Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

NRL 2020 Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 56>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2020 at 10:33am
Teddy does seem to have bulked up a little, but not a man we can write off, I always expect a line-break when he handles the ball.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2020 at 10:35am
Back to my Panthers. I still worry about Mansour on the wing. he's not tall enough to catch the high ball in a contest, lacks a wingers speed & makes dumb mistakes. No doubting his willingness & toughness - but we dont need another second rower. Also hope that Edwards stays injured - overrated in my opinion. That young 19 year old Crichton looks good
Refer ALP Election Promises
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2020 at 10:37am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Warriors are staying in Australia and moving to the Gold Coast as a temporary base.

will be very temporary...a matter of time, only, before they can go home and self-isolate...

pity their families. Cry
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2020 at 10:47am
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

Warriors are staying in Australia and moving to the Gold Coast as a temporary base.

will be very temporary...a matter of time, only, before they can go home and self-isolate...

pity their families. Cry
I think they better re-enforce that Code Of Conduct clause in their contract - a few weeks on the Gold Coast without their partners. Another "Violation"" an absolute certainty
Refer ALP Election Promises
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2020 at 11:07am
Playing to empty stands could see some of the show-pony types who thrive on crowd adulation go quiet. The more business-like journeyman types might do better.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2020 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

pity their families. Cry

2 have already requested they be allowed to go home, one with a new baby and one with a wife expecting.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2020 at 12:37pm
I can't imagine any scenario where things are better on the coronavirus front in 6 months time than they are now. That is, I can't see how there can be a Coronavirus mass vaccination take place within 6 months.

Is Slippery's gimme your money mega church on today? How many turn up for that? Got to be more than 500.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2020 at 1:16pm
Yes it is. The promotional brochure they put out had something about evil being driven out of their church, so presumably immune from infection
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2020 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

Playing to empty stands could see some of the show-pony types who thrive on crowd adulation go quiet. The more business-like journeyman types might do better.

James Aubusson will shorten dramatically in dally m markets if this is the case Andrew Fifita to drift dramatically.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2020 at 6:05pm
I'm interested to see how the TV ratings go - if they keep playing with nobody leaving home - maybe worse, depending on who is really in charge of the remote - buy shares in Netflix!Wink
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2020 at 6:50pm
TV coverage of NRL has for yonks focused on the crowd in the stand, with few shots of the remainder of the otherwise virtually uninhabited spaces, so can't envisage much change in viewer interest following the lockout.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2020 at 6:54pm
Suggestion is that a single player testing positive will stop the comp, it seems like a foregone conclusion that will happen.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2020 at 7:06pm
The NBA suspended it's season after a single Utah player tested positive. That triggered most other sports to follow. 
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2020 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

Suggestion is that a single player testing positive will stop the comp, it seems like a foregone conclusion that will happen.

duh...I said that, two days ago...

once one player is positive, the team is isolated and the whole comp stops...

Ouch
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2020 at 10:59pm
It's only a matter of when the comp will be stopped
EAD
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2020 at 8:15am

The NBA suspended it's season after a single Utah player tested positive. That triggered most other sports to follow. 

Makes it sound like these elite athletes are 80 year olds with heart conditions and diabetes. Would have a very mild effect on them.

Simon Cameron

Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2020 at 8:17am
the one that stumps me is the golf it’s an individual sport with 72 players. Why cancel the events?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2020 at 8:54am
Norman Swan just said the opposite of what I wrote above and what has been reported to date. Healthy 30 year olds are dropping like flies.Shocked Where? He didn't say or I missed it.

I wish the experts would get their story straight.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2020 at 9:15am
Read what I posted in other thread about younger people. From Johns Hopkins. They(younger people) have it, but being healthy are mostly just carriers.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2020 at 10:22am
I did catch that comment by Swan, and thought it inaccurate. I am not impressed by the rather common attitude among younger people, that they aren't that worried about getting it, as if it doesn't matter who they might then transmit it to, it is the "bugger you Charlie, I'm alright" philosophy. I hope they don't visit grandma that often.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2020 at 1:21pm
Youth of today only have (2)TWO, things on their mind and respect isn't one of them .

(1) A working Ipad and ( 2 )the Dial a Root Sites.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2020 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by TIGER TIGER wrote:

It's only a matter of when the comp will be stopped

of course...and I will be surprised if even one AFL match gets played...

it's pointless starting a competition that has no possible chance of completion...

Ouch  (I was so looking forward to my footy)

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2020 at 1:59pm
A few people will go into a depressive decline if the football is canned. The only upside I see is PVL looking worried.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2020 at 2:07pm
V'Landy is not well liked .

Betfair have dumped his NRL.     So has half the Public.

God is punishing them for not supporting Local Talent for their main event entertainment.
JC, gave them V'landy with that in mind.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2020 at 11:14am
https://www.abc.net.au/life/when-you-and-your-partner-have-mismatched-sex-drives/11987700

Lucie* wants to have sex with her partner every day.

He, on the other hand, does not.

"We've gone six months without having sex," the 27-year-old says.

"Though on average [we have sex] about once every two months."

Wrap your head around that one, maccamx. It gives me a pain in the groin every time I read things like that. Bloke has to be a latent homosexual.Big smile

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2020 at 11:19am
Either that, or Lucie* looks like a half-sucked mango.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2020 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

https://www.abc.net.au/life/when-you-and-your-partner-have-mismatched-sex-drives/11987700

Lucie* wants to have sex with her partner every day.

He, on the other hand, does not.

"We've gone six months without having sex," the 27-year-old says.

"Though on average [we have sex] about once every two months."

Wrap your head around that one, maccamx. It gives me a pain in the groin every time I read things like that. Bloke has to be a latent homosexual.Big smile

definitely in the closet...

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2020 at 5:14pm
Some winding of the wire going on here, aye.

TV seems to be all about Public Confessions about the sex lives of the population.
MAFS style.

No kissing and an entertainment tax , on bedroom entertainment. Law 432/sect 889

Their certainly making it hard.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2020 at 6:01pm
I'm tipping Lucie*'s partner is moonlighting as a gigolo.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 12:55pm
Still holding out for a continuation of the season, is PVL, but seems like trying to stop the tide coming in. Reminds me of the Confederate "hold-outs", hoping they can repair to some out of the way place, and continue the battle. Cannot work that I can see.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 56>