Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

NRL 2020 Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 56>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NRL 2020 Season
    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 8:55am
Latrell Mitchell is expected to start training with his new Bunny team-mates as early as this weekend.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 8:58am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Latrell Mitchell is expected to start training with his new Bunny team-mates as early as this weekend.

How much are they paying him? Because it says in the paper they only offered 800k and deal in limbo.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 9:03am
He posted on Instagram a ''thank you Roosters for everything you have done for me and my family'' message.

With all the Burgesses gone this year it must have freed up a fair bit. It has been reported amounts between $600k - $1.3m. I guess if you have a creative enough accountant the numbers dont mean a lot.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 9:06am

Latrell Mitchell has confirmed he is leaving the Roosters but stopped short of confirming he had joined South Sydney after it was reported on Friday he will play for the Rabbitohs in 2020.

According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Mitchell — who has spent much of the off-season in rugby league limbo — has “agreed to terms” with the Rabbitohs and may be at pre-season training as early as Monday.

The development comes after it was revealed this week Mitchell was scheduled to meet Souths coach Wayne Bennett to facilitate a move to the Roosters’ fiercest rivals.

Stream over 50 sports live & anytime with KAYO on your TV, mobile, tablet or laptop. Just $25/month with no lock-in contract. Get your 14 day free trial

Fox Sports reports Mitchell has agreed to a deal with Souths worth $600,000-a-season for two years, with the Roosters to kick in an extra $120,000. It represents a significant pay cut compared to what he would have earned had he remained at Bondi — where the Kangaroos back was offered a multi-year deal worth $800,000 a season.

Mitchell took to Instagram to update people on his situation.

“Firstly I want to thank @sydneyroosters for everything they have done for me and my family,” Mitchell wrote.

“I cannot describe the way I feel right now but just wanted to let everyone know involved in my career through my stint here, I am so very grateful for you all.

“To the fans, thank you! Wouldn’t be a game without you.

“Humbled to be able to play with such a rich history club didn’t think as a Country boy I’d be able to transition to the city but roosters made that possible.

“To the boys!! I love yas. Playing along side of you all was something I’ll hold close to my heart.

“Nothing has been made official as of yet. But my stay at the Roosters has come to an end. On to the next chapter wherever that may be.”

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/report-latrell-mitchell-deal-with-south-sydney-is-imminent/news-story/af483c9be2af316770371ece0aefdf85

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 9:09am
Got a shock when I read that his latest manager is Matt Rose. The big fat fellow who played for Manly. Shocked Had to refresh memory - that is George.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 9:11am
If he's ended up on 720k he is mad and so is his manager - what has this interminable saga been about? It makes no sense.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 9:16am
Without details we have no idea of 3rd party arrangements or a huge backended deal or a $400k job with The Gladiator as an indigenous cultural fire control officer on his estate.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 9:58am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Got a shock when I read that his latest manager is Matt Rose. The big fat fellow who played for Manly. Shocked Had to refresh memory - that is George.

It’s his brother 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 10:12am
Matt Rose. the brother of former Manly front rower is Mitchell's new manager.

Latrell's brother who puts George to shame at 150kg has I believe signed for a Manly feeder club.

I am sure there are a lot of mis-truths or shortages of facts around the whole thing though which will clarify as signatures are formalised.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 10:29am
With Roberts and Mitchell in the backline and Johnson and Gagai possibly off to Titans in a swap for Arrow the Rabbits will be the jekyl and hyde team of 2020.

Mitchell and Roberts show up once every five matches, and if they lose Gagai and Johnson they had better hope the young players in the group come on quickly.

Without the grunt of the Burgess's up front they will be relying heavily on Cook to get the going forward off quick play the balls, so a lot of things need to fall into place for the Rabbits to make the top four!
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 10:46am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Matt Rose. the brother of former Manly front rower is Mitchell's new manager.

Latrell's brother who puts George to shame at 150kg has I believe signed for a Manly feeder clubLOL.

