Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Coronavirus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 326327328329330 838>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Rhino View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 3:10pm
Just looking for a bit of balance, but it seems every road leads to Trump on TBV. Why do countries like Spain, Belgium, UK have higher DPP rates yet never rate a mention. 
I do note Belgium has recently gone into lockdown which closely resembles what was done in Melbourne.
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 3:13pm
Because one day it'll just disappear. 

Enter a million new cases in a week.
Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 3:18pm
On a more serious note there was plenty of chatter about Europe before the election but that has taken hold now
Time is a flat circle
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by Rhino Rhino wrote:

Just looking for a bit of balance, but it seems every road leads to Trump on TBV. Why do countries like Spain, Belgium, UK have higher DPP rates yet never rate a mention. 
I do note Belgium has recently gone into lockdown which closely resembles what was done in Melbourne.

It’s called TDS, Rhino
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 8:24am
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 8:33am

That's a good question. Why is Europe so bad on coronavirus?Confused Why are we so good?Confused Short answers please.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 8:34am
Schengen. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 8:34am
US - Federalism. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 8:36am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Schengen. 

Do they still have their bloody open borders open?

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 8:39am

US - Federalism. 

America was always going to be a difficult case, even without a president doing everything wrong, because of all the freedom-loving Typhoid Mary superspreaders there.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 8:48am
The first thing we did here was form a National Cabinet to get around the Federalism issue, the US a particular leader instead used Federalism to divide the country into red and blue states and divide them. Europe's open borders make it nigh impossible to contain it.

To their credit in the US a group of North Eastern Governors formed their own cooperation area and coordinated their response, but they still have the problem of open borders and constant reinfection. 

The incoming Administration's first action will be to try to form a coordinated National response. Not an easy task with so much damage done.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 8:49am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

That's a good question. Why is Europe so bad on coronavirus?Confused Why are we so good?Confused Short answers please.

Simples?

We are an island 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 8:59am
So is the UK.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 9:12am
Call me cruel if you like but I am amused by those stories from intensive care nurses about the dying gasps of true-believer Trumpies - "this is fake news: this is a hoax: this is not happening."Dead

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 9:17am
There were reports of Trumper denialists breaking into COVID wards to film and expose the hoax. If true you struggle to have no sympathy for them catching it.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 9:54am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

So is the UK.

Come on, be serious.

UK has a population of about 65 million

It is effectively part of Europe where tens of thousands travel across the Chanel on a weekly basis

It’s quicker to get from London to Paris than it is Sydney to Brisbane 

Us, NZ, pacific islands etc have had bugger all cases due to our isolation and small populations
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 9:57am

The first thing we did here was form a National Cabinet to get around the Federalism issue, the US a particular leader instead used Federalism to divide the country into red and blue states and divide them. Europe's open borders make it nigh impossible to contain it.

To their credit in the US a group of North Eastern Governors formed their own cooperation area and coordinated their response, but they still have the problem of open borders and constant reinfection. 

The incoming Administration's first action will be to try to form a coordinated National response. Not an easy task with so much damage done.

Even in this post you can’t get over your TDSLOL

So tell me, why didn’t Euro countries close their borders 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 10:00am
Do you know what Schengen means Shrunky? Didn't think so...or just your usual trolling?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 10:07am
Fully aware but a lack of initiative and forethought was displayed in the face of this massive global disaster.
You were too busy with your TDS to even critique the major European dramasWink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 10:14am

To their credit in the US a group of North Eastern Governors formed their own cooperation area and coordinated their response, 

Yes they did but it was all too late, politically driven & dishonest.

The massive amount of deaths is blood on their hands

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 10:29am

Do you know what Schengen means Shrunky? Didn't think so...or just your usual trolling?

I did not know that Schengen applies even in pandemics. That means your nation's health is determined by the worst pandemic policies of the worst nation in the group - brilliant.Wacko I think open borders is crazy at the best of times but that is lunatic on steroids.Dead

Simon Cameron

fee View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 10:47am

Even in this post you can’t get over your TDSLOL

[/QUOTE]

and it is still not funny, you give those LOL a good workout
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 10:49am
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

Fully aware but a lack of initiative and forethought was displayed in the face of this massive global disaster.
Quote  me some European leaders that discourage people from wearing masks or social distancing, and I’ll bag them.
Quote me some European leaders that say it will just go away, I’ll laugh at them.
Quote me some European leaders that ask whether you can inject bleach, and I’ll tell you they are not fit for office.

......waiting......
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 10:55am

If you had read my post you might have understood that I was pointing out the Australian response to show the difference and how you get around state sovereignty 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 11:06am
Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

Quote  me some European leaders that discourage people from wearing masks or social distancing, and I’ll bag them.
Quote me some European leaders that say it will just go away, I’ll laugh at them.
Quote me some European leaders that ask whether you can inject bleach, and I’ll tell you they are not fit for office.

......waiting......

Another “but but” postLOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 11:09am

If you had read my post you might have understood that I was pointing out the Australian response to show the difference and how you get around state sovereignty 

And if you read anything with an open mind and eye you would know that the Governor's in the USA stuffed up badly. In particular NY But that doesn’t suit your agendaWink
fee View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 11:10am

......waiting......

when you can't answer the questions throw in a LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 12:30pm
Masks off outside, unless you can't distance, in Vic from tomorrow.
Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by fee fee wrote:

......waiting......

when you can't answer the questions throw in a LOL

Glad you agree that’s exactly what Rusty did.Thumbs Up

Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 1:36pm

And if you read anything with an open mind and eye you would know that the Governor's in the USA stuffed up badly. In particular NY But that doesn’t suit your agendaWink

Well the idiot up top was running about telling everyone it would just go away but that if they got it they could inject themselves with bleach, or use lights and that social distancing and masks were not necessary, but of course that was the all the governor's faults, because that suits your orange man good agenda.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 326327328329330 838>