Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Coronavirus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 329330331332333 838>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2020 at 1:26pm
Would post a hug image just for our WA amigo but don't know how to do it.  Embarrassed
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2020 at 1:27pm
I'm not surprised the Chinese got cranky about Australian parroting of anti-Chinese rhetoric by Trump, about COVID, it seemed like like a terribly dumb move, within milliseconds of hearing it, after all, I don't recall Canberra calling for an enquiry into the origins of the GFC. Perhaps Isaac can help ? Wink
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2020 at 1:30pm
The JoyPixels Hugging Face Emoji Animation by JoyPixels | Animated emoticons,  Animated emojis, Cute emoji wallpaper
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2020 at 1:33pm
May I suggest a Chinese version of that PT, to really gladden Isaac's heart ?
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2020 at 1:37pm
The mentality of the Chinese.
Keep digging China.
China trolls Australia with sick doctored imageThe provocative image China has created blasting the ADF. (Image blurred by news.com.au) Picture: Supplied
https://www.news.com.au/national/politics/china-trolls-australia-with-sick-doctored-image/news-story/2f48f2199dfa76eb26c55b76d664cf23
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2020 at 1:38pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2020 at 1:40pm
Hey Isaac, you know we have a whole thread on China?

I know nobody reads it though.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2020 at 1:40pm
How do we tell if an image is "sick", if it is blurred ?
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2020 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by furious furious wrote:

And the fact that it jumps from animal to human does kind of make the wet markets a likely source of the disease.  Just wish the world could of reacted sooner to stop what is happening overseas today.

And in response to Shrunk in the Wash.  There were many mistakes made here also.  And yes we were lucky to come around.  

But if once the mistake had occurred the people had decided to ignore the rules we would be just as bad as most of the rest of the world.  They didn't. 

It’s a matter of degrees I guess. What about all the chaotic scenes at the Sydney beaches. It happened on many occasions along with the protests and marches and over crowding of inner city pubs.
I could never understand why 5 people couldn’t go to a cafe but 500 could wander around wooliesConfused

Anyways, we’ve survived so all is good
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 11:28am
Masks shrunky. Masks were key down here in Vic.
Time is a flat circle
Mr Prospector View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Prospector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 10:01am
There are three types of lies - Lies ,Damn Lies and Statistics
fee View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 10:03am
Great effort Australia, virtually 0 cases .

The economy is recovering well 3.3% growth in the last quarter, back on track Smile

As for vaccines, we have them coming out of our ears. Just shows Tim Flannery is not the only scientist to be accused of getting it wrong, our very own immunologist was way off the mark Embarrassed
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Prospector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 10:04am
I can't get the link to work but the article is on the ABC news website atm. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 10:06am
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Prospector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 10:10am
Ok I'll bite PT , your link looks the same . Sometimes a copy and paste works and sometimes not ?? 

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 10:12am
No Mr P., I think they may have updated the story and either deliberately or accidently killed the link. I just Googled the key words and ABC and the new link came up.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 10:13am
Here we go:

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Prospector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 10:27am
You can teach some old dogs new tricks and some you can't . 
Thanks .  
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 11:30am
There are tentative signs that the latest spurt in cases, is easing, including in the USA, where daily deaths are getting up to where they were in the first peak. It seems to be a case of when it flares, people get more careful, when that leads to a decline in cases, people relax again and it gets another go on.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 11:57am
What happened to Macca.  Did he see we haven't destroyed our economy and actually may be better off than he thought after the tough shut downs?  Hope so he needed cheering up.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 12:02pm
The Chinese "flu" will have less effect on us than our poking the panda bear will, I am sure there are a lot of people in China-oriented export businesses that are in a state of apprehension at recent developments. As the old song says, "look after business, Mr businessman", something the dipsticks in Canberra lost sight of.
fee View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 8:18am
Brilliant effort by Australia to halt the rampaging virus. Harsh measures needed to be taken, were largely adhered to and now we are nearly virus free.  An example to the world Smile

Now the economy is roaring back, house prices are rising, even in Victoria they did not fall much and in some areas actually rose. 2021 seems rosy barring  unforeseen events or one situation that is escalating, China.

Vaccines are available sorely needed o'seas but equally important are more effective treatments for cases or the death toll will continue to be horrific.

Economy set to end 2020 with a flourish

Colin Brinsden, AAP Economics and Business Correspondent
·3-min read

The Australian economy has entered the final months of 2020 in positive shape with exports rebounding, home loans at record levels and construction activity at a two-year high.

