Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Coronavirus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 636637638639640 838>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 8:41pm
newly discovered "Report Post" button.)

Where the dickens did you find that  ??? Shocked
animals before people.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 11:34am
Well its all becoming pretty obvious to me up here in NSW - the answer to Covid was staring us in the face. Just had to boot Gladys a few months back & get Dom in to release the shackles. Maybe Vic should take note .
Refer ALP Election Promises
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 11:55am
I heard an aboriginal spokesman, an  artist, I do not recall his given name, speaking on behalf of his indigenous mob in his a remote part of Arnhem Land saying that they feared for Covid finding its way to where they live. He added "they did not care about money, and only wanted their freedom ". On hearing that, I thought what did he mean? Do they want to go back to life as it was before the white men arrived in Australia and if they had no need of money how did they expect to get by in the twenty first century ?
In a utopia world we would all like to have no need of money, but in reality, one must earn money to survive and not expect a government welfare for your survival.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 11:55am
If this positive trend in NSW re infection numbers continues we should catch up to Qld by this time next year. Add 10 years for Vic. 
Does make one wonder why Anna cops so muck flak - esp now considering our fearless leader Dom has exactly the same approach to regional NSW
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 12:05pm
"Does make one wonder why Anna cops so muck flak"

I reckon there's one good reason...
Time is a flat circle
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 12:25pm
Ok - then answer this pls TJ. If Anna had buckled any of those times in the past 12 mths when Scommo , Gladys et al banged the table for Qld to re-open would they be better or worse off now ? Would it have helped NSW or Vic ? And further - so its Ok for Dom to use an "isolationist approach" to safeguard regional NSW (as of a few days back) - however Anna cannot do same for Queenslanders. Reality is Anna is the real leader - not Dan, Gladys or Dom for that matter. 
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 12:28pm
Qlds vaccination level with 44 and 57% of total population is too low for people from NSW and Vic to flood in there.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 12:31pm
Agree. However that has never stopped Scommo or Gladys putting pressure on in the past. To her credit she resisted.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 12:37pm
You see here is the hypocrisy. If Anna was Vic Premier - & used the same approach she has in Qld - & achieved the same outcomes as they currently have in Qld - she would be applauded by those now ridiculing her. Its called jealousy
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 12:41pm
& further - if Dan was offered a plan today that would largely solve the Vic issue - even if it increased exposure to the other States - do you think he would do it ? Quicker than a rat up a drain pipe I reckon LOL
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Ok - then answer this pls TJ. If Anna had buckled any of those times in the past 12 mths when Scommo , Gladys et al banged the table for Qld to re-open would they be better or worse off now ? Would it have helped NSW or Vic ? And further - so its Ok for Dom to use an "isolationist approach" to safeguard regional NSW (as of a few days back) - however Anna cannot do same for Queenslanders. Reality is Anna is the real leader - not Dan, Gladys or Dom for that matter. 

I have nothing against Anna really. The reason she gets sh1t on is the same reason Mark M does and the same reason Danny Boy does.
Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 12:46pm
The only plan on offer anywhere is get to 80% fully vaccinated or 90% of eligible to minimize the carnage on the health system when they let it rip. NSW and ACT are the only jurisdictions approaching(but not there) those numbers and Perrottet and Morrison are trying to pressure the rest into following suit. 

The next week in NSW will tell if it is safe to open at those levels. The rest will wait and see how we NSW canaries fare.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 12:52pm
So question PT - i want you to have a crack. I am surprised that NSW numbers have actually started to improve. I thought we would have seen a spike from GF weekend - didn't happen. Now i know testing numbers are down a bit - however its looking pretty good. Do you think they will take off or not - say by end next week ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 1:00pm
Lockdowns, isoplation and compliance works. The numbers in NSW peaked about 2 weeks ago with their R_eff dropping to 1.0. It is now down to .77 which means the 3 day average numbers halve every 13 days. NSW should be looking at numbers around 200-250 cases a day if the vaccine uptake counters the expected rise from opening. Those numbers will be the measure.

Victoria now has theirs levelling off 1.1 meaning a doubling of 36 days. This is down from every 7 days a few weeks ago. They are tentatively placed with new unlinked expusures the last couple of days. They cannot follow NSW.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 1:01pm
*200-250 in a weeks time.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 1:07pm
OK - will be interesting.

I am going to be pessimistic & say back over 1000 by end next week (say 24th )
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 1:09pm
I think it will also. We dont know what their new modeling says to expect to compare.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 1:12pm
Yesterday testing numbers down to 66,000. Pretty well half of what it was a few weeks backs
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 1:15pm
Yes got up to 150,000 a day with a high of 247,000 when people were more anxious. 

Hope we aren't going to abandon everything next week 
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Qlds vaccination level with 44 and 57% of total population is too low for people from NSW and Vic to flood in there.

It would be irresponsible to go there and spread the disease 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 2:16pm

I think it will also. We dont know what their new modeling says to expect to compare.

A Bob each way from your 2 posts

What will it be PT, 200 or a 1000 end of next week
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 3:37pm
No thought has gone int o what results the Premier wants .    WE know what that is and with testing being reduced and probably better weather m I'm tipping a brighter outlook for NSW.
   Qld has had too few suitable numbers for it to be good work by humans .   It has to be a weather factor or divine intervention.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 3:41pm
What happened to all the meltdowns over the grand final being a super spreader event
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 6:44pm
More to prove the lock downs and crowd reductions, didn't work .

Some disasters in front of us as we pay the price for the over reactions.       Thousands ruined , their Businesses gone and finaancially destroyed.   So much mental strain and we pay dearly for that.
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

What happened to all the meltdowns over the grand final being a super spreader event
You mean the GF in Brisbane where they have quarantined in a manner, where there is nothing to spread?

If only you understood how the virus spreads….
 A crowd with no virus, can’t spread a virus……..

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 3:10am

It would be irresponsible to go there and spread the disease 

a non-vaccinated person is the more irresponsible.

Everywhere we went, today, we were asked for vax status and of course, QR compliance. In the yum cha restaurant, the greengrocers and in three furniture stores.

I hope the vax-refusers enjoy having no freedoms. 

Clap

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 3:12am

A Bob each way from your 2 posts

What will it be PT, 200 or a 1000 end of next week

why don't you hazard a guess?

or don't you actually have any substance?

Wink
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 3:21am
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

"Does make one wonder why Anna cops so muck flak"

I reckon there's one good reason...

I think she's done a good job...in a very easy situation. Arrogantly and smugly...but good.

Put her in charge of NSW or Victoria, though, and she wouldn't be able to contain the virus any better than Dan or Gladys. Totally different population density, quarantining levels and stuff-ups from health officials.   

Same goes for MM, in WA, who has an easier job than the eastern states.

The more isolated the state, the easier it is to control. 

Pure logic.

Anna's main problem is that no-one really likes her...

Geek
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 10:20am

I do Thumbs Up
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 10:32am
Someone likes her. She inherited a partyroom with 7 members and has turned that into 3 straight election wins.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 636637638639640 838>