal which is also part of the Supreme Court.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 1:07pm
No,  a police authorisation allowing assembly under the Summary Offences Act sec 27 cannot be challenged in court.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 1:10pm
It doesn't challenge the states Public Health Orders but people assembling a reasonable excuse for attending.

I am sure State governments will be busy this week trying to plug that hole up.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 1:18pm
Why - didn't seem to stop the lawlessness in all the other states yesterday. You would love total anarchy wouldn't you PT ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 1:22pm
Even for you oneone. Embarrassed
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 1:24pm
I'll tell you this - there would have been "zero" protesters yesterday that would have been retailers / service suppliers that have battled there arse off for the past 3 mths trying to keep their businesses afloat (& still being severely limited re Covid compliance). They must all be scratching their heads this morning ! 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 1:26pm
That is a different argument, but the police/public health/Premier ruled that it is safe to get out, just as they have allowed people to return to races and football next week.

What is the difference?
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 1:29pm
Anzac Day march = cancelled

Protests = given the green light, no social distancing what so ever

Priorities
EAD
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 1:30pm
I'll guarantee social distancing will be organised & enforced at both PT - in a professional manner. Yesterday was an absolute sham re social distancing.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 1:30pm
No Tigg, cant you read? 
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 1:32pm
We still have some retailers a number of retailers operating 10 customers max - or max customers based on shop size divided by 4.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 1:34pm
 (based on square metres)
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 1:36pm
Vent you outrage at the Liebs at the next State election and get rid of them oneone.Thumbs Up
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 1:40pm
Anyhow - i think my job is done here today. I will leave it SC , djebel & PT to explain what yesterday was all about & how anything has changed - except a lot of disillusion amongst those of us who thought we had one a pretty good job on Covid Compliance measures. Not good enough obviously !
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 1:43pm
Can we get this Sad Thread shut down then? 
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 1:45pm
Even hard-core lefties look askance at yesterday's restriction-busting rallies. I was speaking to one who was totally disapproving, considering the hardships borne, to keep COVID under control. I was told be a left-leaner today, that the aboriginal push will ride the wave of public sympathy for as long as it will carry them, till it dumps them. That day has to be nearer, after yesterday.
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2020 at 1:30pm
Two politicians, one from the Liberal Democrats, whoever they are, and the other a federal Green senator, no it was not Adam Bandt, but some nondescript member of the Greens, attended the Melbourne BLM rally on Saturday. Both said that there were risks for themselves but thought it was important to attend. If these crackpots felt is was OK for themselves to attend,did they have any thought to others they may infect in they catch the virus.Regardless, they should self isolate for the next 14 days.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2020 at 1:35pm
I hope they wore masks and carried the COVID-safe app on their phones and will self isolate for 14 days.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2020 at 1:54pm
Going by the photo in the press they wore masks and I presume they carried a telephone, but whether they had that app and/or they will self isolate I have no idea.
But IMO : app= $ 1.0001: Self isolate = $10.00
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2020 at 1:57pm
Being Greens they would be terrified of the Gubmint tracking them so probably not.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2020 at 8:19pm
 I should have known that Green's senator, Janet Sago, sorry Janet Rice, is flying back to Canberra to take her place in the Senate. She might even catch up with Adam Bandt and Sarah Hanson-Young, that would be worth being a fly in the room.
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2020 at 9:15pm
Black lives matter, just ask the Hutus and the Tutsis. I frankly think a few of these activists should be charged with an offence, namely, "trying to gain a benefit by deception." cos that is what they are after, more benefits based on grievances addressed long ago, but claimed still to be in force.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123