This spread of new economic data came hot on the heels of Wednesday's national accounts which showed the economy grew by a robust 3.3 per cent in the September quarter.

That signalled the end of Australia's first technical recession since the early 1990s, and the initial signs are the December quarter will be equally upbeat, aided by the reopening of Victoria after its COVID-19 lockdown.

"The economy is changing gears once again and we are moving forward," Prime Minister Scott Morrison told reporters in Canberra, emerging from two weeks quarantining after a trip to Japan.

Westpac chief economist Bill Evans said his bank's own credit card data suggests the strength of consumer spending seen in the September quarter extended into October and November,

"That's pointing to, I would imagine, quite a strong quarter for the December quarter as well," Mr Evans said.

The monthly trade surplus grew to $7.5 billion from $5.8 billion in October, buoyed by a larger-than-expected five per cent jump in exports.

This included a 14 per cent increase iron ore exports.

Exports had been the weak link in the national accounts, detracting 1.9 percentage points from growth and the biggest quarterly subtraction in 40 years.

Meanwhile, other Australian Bureau of Statistics data showed the value of home loans for owner-occupiers in October rose 0.8 per cent to a record high $17.4 billion, to be more than 30 per cent higher than a year earlier.

Loans to owner-occupier first home buyers accounted for 35.3 per cent of the loans during the month.

ABS data earlier this week showed building approvals at a 20-year high.

House building was seen as e cornerstone of a further strengthening in the construction sector.

fee View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 10:10am
 UK approves Pfizer vaccine with no proper testing . And the juvenile carry on, ministers gloating we were first to use it, we are the best country in the world , childish taunts, what is wrong with these people Confused
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 10:11am
I hate that our economy revolves around our housing.  So many of the younger Australian will never have what my generation took for granted.  And why.

House you buy for say $60K forty years ago now selling for near to or over $1 million.  You haven't had to pay rent.  Yes you have had to spend money to keep it in good nick but the house doesn't owe you anything. 

I still earn the same - actually less due to hours worked - per hour that I did twenty years ago.  You will find plenty of people in the same boat.  So how can housing be that dear.  I find it unfair.  Yes maybe wages have improved on what we were paid 40 years ago.  But I'm no where near earning $60K yet.  And when I finally have to sell this house.  To buy another will take all the profits so you are really no better off.  But the younger generations are far worse off!

I see plenty of houses sold for over a million in my area.  Luckily still some below but we are in the west not on the coast.  

Now I know we paid our house off at 19% and today it's closer to 3%.  But all that means is when I have to do renovations the bank account suffers and the interest rate doesn't compensate me for the effort.  So in effect I'm going backwards also I guess.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 10:20am
Originally posted by fee fee wrote:

UK approves Pfizer vaccine with no proper testing . And the juvenile carry on, ministers gloating we were first to use it, we are the best country in the world , childish taunts, what is wrong with these people Confused

Good on the Poms.  They are our vaccine crash test dummies. If anything goes wrong we will know about it.Thumbs Up
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 10:29am
Yeah, at least it will be out in the open and not hidden away like it would be in China.
animals before people.
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 11:00am

I hate that our economy revolves around our housing.  So many of the younger Australian will never have what my generation took for granted.  And why.

House you buy for say $60K forty years ago now selling for near to or over $1 million.  You haven't had to pay rent.  Yes you have had to spend money to keep it in good nick but the house doesn't owe you anything. 

I live in a well established inner eastern suburb in Melbourne.

I bought my current house 35 years ago, then renovated that cost the same as the purchase price. If my house had gone at that rate of $60K to $ 1million (  16.6 times ) I would gladly sell tomorrow. More like 6 > 7 times in appreciation. 
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 11:32am
Never forget

Time is a flat circle
fee View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 11:39am
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Yeah, at least it will be out in the open and not hidden away like it would be in China.

why do you keep posting irrelevancies Confused
fee View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 11:43am
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

I live in a well established inner eastern suburb in Melbourne.

I bought my current house 35 years ago, then renovated that cost the same as the purchase price. If my house had gone at that rate of $60K to $ 1million (  16.6 times ) I would gladly sell tomorrow. More like 6 > 7 times in appreciation. 

That is a fact. Some here are very bitter.

However it was so much easier to buy property in the old days, prices were not crazy, I managed to buy a nice flat as they were called then in one of the top areas near the Botanic Gardens whilst on a crappy salary, in my 20's
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 329330331332333 838>