Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

NRL 2020 Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 56>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 7:42am
Uncle Nick wants him, let's hope he signs with your mob and that will attract bumper crowds of 3,000 per home game and as usual the Rorters will dodgy up the attendance figures to 15,000
EAD
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 1:37pm
Charges against Reynolds dropped. think she may now be the one in a bit of strife ;

Refer ALP Election Promises
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 4:12pm

WOW oneone ... That's a BOMBER.

Worst thing that can happen in working for Women's right's & protection in such things as Domestic Violence .
IS THE ONE'S WHO MAKE FALSE ACCUSATIONS, & work the system . Thinking (say) an AVO gets them full custody of children.
Soul destroying for the victim party.      . Breakups , usually halve household incomes , Financial hardship is part of seperations .
NO one need the extra pressures.
    I'd give her 5 years for each of her 11 aliases , That 55 years.
Or release her to my care for some good behaviour.

Edited by horlicks - 26 Feb 2020 at 5:49pm
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 4:33pm
Well it is that time ladies and gentlemen , that I give my outstandingly accurate    predictions for the season.

Premiership. Scores are out of 10 for the top seventeen players.

1. Melbourne - 123. Still have a quality forward pack and the old stager looks like he is re3ady for his final hurrah. If Munster can continue to develop and the young fullback has as good a year as 2019 then they should win enough to make the top four. The concern for me is the outside backs who do have mistakes in them, but that can be overcome during the regular season.
2. Manly - 123. Now this score is already under pressure with Jake Trbojevic and a couple of others already injured. Add to that the fact that Evans, the Trbojevic brothers and maybe a few others may have rep duties during the year and it makes it hard, but if they once again play like one unit under Dessy they are a top four certainty.
3. Canberra - 121. This score is boosted by the 3 ten point players in Hodgson, Papali and Bateman, so if anything happens to these three long term the score dips, and Bateman is out for the first five weeks. Notoriuously slow starters they need to be humming along come origin time because Wighton, Papali and Cotric will be chosen. They also have a systemic problem of backing a hugely successful season up with a notorioiusly bad one, however hopefully the english players will negate that. The England halfback is vital to the teams structure and success.
4. Roosters - 119. Unlike Manly and Canberra this score is a solid one and can hold up through injries and rep season. I thought everything fell into place for them last season, and if that happens again, they can do the threepeat, but Cronk leaving takes away a organisational option, and Mitchell is a match winner, although only once every five matches, so thy do have to overcome those two losses.
5. Parramatta - 119. They have boosted an already good forward pack with Regan Campbell Gillard and Ryan Matterson. They need their backline with gys like Sivo, Blake and Jennings to stand up again and Moses needs to become more consistent for them to challenge for the title. A lot of ifs, but if they do eventuate they can challenge.
6. South Sydney - 114. Again it all comes down to what the old man can pull out of his hat.He has a good group under him, but Mitchell and Roberts only play well infrequently and the loss of two Burgess brothers from the pack sets them back. Bottom top eight side for me.
7. Brisbane - 113. With the year under their belt the young guys should now be used to the grind of the full season. With Haas and Fifita, they have two of the best young forwards who can win matches on their own efforts. They need more from Milford on a consistent basis and they are hoping Croft is the saviour. The issue with Boyd is still a divisive one, better off just letting him go, but that will not happen now. If the young guys in the backline come on they can make the top eight, but they will only just make it.
8. Cronulla - 113. This is the team who I think will fall hard. On paper they have a good enough team to make the eight and with a captain like Wade Graham they will get inspired, but losing Gallen and Feki eans their depth is going to be tested. The issue with John morris is divisive, and although Morris is a professional and will do his best, it will still cause issues. They need more from their spine and with young gun Bronson Xerri on the sidelinse for the first four games at least their depth is seriously going to be tested. Will need everything to go right just to make the eight!
9. St.George Illawarra - 109. This team is a absolute lottery for me. They are rebuilding and have some good youngsters, but the score is elevated due to Vaughan and Frizzell being the 10 point players. If the youngsters can handle the long season, the first one for most of them then they will go okay, but I am thinking they will start slow which will see McGregor gone by week six, and then they will come back and just miss the eight.
