Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Coronavirus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 817818819820821 838>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 9:22pm
This conversation will end up going nowhere so I'm leaving now before it does. Feel free to research the subject yourself.
Time is a flat circle
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 9:27pm
Lol have done, thanks, TJ. Good that you duck out of a controversial subject. Best thing to do to not ruffle feathers.

WHERE'S MACCA?
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

Or you could forget all that and just ask yourself by this point how many people you've known have had the dreaded plague and been fine. The vaccines might have helped a little, but the body does amazing things on it's own, when faced with a new thing.
That’s beyond ridiculous.

Please, give us all a chuckle, and tell us what specific research you’ve done on the subject.
Huh?
What’s  that?
Your sole source of knowledge is disgraced, senile, anonymous poster on a racing forum…….

From memory, you’re an anti vaxxer whose currently employed, by virtue of someone who had the same beliefs as you, that abandoned their job to live by their convictions.

stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 9:57pm
Shut up Rusty.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 10:21pm
Hahahahaha.

That’s a pathetic response in the sandpit at kindy….

And you’re moulding the minds of the future generation.

Beyond hilarious 😆 

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 10:35pm

Lol have done, thanks, TJ. Good that you duck out of a controversial subject. Best thing to do to not ruffle feathers.

WHERE'S MACCA?

OH...SHUT UP ABOUT HIM. 

HE'S NOT COMING BACK.

your posts are ridiculous for a supposedly 'smart' person...

If you still don't understand why people are masking up and worried about covid...you've got your head in the sand...

AngryAngryAngryAngryDead

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2022 at 12:32am

WHERE'S MACCA?

It's not ducking out. It's not wanting to cover old ground. 

I would put up numbers, you would ask 500 questions that mean nothing and we would go in circles.

I was saving both of us some time to watch the footy.
Time is a flat circle
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2022 at 1:59am
 don't expect an answer from him.

Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2022 at 8:11am

WHERE'S MACCA?

Probably annoying the sh!t out of his family now he's managed to be perma-banned from an internet forum for not being able to act like a normal, civilised person.
Hello Sunshine View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hello Sunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2022 at 11:13am
How come your still here afros?
A normal civilised person is not you either.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2022 at 11:23am
Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

WHERE'S MACCA?

Probably annoying the sh!t out of his family now he's managed to be perma-banned from an internet forum for not being able to act like a normal, civilised person.

stayer can have a party with him and bring the booze.

that was disgraceful, last night.

Angry 
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2022 at 11:24am
Originally posted by Hello Sunshine Hello Sunshine wrote:

it's time personal abuse stopped.

Dead
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2022 at 11:53am
OK the personal abuse absolutely stops now.

Any more will result in members joining stayer on a break.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2022 at 12:07pm
Oh, I didn't even realise he'd got the boot.

Should've "ducked out" LOL

Passed the peak they're saying this morning?
Time is a flat circle
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2022 at 12:26pm
I'm not sure why personal abuse comes into someone protecting themselves and others by having the jab or wearing a mask.  It's like the add for an interview of someone pro trump earlier in the year that had her leaving the interview declaring we weren't free in Australia.

I guess until someone you loves has bad covid or lingering side effects you don't think twice about it.  I don't want it again.  Chances are I would develop long covid it lasted long enough as it was.  So I'll take the jab and the mask and anything else that might stop that happening.

I pointed out before but the post disappeared.  A partner of my nephew (early 30's) is a teacher and had covid a second time (worst than the first time) now has high blood pressure. 

For anyone in the firing line from hospital staff, teachers, doctors officers, hospitality staff, tour guides.  Masks are the only thing they have to help keep them away from being sick again.  Don't we want to keep everything open.  My doctors (skin cancer check up) were down three staff off with covid and the two on were looking a tad over run.  

Look at the cancelled planes which most of the time is lack of staff (off sick with either flu or covid).  Yet the irish guy wants masks off in planes.  Less planes in the air if that happens.

And finally think back to Sweden going gang busters early on to get herd immunity.  It didn't work they had one of the highest death rates.  Ask yourselves why China (where this all started) are so keen to keep it at bay.  They are cutting their own throats shutting down all the time, but they think is will be worst if it gets out and into the community big time.

Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2022 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by Hello Sunshine Hello Sunshine wrote:

Well I've never managed to get myself even suspended from any internet forum so despite your opinion, it shows I must do something right Thumbs Up
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2022 at 1:35pm
 Furious...continue to put up sane posts.  Heart

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2022 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

perhaps we now might have some good-humoured arguments, with a few abusive narks/drunks gone.

no-one...repeat...no-one...should have to deal with the rubbish I copped, last night.

this forum has been allowed to degenerate from one of the best I've been on, to troll town.

would be nice to see it return to its former status.

having a dig at someone, is fine. But personal attacks...accusing someone of a very serious offence, is opening this forum up to legal action.

and sending disgraceful private messages is just asking to be reported.

AngryAngryAngry 
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2022 at 1:48pm
  I'll definitely be number one on the hit-list when both he and oneone return.

Hug

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2022 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

I doubt it. Just more spin.

Cry
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2022 at 2:00pm
I remember the first 6 peaks we passed.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2022 at 4:55pm
just in case anyone thinks it's magically disappeared...

New South Wales

There have been 47 deaths reported in the state in the past 24 hours.

There are 2,289 people in hospital with COVID-19, and 76 patients in intensive care.

New South Wales recorded 10,702 new cases.

Unhappy
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2022 at 5:07pm
 96 deadths today, 656 for last 7 days.
lulu View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2022 at 5:56pm
Gee those vaccinations are really doing the job. 
You're either Einstein or Frankenstein in this game.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2022 at 6:09pm
But for the vaccinations the number of infections, deaths and hospitalizations would clearly be incrementally higher.

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2022 at 6:11pm
https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/united-states-rates-of-covid-19-deaths-by-vaccination-status?country=~All+ages

Check out the graph.Wink
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2022 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by lulu lulu wrote:

Gee those vaccinations are really doing the job. 

an uneducated comment...

see Tlaz's graph...

Angry
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2022 at 7:23pm
Due to the spread of the Omicron variants epidemiologists world-wide are strongly recommending the continued use of face masks in public areas.  And couldn't agree more after contracting COVID on a crowded 2-hour train trip where only about 20% of travelers were wearing masks.  Angry  

But are these recommendations simply a cover up?  Shocked
lulu View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2022 at 10:24am
Or. Because of the non vaccinating vaccinations. The infection rate is massively higher. The penny may drop one day, but ?
You're either Einstein or Frankenstein in this game.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2022 at 12:12pm
40% of people in ICU are unvaccinated, yet they are only 4% of the population.

So all the clever idiots who are anti vax, are 10 times more likely to get very ill.
So clever……
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 817818819820821 838>