Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Coronavirus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 413414415416417 838>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 9:00pm
Every year 30,000 Australians develop thrombosis. Blood clots are responsible for the top three cardiovascular killers: stroke, heart attack, and VTE. In Australia, there is one stroke every 10 minutes, and an average of 21 Australians die from a heart attack each day(4). Blood clots are responsible for an estimated 10% of all deaths in Australia, and yet up to 70% of these are preventable.

Many of the risk factors for thrombosis are preventable given sufficient awareness and healthcare priority. Therefore, it is a significant problem that many Australians underestimate the danger of blood clots.

Kills more than Corona Virus ..   
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 9:03pm
Click on "current information" in that article and read the bit above the conclusion in the summary. It specifically warns people to not take a second dose if they experience certain symptoms, and says that "investigation is ongoing" into side effects.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 9:09pm
The 2 month delay in Britain between doses has limited the full data.  
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

Click on "current information" in that article and read the bit above the conclusion in the summary. It specifically warns people to not take a second dose if they experience certain symptoms, and says that "investigation is ongoing" into side effects.

I shudder Stayer when I see so many pleased with themselves over having this Jab and nothing terrible has happened. >   watch their varicose veins and cardiac / Pulmonary reactions over time and we may get a more reliable update.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 9:13pm
  PT...it doesn't mean that people should disregard the risk...

it means that the government should ensure we are all getting the safest vaccination...

it's not brain surgery...

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

I shudder Stayer when I see so many pleased with themselves over having this Jab and nothing terrible has happened. >   watch their varicose veins and cardiac / Pulmonary reactions over time and we may get a more reliable update.

Yeah it's possible, that's for sure. People don't seem to care about exactly how these (rushed, "emergency") vaccines work on the body. Guinea pigs.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 9:24pm
As opposed the long term health consequences of having had the virus?
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

The 2 month delay in Britain between doses has limited the full data.  

Okey dokey, so in other words there is still no "full data", whatever "full data" means. When does the data become full?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 9:27pm
When everyone is vaccinated a second time
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 9:28pm

THAT at least seems to be true, from what I've read. Damage to lungs etc from the virus.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 9:29pm

When everyone is vaccinated a second time

And how long will it take after that for the data to become anywhere close to verifiable, let alone "full", whatever that means.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 9:33pm

THAT at least seems to be true, from what I've read. Damage to lungs etc from the virus.

my friend in Florida, Christy, lost her husband to the virus, last July. She got it too and nearly succumbed. Ended up on oxygen for ten moths and has only just resumed a 'normal' life, though still gets out of breath and needs to rest frequently...

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 9:35pm
Data is being constantly released as it comes out. The more that comes out the more accurate it becomes obviously. On the numbers of deaths and cases plummeting as numbers of people being vaccinated gets to 50% and more, the risk of death and serious infection vax or no vax makes vaccination a no brainer for me.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 9:40pm
Seasonal Flu does damage to peoples lungs .   Many suffer emphysema forever after . That will apply to this virus as well , no doubt.     How many people have died from covid in NSW . ?   Don't want to know about India thanks or the Chili racing area.
   Can't people see the stupid over reactions going on in Australia ... Live with it ,   You have no choice. The same as we have had NO choice about all the other strains that visit us regularly , especially in winter.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 9:40pm
12 weeks is too long. What's the increase in effectiveness between 8 and 12 weeks with AZ I wonder? Is there any increase?

"The study found vaccine efficacy reached 82.4% after a second dose in those with a dosing interval of 12 weeks or more (95% confidence interval 62.7% to 91.7%). If the two doses were given less than six weeks apart the efficacy was only 54.9% (CI 32.7% to 69.7%)."

An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 9:44pm

Data is being constantly released as it comes out. The more that comes out the more accurate it becomes obviously. On the numbers of deaths and cases plummeting as numbers of people being vaccinated gets to 50% and more, the risk of death and serious infection vax or no vax makes vaccination a no brainer for me.

Yes the vaccines are making the body react to the virus. That's about all we can say.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 9:45pm
According to Norm, AZ is believed to have a slow burn with effectiveness increasing as time passes. Britain weighed up their dire situation and determined they needed to hurry up the recommended 12 weeks reducing to 8. 
Something is working for them. 127,000 total deaths but down to 50 a week now.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 9:48pm

Seasonal Flu does damage to peoples lungs .   Many suffer emphysema forever after . That will apply to this virus as well , no doubt.     How many people have died from covid in NSW . ?   Don't want to know about India thanks or the Chili racing area.
   Can't people see the stupid over reactions going on in Australia ... Live with it ,   You have no choice. The same as we have had NO choice about all the other strains that visit us regularly , especially in winter.