10. Wests Tigers - 109. Again this team has the talent with their best side to make the eight, but they need absolutely no injuries. Can win games with their defence and with reynolds havin his off field life back on track he can contribute more than last year. Young Billy Walters looks a good fit as well, but they will need everything to go right to just make the eight.
11. Gold Coast - 108. With Ryan James basically out for the season, and with players like Shannon Boyd and Leilani Latu not showing anything like their previous club form last year, this team need a spark. On his trial for Ash taylor looks like he has his mind on football, and with their only 10 point player Jai Arrow staying for the year, that boosts the potential. f Ryan James was going to play a huge part of the season I would have them a top eight side, but on last years form they will struggle.
12. Newcastle - 112. Some of those players just did not show up last year. Pearce and Ponga have the potential to be 10 point players, but they were barely 6's last year. If Klemmer and Fitzgibbon offer more, and if the young backlin players can lift they can make the eight, but coming into the season they will struggle.
13. Penrith - 104. Cleary had a 7 season last year, and that is being generous. With no Maloney it all falls to him as Luai is basically a catch and pass five eight, who runs on some occasions. With Kikau being their only 10 player, he will have a huge load to bare and I am not sure if the ir young squad are ready for a full season.
14. Canterbury Bulldogs - 101. Going along well. They still have deficincies in several areas, most notably in the halves although Lewis and Cogger have done okay in the trials. If Foran was around they would be on the cusp of the finals but I just can not see them starting the season as well as they need to. They need more from Hopoate and Zelezniak in the backline, and Napa in the forwards to help Jackson!
15. New Zealand - 100. Whenever you do the score for the warriors, you get a false score because the team has talent, but it is their desire and consistent enthusiasm that lets the players and there for the team down.One week they can look title contenders and the next five weeks they get beaten by teams they should defeat. It is all in the mind and the coach who can develop that mental edge, will be hailed th best sporting coach since god trained David to slay Goliath.
16. North Queensland - 93. Even with Taumalolo a 10, this team needs a lot of things to fall into place just to be competitive. One, Holmes to recapture his best, but really only needs to be about 80% to add value to this team. The young winger they released in the nines, just forget his name, is exactly what the Cowboys need, speed and power out wide. Essan Masters is a threat outwide, if he shows up in the form he had at the Tigers and Morgan says his preseason has been far superior to last years. McLean's Storm form would see him back to top prop in the world discussions, but his 2019 season was a shocker. Scott Drinkwater looks the option at five eight, and Coen Hess looks fit and
healthy and ready to recapture his state of origin level form and Jake Granville looks under pressure to keep his hooking spot from his young challenger. I can see them staying away from the wooden spoon, but again they are a team that need everything to go right, starting to win at home would be ideal, to make the eight.

Going through the top eight I come to a Roosters v Melbourne grand final with Melbourne doing it for Smith and sending him off a winner.

Biggest Improver: Manly

Biggest Underachiever: South Sydney

Surprise Packet: Wests Tigers

Wooden Spoon: Penrith or New Zealand, I will go New Zealand

State Of Origin: N.S.W 3-0

Dally M: Payne Haas

Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 4:37pm
Sorry guys for Cronulla that should read the issue with Josh Morris!
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 4:41pm
Great stuff Voyager, and will be disappointed if you don't generate plenty of opinionated responses.  Star

ps I particularly like this bit: "Going through the top eight I come to a Roosters v Melbourne grand final with Melbourne doing it for Smith and sending him off a winner".  Clap
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2020 at 8:52pm
Interesting article re coaches in the firing line. Think they are being a touch hard on Mary & Pay ;

max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2020 at 8:59pm
Betfair has quit NRL betting, a real bummer, they are clearly not going to toe PVL's line.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2020 at 9:04pm
Saw an article today saying PVL & Greenberg are not getting on
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2020 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Saw an article today saying PVL & Greenberg are not getting on

