Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Coronavirus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 282283284285286 838>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 2:43pm
macca you can be very brutal sometimes.  I am not a wann be.  I'm happy were I am helping if needed and offering a life time of work in this industry behind that.  We all have our hobbies and this is both work and hobby.  And this is the coronavirus thread doesn't really matter where on the scales of wages or poverty we sit.  Anyone can catch it and it's a hidden threat.
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Denham Hitchcock.

Sounds like a flog
Time is a flat circle
brokecell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brokecell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 2:49pm
If he loses his job as a reporter he could easily be a personal trainer

Action Man
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 2:51pm
Could do with a bit more chest definition
Refer ALP Election Promises
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Denham Hitchcock.

Sounds like a flog

Didn't see it or hear what he said but he is being discussed on twitter in those terms(flog)
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 2:53pm
I put the ball in the scrum at times Furious .          > Nothing is aimed at any individual but the old style of throwing Shxt , does see the cap fitting some and peoples paranoia or guilt comes to the fore ( called Touching a nerve )

Mentioning the virus , I must say , you must be realising soon that this strain of Flu is just another one we get saddled with regularly , but the circumstances have seen massive over reactions world wide and Hysterical people making a mountain out of a mold hill.

I haven't heard of a healthy younger person dying from this nasty Flu.
Remember Influenza kills millions , every year , every year, every year.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 2:59pm
My husband liked to tease and sometimes I jumped just to give him a reaction.  I'm just very touchy at the moment but I don't like fights.  Even here.  Divide and conquer is a very real thing.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 3:07pm
Don't take anything to heart Furious ...   REMEMBER, most people who spend a lot of time on a Forum like this ... HAVE BIG PROBLEMS ,   ie Health would be No 1 i suggest.    Physical & Mental ( I suffer both )     as a housebound , madman.

So keep in mind ,   We are all handicapped to some extent or we wouldn't be here ...   
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 3:20pm
True or we are biding our time while a work process runs through!  I know I'm touchy and take things the wrong way sometimes.  I guess I just want to get along and have everyone happier each day.  Not hard to do if we just try to remember we are all different leading different lives but we are at the same time just the same.  Wanting the best for those we love and the world around us.
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by brokecell brokecell wrote:

BB I have it on good authoritty you were a sucesful , big punter as you claim. Well done, many dream of it a miniscule percentage actually suceed Thumbs Up

bc, Thanks for that acknowledgment, I know it is hard to believe from such lowly background that I could change that all around by betting on horse racing. As you say, I would be one in a million to do so. Fortunately I was quick at mental arithmetic never studied form or was swayed by emotion if I was losing or winning on a given day I never changed. Most people never knew whether I had won or lost on a day as I never celebrated big wins or got down in the dumps if I had suffered a big loss. That played a big part in my success.
Sadly for every successful punter, for them and the TAB to make a profit, there has to be thousands of losers, I guess that is the case for all forms of gambling but I will not dwell on my past any further as it was years ago as I am not getting any younger and the sooner we can get over this virus the sooner I can get to see my children and grand children as they all grow up far too quickly.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 4:34pm
Houston , Texas Dr. Adeline Fagan 28 years has passed away from covid19 , in ICU on ventilator , massive brain haemorrhage , her patients were all covid-19 stricken, this virus has no boundaries.Ouch
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 4:52pm
Poor girl.  Any medical person - be is doctor, nurse or aid - who dies of this is one too many.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Deaths per million are FAR higher in many states than in California.

California is 26th in deaths per million among the states. I know you and Trump have difficulty with understanding that measure.Wink

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Oh, im very familiar with the per million stats 
. When I was using them to show that the USA was lower than many countries I was set upon by you lot for doing so.

Now you want to use itLOLLOLWink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Europe being hit again now and the UK are bracing for the new outbreak, India massive numbers, and now Munich, this is not good , bleak times ahead during the colder N/H winter.

Nothing to see here Carioca. It’s all the orange mans faultLOLWink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 5:31pm
You, like maxie were reading it upside down. When it was 10th or 11th, that was worst, not best.

US has never been above 190th in the world.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

Europe being hit again now and the UK are bracing for the new outbreak, India massive numbers, and now Munich, this is not good , bleak times ahead during the colder N/H winter.

