Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Oscar/ Grammy Awards

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 11:03am
I ask AGAIN do you disagree with Panahi  ?
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 11:08am
Originally posted by Isaac soloman Isaac soloman wrote:

Following on the hypocrisy theme
Harvey Weinstein is obviously a bad bloke, but gee, he did launch a few actresses careers.
Why didnt they they say something sooner and spare future generations of actresses a lot of angst?
Hard to take seriously.....

Name and shame these "ladies" who had a help along.

The casting couch is most actress stars,   best performance.

I love them coming forward 20 years after they were " Raped ".   AND had gone back for more in many cases.

Life is geared for the Ladies to exploit their most prized posession.

I read where the dating sites and the Rooters Dens , have it all free for the ladies , but men pay a fortune,      So who has the best product for sale.
    I must confess , I have said many times that the "furry noose " should be on Special at the Chain Stores every week.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 11:23am

Harvey Weinstein is obviously a bad bloke, but gee, he did launch a few actresses careers.
Why didnt they they say something sooner and spare future generations of actresses a lot of angst?

How did you approach things when you were sexually assaulted? Did you report it immediately? Something like this happened to you right? That’s why you are qualified to comment on how a victim should behave?
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 11:33am
Who is that strange little person with green hair , that looks like she ( it is a she isnt it ? ) dressed from the op shop rag bag ?  What does she actually do ??Confused  Its a strange old world when we start paying attention to what these people preach from their gilded cages.

animals before people.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 5:32pm
That's Billie Eilish, AA. She swept the grammie music awards. She's about 12 and she sings extremely messed up songs for teens. I only know of her because a morbid girl I taught was obsessed with her.

I'm surprised nobody has heard about that (best actor?) nutter's speech about species equality yet. (Hopefully he was taking the pizz but probably not.) But maybe I shouldn't be surprised. Lowest ratings again and no host again. Ricky Gervaise hosting would have created some interest. I was only interested to see if any of the lollipops would be more self aware after his recent panning of them all. But no. As the best actor bloke said, they all feel "blessed" and "humbled" to be given the opportunity to be a "voice for the voiceless." Including the voiceless cows.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

That's Billie Eilish, AA. She swept the grammie music awards. She's about 12 and she sings extremely messed up songs for teens. I only know of her because a morbid girl I taught was obsessed with her.

I'm surprised nobody has heard about that (best actor?) nutter's speech about species equality yet. (Hopefully he was taking the pizz but probably not.) But maybe I shouldn't be surprised. Lowest ratings again and no host again. Ricky Gervaise hosting would have created some interest. I was only interested to see if any of the lollipops would be more self aware after his recent panning of them all. But no. As the best actor bloke said, they all feel "blessed" and "humbled" to be given the opportunity to be a "voice for the voiceless." Including the voiceless cows.

I can't believe you are a teacher. The misspelt heading of this thread was corrected and yet you make the same mistake again Confused

Either that or the standards are so low even I could qualify LOL

Grammy
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 6:29pm
Go away whale.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 6:47pm
Am now confused.  What should I call the mother of my mum or dad?  Grammie, grammy, gramma, nana.  It's all so confusing.

Apart of course from some who've attempted and singularly failed to bag some celebrities for expressing an opinion when said celebs were in an ideal position to do so.  You grasp the moment forfs. 

Mind you if said celebs had given Trump, climate deniers and Mexican Wall proponents a big boost that would have been totally ok. Wacko
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 7:47pm
I think a few people have collectively failed.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 7:50pm
God that's a load of cobblers Second Chance. Why do you express yourself in such a convoluted way ? It impresses no one  Confused
Refer ALP Election Promises
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 7:52pm
No kidding. What a tool.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 8:19pm

Go away whale.

do you reallie mean that teach LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

God that's a load of cobblers Second Chance. Why do you express yourself in such a convoluted way ? It impresses no one  Confused

LOL,,,and SC is the one who puts s**t on others for sniping. 
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 10:21pm

Gotta laugh at these weirdos , giving a voice to the voicless.   No wonder teens go off the rails and suicide , with the green haired girl leading them.  
What a strange world we live in.   These so called STARS influencing so many people, especially the teens.
When I was a teen our stars were real people who lived in the real world. 
animals before people.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 3:24am
If trading was allowed in the Dead pool comp, I would definitely be drafting Joaquin into my team.

He is a seriously fcuked up individual ... I would love to hear what Ricky Gervais thought of his speach!Tongue
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 7:27am

LOL love that one Doc - very funny! maybe he's angry at his parents for calling him joaquin and not river

Edited by Gay3 - 13 Feb 2020 at 10:53am
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 9:50am
Thee successive snipes with nothing other than puerile attempts to put down.

No kidding. What a tool.

