Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Coronavirus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 584585586587588 838>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 1:30pm
Doesn't matter how many ICU doctors and nurses I see saying that flu and Covid-19 are not even close ... I know better.Wink
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 1:32pm
NSW cases showing positive signs or too early to tell? That sharp upward trajectory has certainly slowed. Unfortunately I think deaths will be going the other way.
Time is a flat circle
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 1:33pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 1:34pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 1:39pm
Where did that 4000 number come from?
Time is a flat circle
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 1:46pm
Hi TJ, refer to a link I posted earlier, there are the stats for the years back to 2009.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 1:47pm
The Doherty Institute modelling, which forms the basis of national cabinet’s four-stage reopening plan, suggests that if Australia opens up at 80% with partial public health measures such as contact tracing and quarantine, there would be 761 deaths nationally over first six months after reopening, compared to 1,457 deaths at 70%.
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 1:48pm

Probably a number of flu cases but labeled as Covid 19 Wink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 1:51pm
We didn't have COVID in 2019, the Chinese hadn't ''invented'' it yet. 
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Doesn't matter how many ICU doctors and nurses I see saying that flu and Covid-19 are not even close ... I know better.Wink

Clap

it's quite amazing how unqualified people always know better.

This virus would have trumped any flu season, had it been allowed to run amok. As has been demonstrated overseas.

We used to look askance at Asian countries whose residents walked around with masks on, thinking they were being overly cautious. Now, we know that in any season of potentially serious transmission of viruses, that we all should be doing it. Hence the reduction in flu cases and deaths.

Geek 
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

Originally posted by Redemption Redemption wrote:

Vaccines are safe and effective.
mRNA, invented by the brilliant Christian lady, Katalin Kariko.
When you take it, you have the magnificence of a Hungarian inventor inside you.

Saving billions of peoples lives.

Be sure to get your 2 shots. And a booster if required.

WinkThumbs Up

Just got my first one yesterday thanks Red Thumbs Up. Second booked for 29th October. Strange thing happened though, there was this dude in a black suit following me around the supermarket afterwards with what looked like a barcode scanner. Very odd and I'm almost certain I heard a 'beep' as he passed me.
Creeping Jesus maybe Ouch
Refer ALP Election Promises
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 1:58pm
If it were 4,000 and it is now zero, that would just confirm how effective the old treatments of isolation/quarantine and masking were and would also bear out the federal govt claim that these actions saved 30,000 COVID deaths as well as stopping the flu.

Watch out next year though when there are no public health orders forcing compliance. Expect a flu explosion.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 1:58pm
Doesn't matter who's right or wrong . We have debated and saw the brains of medicine really divided , so what hope we mere mortals .

HISTORY SAYS another 12 months of sliding reductions and Santa will bring us another strain , or The Spanish Flu. Read the following , without bias.. Because Covid will do the same .
--------------
An unthinkable 50 to 100 million people worldwide died from the 1918-1919 flu pandemic commonly known as the “Spanish Flu.” It was the deadliest global pandemic since the Black Death, In the United States, the 1918 flu pandemic lowered the average life expectancy by 12 years.

What’s even more remarkable about the 1918 flu, say infectious disease experts, is that it never really went away. After infecting an estimated 500 million people worldwide in 1918 and 1919 (a third of the global population), the H1N1 strain that caused the Spanish flu receded into the background and stuck around as the regular seasonal flu. Is still killing more than covid in some areas.
But every so often, direct descendants of the 1918 flu combined with bird flu or swine flu to create powerful new pandemic strains, which is exactly what happened in 1957, 1968 and 2009. Those later flu outbreaks, all created in part by the 1918 virus, claimed millions of additional lives, earning the 1918 flu the odious title of “the mother of all pandemics.”
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 2:11pm
 Macca...I think your death rates are out of date.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 2:15pm
We haven't finished counting with this one yet and with places like India and Africa estimated to be undercounted by up to ten times, this should climb up the ladder a bit.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by GAJ GAJ wrote:

Hi TJ, refer to a link I posted earlier, there are the stats for the years back to 2009.

The number of deaths is a lot different to what the department of health reports for the year.

The number of deaths reported in notified cases of laboratory-confirmed influenza to the NNDSS in 2019
(n=953) was considerably higher than the 5 year average (403.8), but 19% lower than the number of
deaths reported in 2017 (n=1,183).

• The ratio of deaths to all notified cases in 2019 (1 death per 328 notifications) was higher than the 5 year historic range (range: 1 death per 451 notifications in 2015 to 1 death per 391 notifications in 2018) covid is 1 death per 70 notifications

• Deaths reported in notified cases to the NNDSS have largely been in older adults. The median age of
deaths reported in notified cases was 86 years (range: 1 to 106 years), with 87% of deaths reported in
people aged 65 years and older.

I see in the link you posted that the death number includes influenza and pneumonia in the one number. 

I'd need to look into it more as to the reasoning of both sides including/not including pneumonia.
Time is a flat circle
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

Macca...I think your death rates are out of date.

Yes JJ... I've been busy ...    Miles out and I will get the updated soon.

On a quick look the overall picture is sad of course but on the blunt numbers ....     GET BACK TO WORK ....
I have fears ... Qld must get it and I'm around Hospital areas and Nurses ... at home too. at 87 , I would be 4/6 with Tom.    I'm not really laughing JJ . I'm bluddy sore.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

We haven't finished counting with this one yet and with places like India and Africa estimated to be undercounted by up to ten times, this should climb up the ladder a bit.

I'll get to PM you , eventually re the ills.
2 billion in the world in 1918=      8 billion now .
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 2:45pm
I hope you do maxie.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 5:09pm
 is this in the wrong thread?

Sure was JJ, thanks Thumbs Up

Edited by Gay3 - 15 Sep 2021 at 5:41pm
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 5:16pm
The figures for the over 70's do not look good .

Few infected by comparison but the losses are there ... 5402 infected ,
845 deaths which equates to 15 .6 % died . About 1 in 6. over 70

The highest infected age group is the 20 to 30 group . Where near 17000 positives saw 5 die 0r 0.2 %   of that group.

Hardly reason to lock them up.
Isolate everyone over 70 and send the rest on their way.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 5:28pm
Put everyone over 70 on an island somewhere and let them fend for themselves.Tongue

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 6:35pm
Is Betadine about to become the new Ivermectin?
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 6:42pm
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 6:42pm
Hopefully no-one will bet a dime on that.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 6:45pm

Put everyone over 70 on an island somewhere and let them fend for themselves.Tongue

Thanks for those words of kindness.   I dont like islands.
animals before people.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 6:50pm
You have it the wrong way round Tlaz! The unders can work on the 'survival of the fittest' or 'natural selection' theories LOL Overs have already passed the tests Wink
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 6:59pm

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 7:03pm
Tucker covers the big issues.

Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 7:46pm

Could he have been impotent before the vaccine and after the vaccine his testicles swelled, and they then put his impotency down to the vaccine ?
Was his impotency determined by a sperm count or ED ?
ED may have upset his future bride and might been her reason to call off the wedding  but a low sperm count is not a good enough reason to call off a wedding, had she never heard of IVF ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 584585586587588 838>