Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Coronavirus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 483484485486487 838>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 3:02pm
lol Fear and Hysteria have gripped the populations and while not ignoring this strain , It is costing us dearly for trying to take Mother Natures Job away from her.    The battle fields of survival in the human body are on duty at all times and with the population figures to guide us , our immune systems do such a great job .
Covid 19 will be another to fail in it's takeover bid .
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 3:39pm

The Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) has confirmed two Australians have died this week from thrombosis with thrombocytopenia syndrome – or TTS – after receiving a first dose of the AstraZeneca vaccine.

One was a 44-year-old man in Tasmania and the other was a 48-year-old woman in Victoria.

Both cases had confirmed to have TTS after the first dose of AstraZeneca.

Time is a flat circle
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 4:23pm
Those deaths need to be put into perspective, 22 people have died in house fires this year in Victoria.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 4:28pm
Nearly all the ones I've seen on ventilators here and in US, UK are fatties. Even the kids. And I say nearly only to cover for my memory fail.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Nearly all the ones I've seen on ventilators here and in US, UK are fatties. Even the kids. And I say nearly only to cover for my memory fail.
I do crosswords each day, and one clue that regularly comes up is " the term for an overweight person", the answer is always "obese ",  in the future that clue might be " what class of people are more likely to die of COVID " .
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 4:40pm
Notice Palaszczuk calls it the Sydney, Delta variant at every opportunity.LOL

Simon Cameron

stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 4:46pm
God how pathetic
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 4:51pm
She is embarrassing on almost every level. Amazing to the think that the Steven Bradbury of politics will end up a 10+ year premier.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 4:56pm
Maybe - however if the pandemic suddenly ended today she would be a mile in front of the other 2 eastern state leaders.
Refer ALP Election Promises
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 4:56pm

Here’s the thing about the construction industry: Stuff that can’t be built over the next couple of weeks or so will still be built.

Jobs delayed aren’t jobs disappeared.

The same can’t be said about the offices and homes not cleaned, the concerts not played, the hotel room beds not turned down, the university students not enrolled, the conferences not held, the exhibitions not staged, the catering for parties not celebrated, the ski accommodation not occupied, the plays not performed, the restaurants diners not seated.

For a tough industry, there seem to be plenty of cry babies in construction.

This is an industry that is suffering a relative hiccup in the middle of an absolute boom.

A couple of weeks’ solid downpour can bring sites to a standstill without headlines threatening economic Armageddon.

The industry closes down for a month every Christmas yet the sun also rises.

You can tell the industry with the most political mates by the attention it’s receiving. From the CFMEU on one wing to the developers on the other, the spectrum for political access is pretty well covered.

https://thenewdaily.com.au/finance/2021/07/21/michael-pascoe-construction/

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 5:01pm

Of course she would. All these people do is play politics. Remember when it was the "Victorian virus"?
Time is a flat circle
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 5:02pm
Yes - what's with all the emphasis on locking down Construction. They have had a pretty well trouble free run up until know. Compared to Retail & Tourism sectors who both have copped it the clacker from Covid Day 1. Can only be the pressure from the big Unions i presume
Refer ALP Election Promises
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 5:05pm
I think even during our curfew phase down here construction continued, albeit with restrictions
Time is a flat circle
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Maybe - however if the pandemic suddenly ended today she would be a mile in front of the other 2 eastern state leaders.

She is merely lucky that her state didn't have to carry the load NSW has, in regards to returning citizens and quarantining.

Also, she doesn't have the density of population in one giant area, like Sydney...

Give credit where it's due. 

Gladys still has the hardest job, surrounded by faulty health 'experts' and trying to juggle her love-life, as well...

Clap 

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 5:40pm
Coogee, an hour ago...every man, woman, dog and baby was out walking...including us.  
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 5:41pm
 I will add that it the first exercise I've had in two weeks, so I do not feel one iota, guilty...

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 5:43pm
Beautiful looking day
Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 5:44pm
If a person in Melbourne was like any in that photo, the cops would fine them. 
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

Of course she would. All these people do is play politics. Remember when it was the "Victorian virus"?

I don't. When was that?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 7:34pm
Last year during the big vic mess
Time is a flat circle
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 7:40pm
When/ where? I just don't remember ever hearing the term "Victorian virus." Maybe in pubs in NSW?
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 7:54pm
What a well spoken dressmaker this bloke is, apparently knowing better than does ATAGI:

PM ‘completely respects’ expert group on vaccines, while challenging advice

By Katina Curtis

Yesterday, Prime Minister Scott Morrison said he was making “constant appeals” to the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation (ATAGI), the expert advisory group on vaccines, regarding its advice that Pfizer should be the preferred vaccine for under-60s.

Today, he says he “completely respects” ATAGI’s advice although he does challenge it.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

When/ where? I just don't remember ever hearing the term "Victorian virus." Maybe in pubs in NSW?

My apologies, it wasn't 'Victorian Virus'. It was 'Victorian Wave' Embarrassed

Scott Morrison, made pointed comments about the outbreak, saying what is occurring is not a “second wave” but a “Victorian wave” that is impacting the national economy.

“It is clear that the Victorian wave that Australians are now experiencing – that’s how I honestly have to describe it, there’s not a second wave that’s going across the rest of the country, that is not occurring. There is a significant Victorian wave, but that Victorian wave is impacting the national economy more broadly.”

It's just how it is honestly. Same as he wouldn't call it a NSW/Sydney wave. Just like Anna wouldn't call it a Vic wave or a WA wave. Just depends what side of the fence they're on.

Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 8:17pm
Just saw Cruella say there were 8250 Pfizer vaccinations, 50 AZ, at the Homebush immunization hub on Tuesday.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

Just listening to the vic presser now. I live with someone who works in aged care. Does that mean i now have priority access to pfizer? Did I hear that right?

It's the 11m10s - 11m30s part. I'm still not 100% sure as the aged care part is like a + at the end

Time is a flat circle
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 8:58pm
Melbourne, inside info

Melbourne going into its worst lockdown ever, Friday
ADF Soldiers ready to patrol

ALL my posts are written as Sci-Fi, no different to an Orson Welles and should not be taken literally. Sci-fi is a genre of Fiction.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by Redemption Redemption wrote:

Melbourne, inside info

Melbourne going into its worst lockdown ever, Friday
ADF Soldiers ready to patrol

Tomorrow? Ok.
Time is a flat circle
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

What is an acceptable number to let die from this?

Did you really ask that question PT.

Your Vaccines are showing side effects .

He keeps changing his mind defending on the political slant he interprets 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

She is embarrassing on almost every level. Amazing to the think that the Steven Bradbury of politics will end up a 10+ year premier.

Yep
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Agree but good luck finding a bananabender who will admit to voting for herLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 483484485486487 838>