I am flabbergasted that the 16 clubs unanimously endorsed him getting the job. The first I heard of it, I immediately suspected what has happened with the betting levy, would happen. Anyone who endorses that, needs their head examined, it would have required Betfair's highest commission rate on any sports betting, world-wide.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2020 at 10:40pm
I predicted V'Landy would route Rugby League ....    He did a runner from the Racing before the roof falls in.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 11:47am
Speaking of routing, the Bulldoge have lost their new $2million front of jersey sponsor following the schoolgirl incident in Port Macquarie.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 11:54am
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

I predicted V'Landy would route Rugby League ....    He did a runner from the Racing before the roof falls in.

Boss of NSW racing is still his day job.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 12:04pm
How come the state governments can put a point of consumption tax on the betting corporates but the federal government lets corporates like Facebook, Google, Ikea etc get away with blue murder on their sales made in Australia but no tax paid in Australia tax elimination swindles?

Looks easy to me. You buy something from Google etc you slap a big point of sale tax on it.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 12:07pm
What a slap in the face it is, for NRL fans who enjoy a bet on it. AFL gets a boost from this shameless gouge.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 1:45pm
V'Landy results have Racing NSW, paying twice the commission that is paid in other countries .
The movement away from Racing to Sports betting is noticeable.

Australia doesn't allow in play, on sports betting, or Racing would be gone.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 2:32pm
Did I read somewhere where PVL wants the game split into quarters, so more ads can be jammed in ? Surely not !
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2020 at 9:26pm
Enjoyed that game! ... Panthers have some razzle ad some dazzle!

Rooters will improve when they play in front of empty seats ... because they are used to that.
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2020 at 9:28pm
Yeah, it was a good game that.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2020 at 9:45pm
With Ardern's closure of borders, NZ Warriors season has to be over.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2020 at 9:52pm
Silly old Wayne Bennett wants the comp moved to Darwin to get away from Coronavirus. Too bad they'd all die from heat exhaustion.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2020 at 2:36am
What will happen with the Warriors is that they will stay in Australia and play their games here in this country and then hopefully get back to NZ in six weeks time.

That is if the season goes ahead!
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2020 at 7:35am
Criket cancelling the NZ series and likely the Sheffield Shield, major competitions around the world are suspending play, competitions who could lose more money than the NRL could ever dream of out of this and here is old Wayne saying we'll just isolate the whole comp up north and keep going.

I think Wayne hasn't got any interests outside of Rugby League.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2020 at 9:07am
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

With Ardern's closure of borders, NZ Warriors season has to be over.

the season is over...just enjoy this week's matches, because it is only a matter of time before the whole shebang is cancelled. 

That includes the AFL...it will only take one official or player to acquire it and...kaput... 

Ouch
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2020 at 9:11am
Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

Criket cancelling the NZ series and likely the Sheffield Shield, major competitions around the world are suspending play, competitions who could lose more money than the NRL could ever dream of out of this and here is old Wayne saying we'll just isolate the whole comp up north and keep going.

I think Wayne hasn't got any interests outside of Rugby League.

It’s absolute madness cancelling these events
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2020 at 10:08am
Warriors are staying in Australia and moving to the Gold Coast as a temporary base.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2020 at 10:26am
Great to see the Panthers on song last night. Rooters looked almost pedestrian - & unfit. Time to move a few of those old forwards on - & i think Teddy may have lost a yard of pace in the off-season  Wink
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2020 at 10:28am
Think he might end up like another Phil Sigsworth
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2020 at 10:28am
Roosters had the world club championship thing to contend with, early days, no good peaking too early.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2020 at 10:30am
Max - I'm stirring PT. Its one of his only weak points LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 56>