Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

NRL 2020 Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 56>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Poor old George Burgess looked totally lost last night without his thug brother telling him who to headbutt and gouge.

Umm, George didn’t play. He’s in the UK & I actually gave Tom Burgess my man of the match😱
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 10:33pm
I suspect that PT has just defaulted to his “Burgess man bad” routine regardless of fact😆😆😆
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

They are dumb to change the rules of this game, under the prevailing conditions. Bad timing, it should have been trialled in pre-season games, or whatever, not brought in "cold". I question the motives behind it, it seems to me to be part of an attempt to split the game into quarters. At the moment, the game isn't engaging me, with the fake crowd noise another bit of silliness as well.

Sorry maxy but 5 games in you’ve got this wrong. It’s been wonderful footy👍

I've seen quite a few ref errors in the Melbourne game, the callers speak of how the game is now sped-up, which really is not a good fit with reducing the refs from two to one, it is counter-intuitive.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2020 at 1:46am
So many Burgey Bro,s its difficult to know who is who .  So I can relate to PTs mistake with which one played last night.   Whoever it was missed his thug brother.   They are finally getting a bit thin on the ground. 
Does anyone understand a word they say ??   Confused
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2020 at 10:14am
I doubt the Burgess mob have anything to learn from the Rooster's Wairea-Hargeaves in the department of questionable "play".
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2020 at 10:26am
love the way Jared plays - flat out and takes no crap. He pushes the boundaries but ive never seen him take a cheap shot.  and he's an Iona old boy, same school my boys went to
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2020 at 10:48am
Seems a very regular visitor to the judiciary. Looks very "old school" to me. I'd say if playing for a "lesser" team, would have been rubbed out by now.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2020 at 11:04am
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2020 at 12:50pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2020 at 12:56pm
Thumbs Up Finally something we can agree on Bobby. 
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2020 at 2:01pm
Bob's invisible ink does work.

I thought he was bull sxitting when he said he advertised it , but then the penny dropped.
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2020 at 4:55pm
Yes you can buy a bottle of that invisible ink on Ebay. You write it on with a pen, than after it has dried you run a warm iron over it and presto you are able to read the writing.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2020 at 5:46pm
PT uses it all the time.      We Conservatives don't need, or have irons.

We are real smoothies all the time.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2020 at 5:51pm
Remember those kids spy kits? ''Invisible ink'' with milk was the best. 
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2020 at 8:08pm
We had our own language ..    I can speak it still --   Better than English.   ( That's not hard in my case)
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2020 at 8:22pm
Geez, it must be hard to kick a field goal when the legs are tired, going on that game today.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2020 at 12:15am
Must admit , the NRL did well in providing some entertainment over this week.       Credit where it is due.

Some tired legs by the end of each day . Especially Today's draw.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 9:56pm
Tedesco out, with an "elevated temperature". Sounds ominous.
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 10:17pm
plucky chooks awesome without tedesco
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 11:14am
59-0 you say?
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 1:13pm
Looks like next door,s pesky rooster has set me on a winning team LOL
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 1:39pm
What a shambles the Broncos are. Something we are not being told about the internals at that club, their minds are not on the job at hand. Whoever the defence coach is, should already have fallen on his sword.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 1:46pm
No posession , No Interest , No Oxygen , No hope
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 3:33pm
The Broncos have a great bunch of young forwards but lack that experienced older head to push them both in games and training. Josh MacGuire cops a lot of criticism but you can't help but think that maybe if they'd kept him and let go a couple of the kids then this pack would be performing better. He wouldn't have stood for the standard displayed last night.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 3:39pm
That's right, devoid of leadership, Boyd a non-event, they are certainly way off track.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 7:37pm

The get-out clause in Seibold's Broncos contract LOL

Author
Michael Chammas Chief Reporter
Timestamp

Brisbane have a protection mechanism built into Anthony Seibold's five-year deal to cover the club if things go horribly wrong during the coach's tenure.

NRL.com understands the Broncos, at the time of drawing up the contract, had a performance-based termination clause inserted into Seibold's deal with an agreed pay-out.

It is understood if the Broncos decided to pull the trigger, the club would not have to pay Seibold the remainder of his deal – but at least 12 months' salary.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/09/26/the-get-out-clause-in-seibolds-broncos-contract/

An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 7:39pm
Remember when the Broncos used to win games when all their senior players were out with SOO duties?LOL
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

What a shambles the Broncos are. Something we are not being told about the internals at that club, their minds are not on the job at hand. Whoever the defence coach is, should already have fallen on his sword.

From a South Sydney fan perspective I happily declare it’s the coach that’s the issue ClapClap
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 11:50pm
Entertaining match again.

5 minutes to go , Storm 20/8. True indication.
Souths made too many errors ... Never looked like winners.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 12:23am
I thought they looked like winning quite a few times but then shot themselves in the foot
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 56>