Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > Laundry Basket
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Absolute Disgrace

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Absolute Disgrace
    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 6:21pm
This protest march around the country is an absolute joke. The whole country has been working towards beating this pandemic - costing the country a fortune - making daily life a misery - only to see thousands shoulder to shoulder around the country today for a cause most folk are struggling to define. Some businesses are still not even open - like gyms. Seriously cannot believe it. A lot of explaining required.
Refer ALP Election Promises
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 6:23pm
And how could a judge overturn a decision to make it legal in Sydney ?
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 6:27pm
How would you like to be a restaurant , cafe or other type of hospitality owner. Struggling your arse off for 3 months - still operating under severe restrictions - only to see thousands of people ignoring all social distancing requirements. All with a green light.
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 6:27pm
I agree, the nightsticks need to be applied liberally, and not just to the idiots marching.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 6:28pm
And why would you open a new thread instead of posting your opinions in the Coronavirus thread?
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 6:28pm
Hope we get a second wave of virus that knocks half of us over. We deserve no better !
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

And why would you open a new thread instead of posting your opinions in the Coronavirus thread?
Because this deserves its own thread. A lot more to come from this. Now nick off you pain in the arse !
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 6:31pm
Agree oneone 100%----   Shoot a few of the Mad persons .

What the west will achieve is NON ACTIVE Police ---   Justifiably they will go to work and no hands on.----   issue a few Parking tickets and let the home invaders have a picnic.
I'm ashamed to be an Aussie to day. We should all be complaining to our local member of Parliament. All day , every day.

The American Police are resigning in big numbers.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 6:34pm
People have "played the game" wonderfully well during the lockdowns, and now people in authority are giving way to this riff-raff
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

People have "played the game" wonderfully well during the lockdowns, and now people in authority are giving way to this riff-raff

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 6:40pm
I have a business that is restricted to a max of 10 people at any one time. Social distancing, tracing logs , consumable hygiene supply - resulting in massive income loss & big cost increases - with the threat of huge fines if we breach. And then we see this ! How should i feel ?
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 6:41pm
All this bar the Court of Appeal decision has already been comprehensively canvassed in the coronavirus thread.

Maybe 11 is following Boob's example and trying to reach Premium Status on here by opening entirely unnecessary new threads.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Hope we get a second wave of virus that knocks half of us over. We deserve no better !

We're only about a hundred billion down the hole through the restrictions imposed, and now we have this BS allowed ? My opinion of our politicians can't get much lower, but it has today.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 6:44pm
The attention numbers supports more threads ...    We have to have more places to avoid Trump haters.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 6:45pm
Well i think we would be more than happy if you focused your time there Second Chance. You offer bugger all comment that means anything at the best of times. So off you go.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 6:50pm
I'd like PT to give his thoughts on the matter. Could be waiting for a while !
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 6:51pm
It's just a further extension of the "national sorry day" BS, I declare any day when officialdom panders to minorities on the basic of ethnicity, a sorry day.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 6:53pm
I have given my thoughts in several of the other threads on this oneone, including the aforementioned Coronavirus thread.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 6:55pm
I mean seriously - how are Scomo et al ( all persuasions) - going to expect anyone to take them seriously on this issue going forward. All those health workers , all the business owners , all those that want to travel here & overseas but cant. Time to pull all restrictions & hope for the best
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

I have given my thoughts in several of the other threads on this oneone, including the aforementioned Coronavirus thread.
Bit of fence sitting from what I've read PT. Should the protest marches been all allowed to go ahead or not ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 6:59pm
It's an inevitable result of years of pandering, they can't turn that "Queen Mary" around in a day, and say, "stay home or else, we don't care what your pet grievance is today, we have greater priorities".
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 6:59pm
I agree it's a disgrace. And that it deserves its own thread. God know the corona thread has gone off on a million tangents.
I wonder if Trump will find his way into this one.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 7:02pm
I'm so Pizzed off I could vote Labor. That would be euthanasia.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 7:03pm
Welcome comrade Hug
Baguette View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baguette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 7:09pm
It’s pretty rare that things on the news get me angry this one does. Bloody idiots marching for their own satisfaction , “ look at me aren’t I sooo woke and progressive” and managing to totally annoy the vast majority of Australians! Most of them don’t even know why theyre protesting! One things for sure indigenous Australians deserve much better than having their cause hijacked by these fools. I think it has to be stressed that the city dwelling idiots DO NOT speak for indigenous Australia. Most of them are at home doing the right thing by their family and health, given the Indigenous are more susceptible than others to this virus. The worst part? Scomo and Gladys will be rubbing their hands together with glee saying “ come in spinner” . This behaviour today will boost their popularity a lot. God the modern left are stupid!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 7:09pm
Weak as. This will cost lives for sure. And cause a major amount of resistance to lock-down rules, by law-abiding people. These coots have been told by hand-wringers that they are above the law, and are now acting the part.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 7:10pm
I've only just seen the footage. Holy cow. The world's gone mad.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 7:11pm
What do they actually want ? What changes are actually going to occur tomorrow - or next week or next month ? I get the high incarceration rates - i get the crap health outcomes - i even get the racism bit - but haven't we been trying to address all that for decades now ? Sorry Day , Reconciliation , Government Housing , Government hand-outs , works programs , sporting scholarships, interventions for children in danger - i mean things have been improving surely !
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 7:12pm
I went near the march today and my Covidsafe App was going absolutely beserk.
So I got the heck out of the area.
ALL my posts are written as Sci-Fi, no different to an Orson Welles and should not be taken literally. Sci-fi is a genre of Fiction.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 7:13pm
Welcome to country !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>