Haha Shrunk, I've had a wonderful lunch and I ain't hungry, go and fish in dirtier waters.LOL
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 6:24pm

California is 26th in deaths per million among the states. I know you and Trump have difficulty with understanding that measure.Wink

. When I was using them to show that the USA was lower than many countries I was set upon by you lot for doing so.

Which countries is the US better on a per capita basis?  Let me see. Number 8 @ 597 deaths per million. Australia is 33 per million. Golly I reckon even dangerous dictator Dan is going better than 597.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

brokecell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brokecell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 6:37pm

Lower than MANY countries, I suppose 7 is many. USA has 8th highest deth rate per million in the world , only 187 countries that have a lower death rate Confused

I gess you don't understand tables but you should TRY to check facts before a "gotcha ", makes you look a litle silly Embarrassed
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 6:47pm
WOT are you on about ...   The worlds Population is increasing by 80 million a yearlot and you having Apoplectic Seizures over a few 90 year olds catching up with the maker .... Get real
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 7:46pm
Well the medical staff caught up in this like the 28 girl above are the ones coping the full brunt of this.  We are only viewing from the sidelines.  And some of them are dying too young because they went to work.
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 7:49pm
60 doctors died in Italy, in the initial wave.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by furious furious wrote:

Well the medical staff caught up in this like the 28 girl above are the ones coping the full brunt of this.  We are only viewing from the sidelines.  And some of them are dying too young because they went to work.<div id="UMS_TOOLTIP" style=": ; cursor: pointer; : 2147483647; : transparent; top: -100000px; left: -100000px;">

Probably a HIV sufferer .   The virus and Tuberculosis , is knocking them off left and right. 40% of them are now "HOME" For the previous pandemic Infections.            > A dangerous reality in my view .
Next pandemic may be a much more advanced version of TB ..   THAT WOULD BE A HUGE WORRY.,       OUR "Professors" and "Experts" went to the same Uni as Tim Flannery , so expect them to have about as much brains .
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 8:05pm
Don't feel bad about me giving the "Professors" and "Experts" a work over ...      After all the useless bxstxrds lack of skills is allowing all these people to die from a common flu.

SHAME on them but they will return .... and the Donkeys will believe them again .... hahahaha----- HOOK LINE and SINKER.
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 8:10pm
macca fact check alert......

COVID-19 is caused by SARS-CoV-2, the flu is caused by influenza viruses. SARS-CoV-2 is a coronavirus, not an influenza virus.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 8:18pm
AHA Max ....     They are all virus of the flu family .      every new strain is exactly that = NEW .... Hundreds of them       Don't try to dazzle yourself with shaky science ...

My dick is not your dick , granted,   but it's a dick of the same family , maybe not as potent or structurally robust but still a dick none the less.
   AND operates much the same as Flu virus 's .... always looking for another victim to infect .      The same as all the other dicks ..
    Does that help Max ????

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 8:20pm

Haha Shrunk, I've had a wonderful lunch and I ain't hungry, go and fish in dirtier waters.LOL

The waters are very murky around here Wink
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 8:21pm
cue Jaws theme
Time is a flat circle
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

AHA Max ....     They are all virus of the flu family .      every new strain is exactly that = NEW .... Hundreds of them       Don't try to dazzle yourself with shaky science ...

My dick is not your dick , granted,   but it's a dick of the same family , maybe not as potent or structurally robust but still a dick none the less.
   AND operates much the same as Flu virus 's .... always looking for another victim to infect .      The same as all the other dicks ..
    Does that help Max ????

I just checked ,   It's still there in my undies but they must have found a vaccine .
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by brokecell brokecell wrote:

Lower than MANY countries, I suppose 7 is many. USA has 8th highest deth rate per million in the world , only 187 countries that have a lower death rate Confused

I gess you don't understand tables but you should TRY to check facts before a "gotcha ", makes you look a litle silly Embarrassed

The facts that you are clearly missing is that , before your arrival here, the use of per million data was ridiculed.
The point that you are clearly missing is the hypocrisy of the Trump haters who denounced the per million  data but now want to embraces it

Get it nowWink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 8:25pm
It wasn't the deaths per million being ridiculed it was your reading them upside down.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 282283284285286 838>