LOL,,,and SC is the one who puts s**t on others for sniping. 

Oneonesit, Stayer and Acacia Alba.  No surprise there.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 10:41am
Direct personal abuse removed Disapprove

Object of her bile seems to be SC, wonder what he did to her Confused

Edited by Gay3 - 13 Feb 2020 at 10:55am
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 10:54am
AA, filling in when the mods wont, or cant.
Good on her...
sc, he/she is a difficult character, with a barrister daughter.
How would YOU tackle that whale?

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 11:25am
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

How did you approach things when you were sexually assaulted? Did you report it immediately? Something like this happened to you right? That’s why you are qualified to comment on how a victim should behave?

Rose McGowan: Natalie Portman's Oscars dress protest 'deeply offensive'

McGowan, who published a memoir, Brave, about her alleged experience with Harvey Weinstein in 2018, wrote about Portman: “You are the problem. Lip service is the problem … I am singling you out because you are the latest in a long line of actresses who are acting the part of a woman who cares about other women. Actresses who supposedly stand for women, but in reality do not do much at all.”

stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Thee successive snipes with nothing other than puerile attempts to put down.

Edit to remove almighty mess!
Oneonesit, Stayer and Acacia Alba.  No surprise there.

Lol. Care to quote yourself? No surprise. I like your comments about racing and some other things, SC, but based on some things you've written in these threads you're the walking cliche of a smug, condescending, blinkered old leftie.(/y)

Edited by Gay3 - 14 Feb 2020 at 9:43pm
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 9:38pm

"Guardian Text Egyptian Web", Georgia,  about her alleged experience with Harvey Weinstein in 2018, wrote about Portman: “You are the problem. Lip service is the problem … I am singling you out because you are the latest in a long line of actresses who are acting the part of a woman who cares about other women. Actresses who supposedly stand for women, but in reality do not do much at all.”</span>

Rose McGowan is just jealous that Natalie Portman has kept her looks. They're both hollywood idiots.

Edited by Gay3 - 14 Feb 2020 at 9:45pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 10:16pm

<h1 ="__line " itemprop="line" style="margin-right: 0px; margin-left: 0px; font-size: 2.125rem; line-height: 2.375rem; font-family: "Guardian Egyptian Web", Georgia, serif; font-weight: 400; padding: 0.1875rem 0px 2.25rem; color: rgb18, 18, 18; font-variant-ligatures: common-ligatures;">Rose McGowan: Natalie Portman's Oscars dress protest 'deeply offensive'</h1>
<span style="color: rgb18, 18, 18; font-family: "Guardian Text Egyptian Web", Georgia, serif; font-size: 17px; font-variant-ligatures: common-ligatures;">McGowan, </span>who published a memoir, Brave<span style="color: rgb18, 18, 18; font-family: "Guardian Text Egyptian Web", Georgia, serif; font-size: 17px; font-variant-ligatures: common-ligatures;">, about her alleged experience with Harvey Weinstein in 2018, wrote about Portman: “You are the problem. Lip service is the problem … I am singling you out because you are the latest in a long line of actresses who are acting the part of a woman who cares about other women. Actresses who supposedly stand for women, but in reality do not do much at all.”</span>

Which has what exactly to do with the often ashamed, totally messed up minds of sexual abuse victims? I’ll ask again, what was your reaction to being sexually abused? Did you report the perpetrator right away?
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 10:31pm
Have you been abused, E&E?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 10:32pm
cant say  ii did...but if i had how many subsequent victims would have been spared if i had... 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 11:24pm

Have you been abused, E&E?

Not that it’s relevant but no. Which is why I don’t pretend to l know how a victim should behave. What I do know is that it is common for victims to go years without telling anyone or reporting the abuse (if they ever do). Sure some do so right away and their strength to come forward is to be commended. But a large number, probably the majority do not. When people who have never experienced anything like that expect a victim to step forward right away or just shows how deluded they are. Totally oblivious to reality.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 11:28pm
WRONG to entertain thins like Rape after a long time has elapsed.
If someone is raped the obvious is a Police involvement in a timely fashion.
I'd hang a rapist but when reporting it has elapsed = NOT GUILTY

Some of these people went back several times and when their sex acts didn't achieve suitable parts.    They scream Rape .
Anyone not reporting a rape is guilty of protecting an offender of the future.
Lets face it, the casting couch style of promotion is a part of life.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 11:29pm
So that's "no."
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 11:30pm

cant say  ii did...but if i had how many subsequent victims would have been spared if i had... 

And you know this how exactly? Laughable deluded to think you know with any certainty at all how you would react if you were to have been abused.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 11:33pm

Don't get drawn into this one Isaac.
Your being hit by a ruthless one , with no consideration for the feelings of others.    IGNORE him like so many others do.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>