Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Coronavirus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 654655656657658 838>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2021 at 5:27pm
 " Anything you can do , I can do better " Big smile
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2021 at 5:49pm
LOL
Time is a flat circle
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2021 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Bobby will get it.
PT, was the LGA of Hume named after that early Australian explorer Human Hovell ?Wink
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 6:35am
Very good Bob but spellcheck, only one L in hovel.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 8:07am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Very good Bob but spellcheck, only one L in hovel.

In 1824, Hamilton Hume and William Hovell led an expedition of discovery to find new grazing land for the colony, but a hovel is a small squalid or simply constructed dwelling.

PT, Hume and Hovell or human hovel......take your pick
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 8:13am
I got it the first time Bobby. Wink
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 8:20am
When I was young I belonged to the west ryde musical society.  I grew up at Pennant Hills so was a bit up the road.  I didn't stay more than one musical as found a closer one at North Rocks.  But while at the Ryde one I was forever teased about living further away than where they went for holidays.  In other worlds on the wrong side of the tracks.

Now I live at the foot of the mountains across the river from Penrith.  The west gets the same treatment from anyone in the shires or Sydney or even my old home district.  We don't deserve to be looked down upon.  My daughter went to Sydney University and suffered from the usual teasing about being a westie.  She mostly got distinctions so didn't mean much except they could feel superior.

People are people were ever we live or come from.  Sly digs hurt or eventually weigh people down into believing they are worthless.  So think again BB.  Someone living in Hume might one day say Australia from another world wide pestilence.  It's looked upon as funny or a bit of harmless fun.  Most times it's not.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 8:28am
Somebody should post Pru Goward's AFR article on the hopeless 'proles' here. 
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 8:41am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Somebody should post Pru Goward's AFR article on the hopeless 'proles' here. 
Tlaz, surely got enough on that article in last night's Media Watch that you do not need it posted on TBV.LOL
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 12:56pm
New study in Spain, very good news.

Below is a recent press release from the Orthomolecular Medicine News Service on October 17, 2021.
700,000 Covid-19 Deaths: Time for a Change in Treatment Strategy
Commentary by Dwight K. Kalita, Ph.D.

OMNS (Oct. 17, 2021) Tragically, there have been over 700,000 Covid-19 deaths in the United States. Perhaps it is time to consider that in addition to drug therapies, physicians in the United States might also want to use treatments that are based on optimum nutritional support for their patients. For example, in Spain, physicians are treating their Covid-19 patients with high doses of vitamin D, and they have discovered some amazing results. A 76-patient 2020 study in October 2020 discovered that of 50 hospitalized COVID-19 patients who were given oral calcifediol: (0.532 mg, ~20,000 IU, on admission and 0.266 mg, ~10,000 IU, several days thereafter) of vitamin D, only one (2%) needed treatment in the intensive care unit and there were no deaths. In contrast, among the 26-remaining COVID-19 patients who were not given vitamin D, 13 (50%) needed to be treated in the intensive care unit and two died. [1]

Obviously, if vitamin D is given in an optimum dose as well as for an effective period of time, it has potent immune-boosting powers to potentially fight off severe viral respiratory symptoms and even death associated with Covid-19. If it is not given, the results are far more troubling and deadly.

It is important to understand that if you are deficient in vitamin D, that does impact your susceptibility to viral infections as well as your ability to fight them. In fact, a 2021 study of 65 Covid-19 patients compared to a control group concluded that "a vitamin D serum deficiency is associated with more severe lung involvement, longer disease duration and risk of death." [2]

Regrettably, measurable nutritional deficiencies do indeed exist in Covid-19 patients. For example, in a February, 2021 study of 227 patients who were hospitalized with Covid-19, 102 (45%) had catastrophically depleted vitamin D levels of 12 ng/mL or lower. [3] Vitamin D blood levels should range between 30-70 ng/mL. Some physicians believe that a level between 50-60 ng/mL is optimal. Hence, these 102 Covid-19 patients had extremely low, rickets-inducing vitamin D blood levels. In this same study, a whopping 213 (94%) of them had significantly depleted levels of vitamin D below 30 ng/mL. [3]

Unfortunately, about 42% of the US population is vitamin D deficient. And 60% of nursing home residents as well as 76% of African Americans are deficient in this essential immune-boosting nutrient. Needless to say, all physicians should be testing all of their Covid-19 patients for this particular nutrient deficiency. And if their Covid-19 patients are vitamin D deficient, they should be treating them accordingly. Based on the previously mentioned statistics, to do otherwise would be negligent.

