Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Coronavirus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 810811812813814 838>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2022 at 2:18pm
Get well SC and hope it is mild
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2022 at 3:36pm
B O L  SC.  We have had our 4th vax now , so just hope it helps.  Hope yours is a mild dose like ours was when we got it.
animals before people.
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2022 at 5:13pm
hope you get the easy one SC.
 I don't know how I've managed to avoid it. Close contacts everywhere!
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2022 at 7:06pm
Stay mild SC.  Hope the other half is that way also.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2022 at 7:07pm
 Brad 'Health' Hazzard made an appearance today to inform that 1000 people a month are still dying from covid. Also, those over 60 have a twenty times more chance of dying from it.

And yet, people are becoming blase about it. Not just with masks. No-one sterilises hands or distances anymore.   

No wonder there is a new wave.

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2022 at 7:20pm
Particularly as the current strains are more infectious than the earlier ones
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2022 at 6:19pm
Hope things are ok Second Chance

This is slightly delicate - so I hope you take it the right way. I just think you should have a plan in place to substitute another TBV member for your luncheon with Bob in case....you know....things don't....you know....work out as you would like . I know your a forward thinker.

Not that Bob & myself have spent much time discussing it.....however 1pm Sunday 31st July suits both of us. Bob has agreed to picking up the entire bill with the exception of the desert & tip. If you can just pass on your Credit Card details I'll take the rest of it from there.

The least i can do - cheers Thumbs Up
Refer ALP Election Promises
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2022 at 6:23pm
Desert?
You must mean port!
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2022 at 6:34pm
Am sure Bob and I will have a great lunch, however it's been delayed due to my COVID and Bob's impending surgical procedure*.

* they'll be using a trepan (or is it a scalpel) in an attempt to remove the fused lock on his wallet.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 10:34am
Covid back in the house and I wouldn't trust any rats if I were you.  Daughter came home on Wednesday feeling horrid so took yesterday off.  She took a rat - negative - but progressively got worst so dragged herself off for a proper test later in the day.  Sure enough positive.  Hope I don't get this one she doesn't sound well at all.  This one is full on in her chest.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2022 at 8:00pm
The period of time in which a COVID-positive person is considered immune after infection may be slashed from 12 weeks to 28 days following a recommendation by Australia's top public health officers.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-07-11/sa-immune-period-for-covid-positive-cases-reduced-from-12-weeks-/101226156

Get out there and party hard in your short window of opportunity. You've earned it.Dead
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2022 at 8:24pm
 My half-sister has just rung to say she has it. She's in her late seventies. Still smokes. Sounds awful on the phone. 

She does meals-on-wheels. Has been told not to come back to it for at least three weeks.  

The have reported thirty-thousand cases today.

About time mask mandates were brought back in.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2022 at 8:36pm
Did your dentist give you a reason for the implant failure and a reason why you should expect a better result next try?

Simon Cameron

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2022 at 9:05pm
 the inner screw fused to the implant and was unremovable. I have to wait until the gum heals, then they will take out the old implant and put in a new one.

meanwhile the are fashioning a temporary bridge, since it is  a front tooth.

I'd like to strangle that skier who caused all the damage. 

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2022 at 9:46am
Coral Princess the sister ship to the Ruby Princess arriving in Sydney tomorrow loaded with sick COVID passengers. Wonder if Perrottet will handle this better than Gladys did? Living with COVID and personal responsibility and off you go?
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2022 at 10:12am
 deja vu

everyone is just too complacent.

Geek 
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2022 at 10:13am
Yes they have to enforce the travel on transport with a mask rule.  This is everywhere and Daughter wasn't a mild case and for that matter other daughter about a month ago wasn't mild.  Son now isn't looking good either.  But when daughter gets well she's back out on tours and needs the rules of masks on the bus to be enforced by the government.  People just ignore her.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2022 at 10:18am
 I estimate only about 30% of people on trains to the city are wearing masks. I have an urge to stand up and bellow through my own mask "Can't you lot obey rules? The sign says ''masks mandatory.'"

once again, the selfishness of the arrogant put the lives of the vulnerable in danger. 

Angry
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2022 at 10:24am
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2022 at 10:44am
dead set, who in their right mind would go on a cruise
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2022 at 11:04am
Must admit there are lots of sickly people around at the moment. 

Just got to get though winter without dying - things should improve then. Relatively speaking of course LOL
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2022 at 5:30pm
27th July 2020.  How good is the memory. A random day selected during our first major lookdown - around the time we were threatening people with being locked up if leaving their homes / local govt area.

https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/news/Pages/20200727_00.aspx

Compare to now LOL 

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2022 at 5:31pm
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2022 at 5:32pm
oops - something went wrong LOL

I'd be hiding it as well !
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2022 at 5:36pm
51 total confirmed Covid deaths - 3496 confirmed cases

2 years later & we get that many before breakfast every day LOL
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2022 at 5:44pm
Today my sister & brother-in-law have Covid. My nephew & his partner (in a Philippines hospital - work trip) has Covid. Our only grandchild turning one this week has Covid

Her planned first birthday party is on hold.

Everyone except the little one has had at least 3 shots - 2 have had all 4

They all feel crook

We really haven't achieved all that much have we ? I mean all those experts / all that loot / all that jibber jabber from Dan & Gladys ;

Makes you wonder !
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2022 at 5:46pm
& PT may have the answer - 2 masks surgically attached to all our faces LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2022 at 5:59pm
I still don't understand how Spanish flu ended.Confused ok here is the usual explanation.

"Over time, those who contracted the virus developed an immunity to the novel strand of influenza, and life returned to normal by the early 1920s, according to historians and medical experts. Reports at the time suggest the virus became less lethal as the pandemic carried on in waves."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/history/2020/09/01/1918-flu-pandemic-end/

"So why aren't people getting an immunity that lasts more than a few months or less?
The virus responsible for the 1918 influenza pandemic still circulates today. But it was much deadlier then, mainly because humans today are descended from people who survived the infection more than a hundred years ago and so they've inherited some form of genetic immunity, Calvignac-Spencer said."

https://www.livescience.com/1918-flu-variant-deadlier-later-waves-lung-tissue.html

So we're doomed but our descendants will be immune?

Simon Cameron

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2022 at 6:10pm
You've got to stop being a negative nancy Tlaz. LOL

It could have been a lot, lot worse.

We could have buggered the economy  for the next 20 years for nothing , & had thousands of people dying a day, & a hospital system struggling i's arse off , & businesses unable to service customers............

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2022 at 7:04pm
3-4 vaccines and a high quality N-95, KN-95 or P-2 mask and you will be fine oneone.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 810811812813814 838>