Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Coronavirus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 679680681682683 838>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 4:49pm
NO Afros ...    I just thought common sense had the whole world aware that cancers are more likely treatable , with early diagnosis .

That's why I suggested that more attention in those more serious areas would be better spent than on this costly over reach in Australia , about covid.

You do realise we are more likely to die from Cancer than Covid . I hope.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 4:57pm
To add to the odd fears on covid in Australia .

I do believe Australia has the Highest Cancer numbers in the world Per Head of population .   The lowest from Covid .

Doesn't that suggest we need to concentrate on more than covid as our biggest Health problem.

stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

<h1>expert reaction to Today Programme Interview with Pascal Soriot and
comments made about T-cell immunity generated from the
Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine compared to mRNA vaccines and the impact on
risk of hospitalisation        </h1>

Did my head in reading all that. Can't help thinking they're STILL making things up as they go. The mRNA vaccines were always likely to need boosting, tweaking etc. I won't be getting any more shots after the first couple. Would rather my body just deal with the pesky virus.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 5:43pm
Hard to accept the confidence placed in these vaccines .

The tens of thousands lining up for side effect compensaton is either , a reason to have doubts ,   or some massive fraud taking place .
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 6:21pm
The faith in vaccines reminds me of old ladies at church rubbing statues etc, macca. Crazy stuff. Vaccines can only do so much, and in the end it's just chemistry and biology playing games in the cells. Humans do their best to keep up, but it's all guesswork and experimentation in the end.
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 6:47pm
I feel like the vaccine is doing a pretty good job of preventing death. Just from what I'm seeing around the traps
Time is a flat circle
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 7:27pm
Yes, TJ. But one day in 20 years or so we'll look back and understand what was really going on with the origins of the virus, the behaviour of the virus, the endless revisons of health/ science understanding/ advice, the government responses, the reasons for resistance against coercion etc etc. Sharona has certainly caused some waves in history, and highlighted a few things.
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 7:35pm
how many vaccinated people die from covid compared to unvaccinated? i think the difference is stark
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

NO Afros ...    I just thought common sense had the whole world aware that cancers are more likely treatable , with early diagnosis .

That's why I suggested that more attention in those more serious areas would be better spent than on this costly over reach in Australia , about covid.

You do realise we are more likely to die from Cancer than Covid . I hope.

Well you can't control the spread of cancer by the same methods you can this virus, so while what your saying is true, it isn't really comparing apples with apples.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 7:51pm
Yes it seems that the vaccines are helping the body prepare for a big surprise that causes malfunctions and possible death. The mortality rate was always low, don't forget, even when it was wiping us off the planet supposedly. Not saying that corona hasn't caused a hell of a lot of sorrow in the world but I can't help but think the whole thing hasn't been the black plague or even a french revolution, in context.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 8:02pm
I wonder what the numbers would've been if they had a vaccine back in the 1300s?
Time is a flat circle
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 8:12pm
And general medical facilities
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 8:21pm
People in the 1300s were lucky to live long enough to die of a virus. Death was a part of life back then. Skulls in the corners or paintings etc. We could learn a bit from our grandparents. Modern medicine has made death seem like some kind of thing we can keep putting out of our minds.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 8:21pm
Ocean inhabitants are doing great and they have neither.     . Mother Nature is their source of medical needs.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 9:20pm
Thanks aquaman
Time is a flat circle
Hello Sunshine View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hello Sunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 9:30pm
A young work colleague has been told by her boyfriends mother she will be infertile,, having had the vaccine.

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 9:40pm
Tell her to get a different injection.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

Thanks aquaman

Don't be such a dick, TJ. Macca has been consistent through the whole corona thing. He's seen more and dealt with sick people more than most know-alls on this forum.
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by Hello Sunshine Hello Sunshine wrote:

A young work colleague has been told by her boyfriends mother she will be infertile,, having had the vaccine.

Science……
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 10:39pm
All the different theories fascinate me.   How do people dream some of this stuff up ??

animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 12:23am
Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

Thanks aquaman

Don't be such a dick, TJ. Macca has been consistent through the whole corona thing. He's seen more and dealt with sick people more than most know-alls on this forum.

He'd blow his top if someone went overseas talking about corona and I'm being a dick when cracking a joke about him talking about fish? LOL Yeah ok. 
Time is a flat circle
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 6:54am
Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

Thanks aquaman

This is a comedy bit right? It simply has to be! ConfusedLOL
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 7:32am
Horlicks .... Do you think Exceed and Excel is causing trouble again .

Or is he free to Roam and create his usual Disruptions./Problems.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 8:06am

You’ll have to try better than that. If I start abusing people like you do or abusing the moderators like Shrunk apparently did you may have a case. Until then my suggestion would be to focus on what you’re good at - providing us with laugh after laugh at your expense.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 8:23am
So Shrunk has been suspended. Deary me  - thought the place had tilted to the left the past few days. How long has he been given ? - no Suspension Thread Update that i can see. Whatever the time he should get at least a 50% reduction for being a good bloke !
Refer ALP Election Promises
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 8:29am
No it is not in SUSPENDEES, I think horlicks posted about it in Biden I think. 

I just had a glance and couldn't help but notice that prior to Shrunk, the previous 4 suspended were Enable Me, maccamax, max manewer and stayer.

I am detecting a pattern.  
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 8:34am
Originally posted by Hello Sunshine Hello Sunshine wrote:

A young work colleague has been told by her boyfriends mother she will be infertile,, having had the vaccine.LOL

Yeah, right.Wacko
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 8:37am
How pathetic that people say this rubbish out loud.
Hard to believe they can function in society without supervision.

They’re obviously the poor souls that fall for all the scams from Indian call centres.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 8:43am
10 days Shrunk ...Oneone .... He must be due back.

That pattern Rusty is so obvious....
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 8:44am
BTW Rusty .... The Windscreen Moth should b e on holidays when Horlicks arrives..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 679680681682683 838>