I am sure there are a lot of mis-truths or shortages of facts around the whole thing though which will clarify as signatures are formalised.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 11:13am
It will need to be some buffet with George and Shaq at the table.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 11:17am
Originally posted by VOYAGER VOYAGER wrote:

With Roberts and Mitchell in the backline and Johnson and Gagai possibly off to Titans in a swap for Arrow the Rabbits will be the jekyl and hyde team of 2020.

Mitchell and Roberts show up once every five matches, and if they lose Gagai and Johnson they had better hope the young players in the group come on quickly.

Without the grunt of the Burgess's up front they will be relying heavily on Cook to get the going forward off quick play the balls, so a lot of things need to fall into place for the Rabbits to make the top four!

They will win the comp
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 11:56pm
Sorry PT ... just saw the confirmation that he has signed with the Bunnies.

I hadn't really been paying too much attention, but this explains why you had been so out of sorts of late ... that and the fact that the Dems are such an anchor around your neck of course!Cry.
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 3:27am
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

They will win the comp

I have to bite Shrunk.

If the Rabbits win the competition, in the next ten years, I will never ever ever post in the village ever again!
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 6:37am
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Sorry PT ... just saw the confirmation that he has signed with the Bunnies.

I hadn't really been paying too much attention, but this explains why you had been so out of sorts of late ... that and the fact that the Dems are such an anchor around your neck of course!Cry.

Au contraire mon petit falafel. 

Latrell is about to implode. Robbo and the Roosters carried him for 4 years to 2 Premierships and State of Origin wins, letting him go walkabout when he was a bit fragile, buying a fill-in fullback for him when he wasn't coping, and this is the gratitude he shows. 

He is the Gladiators problem now. Good luck if the Bunnies can get him on track but they have their work cut out. Thumbs Up
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 7:30am

They will win the comp

I have to bite Shrunk.

If the Rabbits win the competition, in the next ten years, I will never ever ever post in the village ever again!

Why oh why would you be so silly 😜 
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 7:59pm

They will win the comp

I have to bite Shrunk.

Why oh why would you be so silly 😜 
because if mitchell doesn't lose the 30kg he's put on, Bennett will have to put him in the front row! He's as fat as a fool and is not keen on tackling. Same with Roberts - good attacking teams will target this pair and run straight through them.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 8:40pm
Think Latrells brothers are props. Think a few visionaries on here saw potential issues with him a few years back !
Refer ALP Election Promises
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 4:40pm
Fatrell the Bunny has sooked his way into fullback. He is going to have to shed a few stone to keep up the run meters a fullback does. Looks like he swallowed a wallaby in the off-season.

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 5:35pm
Has to be good reason why Easts let him go.

He wouldn't sing our anthem, maybe.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 5:45pm
They let all the problem kiddies go maxie, better for team harmony. 

Probably why they have so many trophies in recent years.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2020 at 4:40am
Add no salary cap to the list too
EAD
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2020 at 7:42am
Why doesn't the NRL audit them Tigg?

Oh that is right they do.Embarrassed
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 12:46pm
Well well wel, the Rorters are after Izzy, that will make you a very happy supporter PT   

Fingers crossed this happens
EAD
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 12:52pm
How good were they against St. Helens Tigg? Thumbs Up
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 12:57pm
How good has Izzy been for Catalans 👍

Would be a great fit for the Rorters
EAD
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 1:03pm
The West Tigers or whatever they call themselves need him much more than the Chooks do.

I always thought Wests were Magpies. No wonder they go like busteds, they have an identity crisis. Izzy is an expert on people with identity crisis, he will get you back on track Tigg.Thumbs Up

8 Grand finals and 4 Premierships this century.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 7:35am
Izzy and the Chooks, love it
EAD
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 7:39am
How much a season Tigg?

Pre homophobic hate episodes....$1.5m a year?
Post homophobic hate speech...$100k with a bonus of $200k if he doesn't re-offend.

He is in your price range now We dont need him.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 56>