Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Coronavirus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 331332333334335 838>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Sold the family home in 1978 for $40,000.  A second story bedroom/ensuite was later added.  Now valued at $2 million.

Bought our Canberra home in 1979 for $42,500.  Sold it in 2002 for $395,000.

Bought our Wangaratta property for $225,000 in 2001.  Renovated and added infrastructure at a cost of about $65,000.  Sold it in 2018 for $632,000.

Bought our house in Bendigo for $385,000 in late 2018.  Already valued at $515,000.

FWIW.
Purchased a four man tent for myself, the missus , the 8 kids , the mongrel dogs & a few strays cats back in 1990. Never spent a cent on it . Would be lucky to be able give it away in the current market LOL
Refer ALP Election Promises
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 5:20pm
8 kids wun wun?! Do you know what caused it?
Time is a flat circle
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 5:22pm
According to my latest rates notice my land is worth 86% of the value of our property . The property has a heritage overlay, which was not on when we purchased 35 years ago, if that was removed the land would be worth 50% more.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 5:31pm
Seriously TJ - we were so poor. No fancy stuff like all the young ones have these days. TV - that's a joke - small transistor radio was our entertainment - when we could afford the batteries. Just for fun on really hot days we would drive around in the old Hillman Gazelle with the windows up just to give the impression we had air conditioning. Dad would make us smile as others went past us. And you've heard the old expression "I'm so hungry I could eat a china man's bottom through a straw chair & think it was a Chinese meal" - well our family came up with it ! So please don't get me started TJ
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 5:40pm
That's why i get so annoyed at young whipper snappers like Fee. Got everything going for her apparently. Not sure why she hangs around this joint LOL
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

I’m tipping it was the milkmanWink
fee View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Sold the family home in 1978 for $40,000.  A second story bedroom/ensuite was later added.  Now valued at $2 million.

Bought our Canberra home in 1979 for $42,500.  Sold it in 2002 for $395,000.

Bought our Wangaratta property for $225,000 in 2001.  Renovated and added infrastructure at a cost of about $65,000.  Sold it in 2018 for $632,000.

Bought our house in Bendigo for $385,000 in late 2018.  Already valued at $515,000.

FWIW.

you are really rich Shocked
fee View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 6:07pm
Depends on the property. Bought a duplex in about 1983, sold it 10 years later for double the price +, was pretty pleased with myself. Is now worth about 19 times what I paid Ouch

The property I then bought in 1993 is worth maybe 6 times what I paid.Cry

The difference as far as I can see no 1 property was on a reasonable sized block of land, for the area, 550m2, the one I have now is on less than half that. Land appreciates faster than anything else, they aren't making any more of it
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

No bloody TVs.LOL
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 6:15pm
We were that poor we bought the tent of 1 x 1 when he had finished with it, big chance the odd cat of his finished in the stew pot too , tell the kids today and they wouldn't believe ya.LOL
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 6:19pm
The only real wealth, is to love, and be loved. But money can allow misery in comfort.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 6:20pm
"bought" ? - took the kids down the Council toilets to give them a scrub - & when we came back it was gone  LOL
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

The only real wealth, is to love, and be loved. But money can allow misery in comfort.
Very true Max - but if you had the option.............LOL
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

"bought" ? - took the kids down the Council toilets to give them a scrub - & when we came back it was gone  LOL
I left the $ 2 under your pillow , bloody kids, can't trust em.LOL
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 6:28pm
Ok - i think i can clarify the misunderstanding Carioca. I thought the $2 was for "other services" rendered LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Very true Max - but if you had the option.............LOL
A lot of things do boil down to money,  but you only need enough, not an excess. 
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 6:51pm
As the saying goes, when my parents started out they didnt have a pot to p**s in or a window to throw it out of.  They were the tent next to 1x1 down on the river bank.  Thumbs Up Quite a few dogs and cats came along, but only 1 kid.  They bought the house I grew up in for 25 thousand pounds , and when they were gone and we sold that house, about 2002 I think, it went for 500 thousand, with very little been done to it above painting and being kept neat clean and tidy.  On a big block close to the station tho. 
animals before people.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 6:52pm
Gimme health instead of wealth annnny daaay lol , my best friend at the moment is my pocket lol , I have a few friends I call " close" , 'tis all I need , sound selfish...? was not meant to be.Smile
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2020 at 8:18am
As one ages of course health is more important than wealth, but if one is 25 years of age most young people are healthy, except an unfortunate minority, and would most likely consider their future wealth as equally important as their health. To marry, buy a home rear a family require both health and wealth, but as time rolls and they know where they stand financially their health becomes the more important of the two.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2020 at 11:59am
2 people dying every minute in the US from something you can literally stop with any semblance of a caring government. 
Time is a flat circle
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2020 at 12:01pm
“Trump is now back in charge, not the doctors” Kushner told Woodward, boasting that the president was “getting the country back from the doctors,”
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2020 at 12:25pm
There is a price to be paid for electing such people, and the bill is now evident.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2020 at 9:59pm
I thought all the in coming flights from overseas were just to bring all Australians home ?
So how come 2 German Nationals were on a flight into Sydney, and then they skipped quarantine and took another flight to Melb, before a  "with it" hire car driver twigged to them ?
Are we now letting tourists in ?  If not, how come they got on a flight for Aust if they are not Australian ?Confused They are being reported as German Nationals, so thats not an Auusie coming home, is it ?  Disapprove
animals before people.
Brudder_A View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brudder_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2020 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

2 German Nationals were on a flight into Sydney, and then they skipped quarantine ...

Obviously there is a way for foreigners to pay to play (especially if they want to get away from the Northern Hemisphere winter) and enjoy the Ozzie sun....

They're whacked with an unexpected stay in quarantine. I hope she brought some knitting needles. Could kill some precious time!
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 8:25am
Yep, another stuff up. We’ve been very lucky
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 8:29am
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

It’s a matter of degrees I guess. What about all the chaotic scenes at the Sydney beaches. It happened on many occasions along with the protests and marches and over crowding of inner city pubs.
I could never understand why 5 people couldn’t go to a cafe but 500 could wander around wooliesConfused

Anyways, we’ve survived so all is good

Add the Ruby Princess and this German farce to the listConfused
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 9:43am

There is a price to be paid for electing such people, and the bill is now evident.

And the bill can be delivered to the originating source.

Will they pay the price?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 10:17am
If Illinois, Texas and Michigan were their own countries they would have ranked in the Top 20 for deaths yesterday of all countries.

And the US would have still been a clear #1
Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 11:10am
Originally posted by Isaac soloman Isaac soloman wrote:

And the bill can be delivered to the originating source.

Will they pay the price?
To be fair, Isaac ( not your forte, I expect), did you argue that the blame for the GFC should be assigned to the USA, and the bill sent to them ? Of course you didn't, you silly little thing, and whilst there is no evidence to suggest any deliberate intent to spread this virus by the Chinese, we are 100% right in thinking the GFC was entirely man-made.
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

I thought all the in coming flights from overseas were just to bring all Australians home ?
So how come 2 German Nationals were on a flight into Sydney, and then they skipped quarantine and took another flight to Melb, before a  "with it" hire car driver twigged to them ?
Are we now letting tourists in ?  If not, how come they got on a flight for Aust if they are not Australian ?Confused They are being reported as German Nationals, so thats not an Auusie coming home, is it ?  Disapprove

Apparently they are Australian residents and the "language problem" quoted by some originally was incorrect
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 331332333334335 838>