How does a regular flu cause emphysema? Genuine question.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 9:48pm
In Britain on early data they are also finding giving AZ s first shot and Pfizer as second they are getting higher effectiveness than 2 x Pfizer.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 9:51pm
I though cold or flu aggravates emphysema, not causes it.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 9:57pm
That's what I meant, obviously. Why? How does that work?
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 9:59pm

How does a regular flu cause emphysema? Genuine question.

Any damage to the bronchial structures will cause diminished lung capacity.

(Respiratory infections may be responsible for up to 70% of the incidents of worsened (Obstructive airways disease). . Catching a cold with emphysema or chronic bronchitis may lead to bacterial infections such as pneumonia. This occurs because of the airway obstruction and the inability to cough up infected mucus ) .
   Many other causes like inhaling foriegn bodies .. Smokers , hair , Painters, asbestos. etc . Hypostatic Pneumonia's ( especially in the bed ridden or elderly )
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 10:05pm
2.22 billion vaccines now administered. If the vaxx is the problem we are all fecked together. LOL
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 10:10pm
I get that lots of things can damage the lungs, macca. I'm a smoker. Obviously anything that leads to bronchitis will have long term damage. I just want to know how much "normal" flus hit the lungs compared to this one?
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 11:54pm

I though cold or flu aggravates emphysema, not causes it.

Many things cause Emphysema and severe Pulmonary infections is one.
Severe streptococcus Pneumonia does serious damage to the lungs and of course , worse for people who already have damaged lungs ( like smokers)
Your drawing short straws with that statement.
Like saying 80% of diabetics die of Thrombosis ???    is it wise to have this suspect vaccine . ( me thinks NOT )   The virus isn't too bad for the under 70's groups.
   Infant deaths were very high from Pneumonia caused Emphysema prior to antibiotics.

( Emphysema is a lung condition that causes shortness of breath.
In people with emphysema, the air sacs in the lungs (alveoli) are damaged. Over time, the inner walls of the air sacs weaken and rupture — creating larger air spaces instead of many small ones. This reduces the surface area of the lungs and, in turn, the amount of oxygen that reaches your bloodstream.

When you exhale, the damaged alveoli don't work properly and old air becomes trapped, leaving no room for fresh, oxygen-rich air to enter.)
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 12:19am
Yes but why does corona affect the lungs more than other viruses/ causes?
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 12:36am
Who would know Stayer. It is a new strain . history says it is mostly mild so I doubt it is likely to be any different to previous outbreaks .
   The term Emphysems is a loose description of a condition that has many causes . ( I knew it as Bronchiectisus ) years ago. COPD the usual reference now .    In depth studies of Dyspnoea reveal many more causes than we could dream = including heart failures L&R ... lol Bit like a car with fuel line blockages or flow interference . ( i'm at my best when lying down and using less petrol ( few think about that when attending the aged )
Up at 7am shower , dressed and sitting up in a hard chair all day ... truly the worst torture one could imagine ... I'm happy , at the right temperature weather wise , at rest , smelling like a mountain goat, but not being tormented.
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 12:54am
I have just been advised, the only true safe vaccine, is Sinopharm/Verocell

Yes, this is from my best friend. She has been looking into it strongly

Please advise your friends that Sinopharm/Verocell, is what Australia needs.
It will make even people that refuse to be vaccinated, most likely choose to be vaccinated.
It is not an mRNA.

Its a real vaccine. Its very safe.

I am informing as many people as possible. Please do the same, so we can try get it to Australia.

ALL my posts are written as Sci-Fi, no different to an Orson Welles and should not be taken literally. Sci-fi is a genre of Fiction.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 1:51am

Who would know Stayer. It is a new strain . history says it is mostly mild so I doubt it is likely to be any different to previous outbreaks .
   The term Emphysems is a loose description of a condition that has many causes . ( I knew it as Bronchiectisus ) years ago. COPD the usual reference now .    In depth studies of Dyspnoea reveal many more causes than we could dream = including heart failures L&R ... lol Bit like a car with fuel line blockages or flow interference . ( i'm at my best when lying down and using less petrol ( few think about that when attending the aged )
Up at 7am shower , dressed and sitting up in a hard chair all day ... truly the worst torture one could imagine ... I'm happy , at the right temperature weather wise , at rest , smelling like a mountain goat, but not being tormented.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 9:59am
The virus enters through the respiratory system and the spikes attach themselves on the lung walls taking over those cells, kills them and sends out billions of tiny clots throughout the body. This is why so many organs are being affected. 

My mate has emphysema, years as a sparky breathing silica asbestos on top of smoking. He spent 3 months in hospital 2 years ago when he lost 60% use of one lung. The advice of his specialist was to get the vaccine early because COVID will likely kill him. He had his first A jab just after me about 6 weeks ago. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 413414415416417 838>