Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Coronavirus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 416417418419420 838>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2021 at 8:21pm
Surprised there’s been no mention of it here already but just a heads up for my fellow 50 to 60 yo group.
They’ve now decided it’s too dangerous for us to take the Astra vaccine and it’s only for the 60+ mob
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2021 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Which is where the Federal Govt stuffed up...yet again.  Too little and too late purchase of a vaccine per se, pathetically poor availability and roll-out, and in this particular case blinkered dependence on Astrazeneca.  Ouch

The latter as finally admitted by Minister Greg "by name nature" Hunt today.  Though in almost the same breath, availability of the alternate vaccines might be somewhat delayed (read because this Government failed to order such until far to late) 
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2021 at 8:28pm
...too late.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2021 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

Surprised there’s been no mention of it here already but just a heads up for my fellow 50 to 60 yo group.
They’ve now decided it’s too dangerous for us to take the Astra vaccine and it’s only for the 60+ mob

yet, they are still reporting blood clots in 80yr olds...

they are just plain incompetent...

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2021 at 9:43pm
Not sure about incompetence but It’s hard to disagree.  it’s certainly clear that it’s all an experiment. The CMO admitted that tonight on the Project 
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 12:32am
animals before people.
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 1:14am
Can get fined for spitting in Singapore. I'm pretty sure it's also illegal to sell gum
Time is a flat circle
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 12:03pm
 or for dropping rubbish on the street...

cleanest city in the world.

A shame we don't follow suit.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 12:37pm
Yes, it is a shame we dont follow suit . Slap a few of these spreaders.  Make others think twice.
animals before people.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 12:40pm
Penalty for first time offence of littering - 12 hours in the stocks at Bunnings. Rotten tomatoes provided.

Second offence - public hanging.Tongue
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 4:51pm
QLD Police with some actual balls.

Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 5:55pm
Whats a PIN  ?   Lets hope they enforce the fine.  And lets hope they come down heavy on the limo driver in Sydney, driving international crews around and not vaccinated,,,just off fanning around between shifts spreading it everywhere.
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 6:42pm
PIN is a prescribed infringement notice
Time is a flat circle
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 7:32pm
Heard an old bloke DJ on a community radio station on the drive to work this morning with the complete opposite POV. Was mocking the fines and celebrating the fact that 75% of people fined have refused to pay up and that many had successfully gotten out of them. I can agree with both sides - major, totally selfish and deliberate breaches of rules should be hammered, but fines for things like not wearing a mask on a train, in a country virtually untouched by the virus, are a joke.
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 7:35pm
Dear Oxford AstraZeneca morons,

Can you PLEASE stop taking the f#cken shot, my friend is saving on average now 15 people per night, injured from it.
3 died last week, in her shift, in one hospital
Imagine the REAL total nationally?

The media is LYING. Its even worse than what they are saying, by an absolute mile

thank you

ps,  I warned you a year ago.

pps,  pfizer is going to be just as bad, give it 2 years. new warning.

the safest shot is sinopharm-verocell
ALL my posts are written as Sci-Fi, no different to an Orson Welles and should not be taken literally. Sci-fi is a genre of Fiction.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 7:52pm
People will be dropping like flies hit with the old pea Beau in 2 years time.
The TBV expert on all things told us it takes up to 10 years to have a safe trial and know the effectsTongue
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 7:55pm
Try again:
This works Wink & thanks stayer, very interesting read Thumbs Up

Edited by Gay3 - 18 Jun 2021 at 11:39pm
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 8:04pm

The TBV expert on all things told us it takes up to 10 years to have a safe trial and know the effectsTongue

Hope you manage to get a few holidays in before you “drop” Shrunk. You’re still getting it right? LOLLOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 8:54pm
Dear Yale Idiots,

My friend is f**king awesome and you aren't. They're doing big boy stuff you could only dream of.
Imagine what you don't know. Now double it.

ps, I was wicked a year ago

pps, I've always been wicked.

the safest shot is peach schnapps 
Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

Hope you manage to get a few holidays in before you “drop” Shrunk. You’re still getting it right? LOLLOL

I’ll take those little laugh icons as a sign of humour rather than a pathetic snipe unless you care to expand .Wink
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

Dear Yale Idiots,

My friend is f**king awesome and you aren't. They're doing big boy stuff you could only dream of.
Imagine what you don't know. Now double it.

ps, I was wicked a year ago

pps, I've always been wicked.

the safest shot is peach schnapps 

LOLClapClapClap
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2021 at 11:59am
 we skipped Bondi Junction and went home. The shopping centre is one big hot-spot.

Everyone who visited Westfield, last week, is now being asked to monitor for symptoms. Plus, the alternate shopping centre is also compromised. And a myriad of other venues in Waverley/ Randwick/ Newtown/ North Sydney etc. 

it's a debacle. One spreader potentially infecting the entire city...

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2021 at 12:40pm
Only 7k allowed at the footy last night in Geelong due to covid restrictions, distancing etc. Oddly though they were all squashed into the same area leaving most of the ground empty.

Just highlights the stupidity of some of these rules in place.

Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2021 at 12:45pm
One spreader who should not have been a spreader, if he had obeyed the rules and not been driving international crews around unvaccinated.
Thats the part that really annoys me.Angry
I was reading a report on it, and it said all these drivers are required to be vaccinated, and he worked for some private limo company hired to do this job of driving the internationals around, and part of the contract was the drivers all be vaccinated.
So none of this should be happening.
Wish our law enforcers would act like they do in Singapore.
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2021 at 12:48pm
LOL, TJ.  When we went to Mleb in March we had to wear masks in the airport.  I took mine down to speak properly to someone and they came straight over and made me put it back in place and mumble.  Both airports , coming and going, were the same.  But once we got on the plane we were packed in like sardines in a tin and no masks required by passengers or crew ???  Wacko What genius makes these rules ???Cry
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2021 at 12:49pm
Bugga,,,thats Melb !!! Embarrassed
animals before people.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2021 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

One spreader who should not have been a spreader, if he had obeyed the rules and not been driving international crews around unvaccinated.
Thats the part that really annoys me.Angry
I was reading a report on it, and it said all these drivers are required to be vaccinated, and he worked for some private limo company hired to do this job of driving the internationals around, and part of the contract was the drivers all be vaccinated.
So none of this should be happening.
Wish our law enforcers would act like they do in Singapore.

just because someone is vaccinated, doesn't mean they can't contract it or spread it.

The way the vax is (not) being done in a proper way, who is surprised?

The authorities stuffed up his testing, too...

Guess who I blame for this mess?

Wink

Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2021 at 3:21pm
Dear sheep,

We are witnessing global genocide

Warned you about AstraZeneca

Pfizer.
Where do the lipid nanoparticles collect?

ALL my posts are written as Sci-Fi, no different to an Orson Welles and should not be taken literally. Sci-fi is a genre of Fiction.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2021 at 3:25pm
I am not dead yet Red.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2021 at 3:48pm
Where are all of your doom and gloom graphs . Something slowed them up .

Herd Immunity kicking in .

No mention that the AZ vaccine has killed more people in Australia than the virus, in recent times.   
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 416417418419420 838>