In his book Biochemical Individuality, Roger Williams, Ph.D. explains that we all have unique nutritional requirements. [4] In order for everyone to maintain an optimum blood level of vitamin D, professional testing and additional supplements might be advised. As a nutrition / medical writer for over 40 years, I have learned that many people, including some doctors, are unaware of the important and life-saving link between vitamin D and our susceptibility to viral infections as well as our ability to fight them. Accordingly, it is time for all physicians to realize the very powerful treatment benefits of this essential, often deficient, relatively inexpensive, readily available, and immune-boosting nutrient which Mother Nature has given to us.

(Dwight Kalita, Ph.D., is co-editor of A Physician's Handbook on Orthomolecular Medicine, in collaboration with Drs. Roger Williams and Linus Pauling.)

References
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 1:27pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 1:28pm
In collaboration with someone who died in 1994. 

Simon Cameron

stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 1:36pm
Hmm, actually yeah the article writer might be a bit kooky:
https://books.google.com/books/about/Magnet_Therapy_Second_Edition.html?id=npERQgAACAAJ

But the studies/ stats are worth investigating. Not the first time the importance of Vit D levels to Covid has been emphasised. Any and all measures should be seen as good news, on top of continuing to work on the best vaccines.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

In collaboration with someone who died in 1994. 

So are you dismissing the articles findings based on that?
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 3:49pm
Lets not forget the wheel.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 4:12pm
Linus Pauling was a brilliant scientist and renowned Vitamin C quack.

Simon Cameron

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 4:17pm
Interesting and I support checking your vitamin needs by blood works.

Not to forget the mant times some Medical Clown has made a name for themselves with wild claims about the cure all by massive Vitamin dosed ... Vit C was huge claim a few years ago .. I also recall Vit E .. B6 ...

Not hard to get some pathology done and avoid pxssing a fortune down the drain.

Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 7:56pm
Hey Macca, can you hear the cheering? The Police officers have won a stay with their application re no jab no job....it now goes to a full hearing in DEC........by then we will all know what will have happened won't we.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 8:15pm
Same thing's happening around the world.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 8:31pm
Well , let's hope he doesn't get a call out to a house full of anti- vaxxes in an all in brawl , a gun or taser won't stop the virus , but the jab X 2 might .Ouch
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Well , let's hope he doesn't get a call out to a house full of anti- vaxxes in an all in brawl , a gun or taser won't stop the virus , but the jab X 2 might .Ouch

It might, but it might not......anyone can catch this, vaxed or not.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

That's a crazy way of thinking. The vaccines probably help reduce the severity of symptoms - THAT'S ALL! The unvaccinated aren't lepers, and the vaccines aren't magic.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 8:45pm
Stayer , put me down as crazy ! Smile
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 8:48pm
I wouldn't do that, Carioca. But it's a crazy way of thinking. Ask a doctor!!
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 8:50pm
What should I ask him about ? my mental being . LOLLOL
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 8:53pm
They can't cope with checking everyone , everywhere.    

Common sense has to tell you that .   AND also , Business Houses who turn customers away , >>>>      ARE YOU KIDDING ME >

All That BS will be gone in days.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 8:54pm
About the vaccines' effectiveness. You could ask him about your secondary issue too, but make sure you mention PT, and he'll have you sorted in no time.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

They can't cope with checking everyone , everywhere.    

Common sense has to tell you that .   AND also , Business Houses who turn customers away , >>>>      ARE YOU KIDDING ME >

All That BS will be gone in days.

Yes but common sense went out the window 2 years ago in Vic, Macca. I thought the sick system we've been living under might last a bit longer. I hope it doesn't... after the Christmas retail period and a couple of sports events...
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 8:57pm
PT has done More Jabbing than Harvey Weinstein , or so he claims .

Get em down Mary or you don't have a job.    
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 9:05pm
I have a rough idea of the efficacy of my X 2 AZ jabs mate , a booster in the coming months is well in hand , my secondary issue is just that , Secondry Wink I live my life around it , I worked with it in 50 degree heat pouring gold bars , I'm good Stayer , peaceful and happy and my pathology readings are excellent , I said before the vaccine is not a cure but if I cop it I feel confident I can ride it out , cheers .Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 654655656657658 838>