Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Coronavirus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 155156157158159 838>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 8:38pm
Logic should tell him , HE IS WRONG.    TOTALLY WRONG

The Ills he mentioned were spread by any body fluids , including , spitting , Coughing , Rooting , etc --- from eyes-- arz ---mouth -- plumbing --nose etc.

All have been nasty , NO dispute, but I see an over reaction that is costing much more damage , Than the infection, which is from a family, that has set a precedence we should be guided by ..
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 8:59pm
See on the news one of the Ruby Princess crew people that was brought ashore now has TB.
animals before people.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

hello!!!!!!

You’re sposed to have a medical background aren’t you?
You can’t catch aids Or hepatitis catching a bus to work, or going to the movies.

Use some logic.

And that’s an example of logic🤔
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 10:38pm
All's well Shrunk.     Logic is as hard to explain as Hating Trump.

We all hope whatever the November result is =      That the Super Power of the USA , our Ally,   can continue to keep a festering world under reasonable control.

No Major War in 75 years is a feather in their cap.    Hope it continues.
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

hello!!!!!!

You’re sposed to have a medical background aren’t you?
You can’t catch aids Or hepatitis catching a bus to work, or going to the movies.

Use some logic.

And that’s an example of logic🤔
Don’t comment on things you don’t understand.

.......that will obviously end your activity here,I doubt many will miss you.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 11:00pm
oh I understand 😜
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2020 at 12:23am
RUSTY = You commented on something you obviously knew NOTHING about.

HIV/Aids & the various Hepatitis strains can all be transmitted by body Fluids ( especially Blood ) Needle sticks etc, But very dangerous with contact of any bodily fluids.
Hepatitis has been around millions of years , HIV/Aids over 40 years and both still killing some 2 million people a year.
The present virus , being a new strain is severe ATM.   Will settle as immunity builds over time.      Will then join the army of Seasonal Flu , which all take a toll on the aged, infirm and vulnerable, every Flu season in he main.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2020 at 4:42pm
Death toll per million population, today, has the USA in 9th place.    Belgium being worst hit from Spain, UK , Italy. France , Sweden , Nederlands

Tapering off in most areas.
Numbers doesn't support our misleading TBV Lefties.   
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2020 at 4:54pm
Depends how you look at the sutuation, the numbers might have been many times the deaths that have occurred, without restrictions.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2020 at 5:11pm
( Might have been )   ( what If ) etc.   

We can only go on the published information and that has always had similar to today's progress. Per head of population.
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2020 at 5:16pm
It really isn"t about Trump, this pandemic.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2020 at 5:19pm
We only have to look at ourselves versus say Brazil to know deaths have been stopped.  While I might be down and blue at the moment it doesn't mean I have a death wish.  I want to see my grandchildren grow up and be healthy.  Some industries will have to change including ones most of the ones my children are employed in but people can be very good at finding new ways to live.  We are being looked after by our government and hopefully we will come out the other side with less on going medical care needed for thousands of people who have escaped death but not the side effects.

There are enough other things like cancer to stress the medical profession.

We don't have herd immunity from colds maccamax we were just incredibly lucky not to have been effected like Europe, England, USA & Brazil.   And now on top of that the riots in the USA.  We aren't immune from that look at the attacks on the chinese in the streets and aboriginal deaths in custody.  But I hope I bought my children up to give everyone a chance.  We can't like everyone - personalities clash - but race, creed and colour shouldn't come into it.  Look at what happened after world war two.  The immigration from countries who we had been at war with and then the mix of them down the snowy which could of got ugly but because they were forced to mix they discovered we are more alike than we know.

What about Australian story last night on an Australia choir singing russian songs.  They just like the music.  The russians are loving it and wanted them to go sing in Russia.  A Russian choir learnt Waltzing Matilda (and they were trained singers so put our boys a bit to shame).  But things happen when we don't just jump on the band wagon of decide its just all too hard.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2020 at 5:41pm
Re "Colds" Furious.    A terminology for a minor respiratory infection.

There are hundreds of strains.   We are immune to many and the ones we haven't built an immunity to, will continue as seasonal risks when we do come in contact with them.   Hence Flu season. The vaccine against some strains.
Expect this virus to remain a pest for a long time to come. As we have it on our shores and over time it will cause headaches,   especially to the vulnerable .   Little can be done, other than take care of those at risk and reduce their exposure.        . Nothing new really, these respiratory infections kill thousands per year already , The new Virus will join the gang and give them a hand.    
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2020 at 5:45pm

How Australia's 'fake genuine Russian choir' Dustyesky went viral during the coronavirus pandemic

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2020 at 5:55pm
Gees PT ... I hope you have built an immunity to that racket.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2020 at 5:57pm
I cant hear it in my bunker maxie.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2020 at 6:26pm
Make that Bunker comfortable PT ...       You will probably have to share it with Rusty & Joe Biden come November.

The other Five of your terrible , Trump hating, "Seven" , will be still making excuses on your behalf .     Long after Donald lines up for a 2 nd term.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2020 at 6:32pm
You on the bleach maxie?
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2020 at 6:49pm
The Russians have replied with a version of Waltzing Matilda.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2020 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

You on the bleach maxie?

--- YES--- Told you since day One ...

Start the day with a glass of town water which contains the Chlorine to kill these invading infections.
If it works for the Water , why not for me and Donald .
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2020 at 7:23pm
I boil my water to get rid of the chlorine. Will I get COVID?
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2020 at 7:39pm
I thought boiling was the way to steralise water.

I came through the old water boiling steraliser days, for the old glass syringes & needles.
Similar autoclaves for the bedpans etc.    How things change with time .
All about disposable now days.
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2020 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

It really isn"t about Trump, this pandemic.

what a profound statement.....Wacko
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2020 at 8:21pm
Get back to work FOOLS----   We have lost 100 to the Pandemic and 1000 to Opioid prescriptions.    Probably being abused and as from today more strict rules to people being prescribed same.
Add that toll to the Roads , Suicide etc and ask ourselves, is this Flu an over reaction.
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2020 at 8:56am
Nathan Turner misdiagnosed. apparently didn't have the virus. It was a bit of a mystery
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2020 at 2:06pm

The Queensland man thought to be Australia's youngest COVID-19 victim has tested negative to the virus after his death.

Nathan Turner's death last week had baffled authorities and placed residents in his central Queensland town of Blackwater on notice after an initial coronavirus test following his death returned a positive result.

But a workmate of Mr Turner's fiancee on Monday revealed a second test conducted after his death came back negative.

"We have just got word from our staff member Nathan's partner that his autopsy report has come in and Nathan has been CLEARED as COVID 19 NEGATIVE.," Kelly Bunyoung posted on Facebook.

animals before people.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2020 at 2:26pm
How was the first result positive??
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2020 at 2:29pm
Up to 45% false positive and false negative inaccuracy with some tests.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2020 at 2:52pm
That's pathetic! Not that I know how successful most tests are.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2020 at 3:11pm
Well apparently here as in America the major University hospitals that have their own made are very accurate. The widely distributed Abbott tests that the US President boasted were in demand all over the world are up to 48% off.

As Dr Rick Bright testified last week corruption and cronyism has screwed this whole coronavirus response up at every step.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 155156157158159 838>