Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Coronavirus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 333334335336337 838>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 5:56pm

Hanks is used to bowing to the changed landscape. Back in March, while he was filming in Australia, he and his wife, Rita Wilson, became, he says, “the celebrity canaries in the coalmine of all things Covid-19”. They were among the earliest and certainly most famous people in the west to be diagnosed with the virus on March 10, and were hospitalized for three days. I ask if they have suffered any after effects of the illness.

“Oh no, we’re fine. Our discomfort because of the virus was pretty much done in two weeks and we had very different reactions, and that was odd. My wife lost her sense of taste and smell, she had severe nausea, she had a much higher fever than I did. I just had crippling body aches, I was very fatigued all the time and I couldn’t concentrate on anything for more than about 12 minutes. That last bit is kinda like my natural state anyway,” he says, with another chuckle, as if he were my father telling me there are no more monsters under the bed.

I interviewed Wilson shortly after she and Hanks had returned to the US. She still sounded pretty shaken, and we discussed how she talked to their children about the illness (she and Hanks have two sons, Chet and Truman; Hanks also has two older children from a previous marriage, Colin and Elizabeth). Was Hanks scared? He makes a scoffing face before I’ve even finished the question.

“When we were in the hospital, I said: ‘I’m 63, I have type 2 diabetes, I had a stent in my heart – am I a red flag case?’ But as long as our temperatures did not spike, and our lungs did not fill up with something that looked like pneumonia, they were not worried. I’m not one who wakes up in the morning wondering if I’m going to see the end of the day or not. I’m pretty calm about that.”

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 6:40pm
Quarantine hotels guarded by police and ADF. Not a security guard in sight. What a beautiful thing and as it should've been many months ago.
Time is a flat circle
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 7:10pm
Pity the ADF staff are already winging about their own personal containment and lack of mental health support.  Confused

And certainly hope the police are better trained and educated that their counterparts at Sydney airport.  Dead
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 7:45pm
Still better than private security, by the length of the straight
Time is a flat circle
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 7:53pm
Well that's almost axiomatic TJ.

However having worked closely with (junior level) Defence and Police personnel in days gone by....
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 7:58pm
No dodgy, wasted $30m contracts this time either
Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 9:48am
Now we have some actual cases in HQ here in Vic it's time to see how it goes.
Time is a flat circle
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 10:35am
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

Now we have some actual cases in HQ here in Vic it's time to see how it goes.

Let’s hope Danny Boy copes with these 5 new positive cases in hotel quarantine better than he did earlier this year.With overseas arrivals only beginning to arrive in the past week and more expected the number of positives can only blow out.
Touch wood.

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 11:58am
Is he still Premier Bob?

Has anyone heard from Peta?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 12:50pm
PT , do not jump the gun, let’s see how these latest positives in quarantine plays out.
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 4:40pm
OK BB, what measures do you think might be lacking, in this current quarantine regime ?
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 5:20pm
So, just to explain something, as I stated in March 2020,

Covid 19 is  BIOWEAPON, consisting of 3 things

SARS
AIDS
and an older strain of Flu.

Queensland Uni, tried to target the AIDS part, in their vaccine.
By giving the patient AIDS

You simply cant vaccinate AIDS

I said it before, and I will say it again

COVID 19 CAN'T BE VACCINATED

It's a Bioweapon.

ALL my posts are written as Sci-Fi, no different to an Orson Welles and should not be taken literally. Sci-fi is a genre of Fiction.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

OK BB, what measures do you think might be lacking, in this current quarantine regime ?

Who knows, let's see what plays out.
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 10:47pm
Monday morning quarterbacks.......
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by Redemption Redemption wrote:

So, just to explain something, as I stated in March 2020,

Covid 19 is  BIOWEAPON, consisting of 3 things

SARS
AIDS
and an older strain of Flu.

Queensland Uni, tried to target the AIDS part, in their vaccine.
By giving the patient AIDS

You simply cant vaccinate AIDS

I said it before, and I will say it again

COVID 19 CAN'T BE VACCINATED

It's a Bioweapon.

Hey red? Shut up.

Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 7:44am
COVID -19 can be vaccinated and is being

Coronavirus cannot be vaccinated.

Better get back to your world leading virus expert ''friend''.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 7:57am
Who would have guessed / predicted that our very own Vaccine would have the plug pulled on it ! And everyone's going on as if it actually achieved something after the squillions squandered. Morrison smiled as he announced the failure. Wasn't a regular harping on about vaccine success not long ago ? Wink
Refer ALP Election Promises
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 8:04am
The Queensland vaccine hasn't failed to do the same thing the other successful vaccines have, it just has a problem that it sometimes tests positive for HIV in some people when it isn't. 
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 8:09am
So it hasn't failed ? 

Give me a break. Bit like saying the bloke was a good runner -  just couldn't run through the finish line
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 8:16am
Wasn’t expected to be able to be rolled out until the end of next year either so somewhat pointless to continue. 
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 8:18am
How many of us are going to be first in line for this vaccine ? Must say I've never been an anti-vaxxer type - far from it. However any genuine risk vs reward analysis would be interesting - at least in the early days here in Australia i would have thought. USA / Europe not so much. 
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 8:20am
Very likely that countries will require vaccination to enter so if you want to travel you will want to get it. If you don’t then yeah, I can see why you might hold back for a while. 
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 8:21am
Every politician / scientist / senior public servant should be the first lined up & jabbed - with their kids. Compulsory. That will be the ONLY way we will ever know the answer to my question above
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 8:24am
5 former Prime Ministers have said they will line up for a public jab.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 8:27am
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

So it hasn't failed ? 

Give me a break. Bit like saying the bloke was a good runner -  just couldn't run through the finish line

Tests positive sometimes to HIV, not Coronavirus. Works perfectly for Corona but triggers an immune response in some people where their body is wrongly in belief that AIDS virus is present.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 8:28am
I will too eventually. I also would have "eventually" charged at Gallipoli PT once my infected toe improved
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 8:31am
Well, we have the luxury of it not being urgent here as we ostensibly dont have the virus in this country, due to the brilliant job of our health professionals and our politicians listening to them.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 8:32am
As long as that painful Arabic looking ABC Infectious Disease Expert that stays at home looking after her mother for the past 6 months gets it before me. That will be my yardstick !
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 8:35am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Well, we have the luxury of it not being urgent here as we ostensibly dont have the virus in this country, due to the brilliant job of our health professionals and our politicians listening to them.
Exactly PT. And we would not want to take up vaccine that is more needed in third-world countries that are not getting it because they cannot afford it. All the little kiddies dying. Correct PT ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 8:39am
I think we will target the people(elderly, sick, first responders) who really need it, and the rest should be patient.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 333334335336337 838>