Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

2020 Dead Pool

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 28>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

The only reason I won’t be doing it is that I still don’t know who won the past few years. Seems as bit pointless as a competition - I mean who is going to bother counting everybody else’s results.

Same here ... and I'm also concerned that if it gets close, and The Roosters don't win again, and Trump is re-elected, PT may get so desperate that he would cheat ... Dead
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Originally posted by VSP. VSP. wrote:

Give me a break darl.  LOL
You are in competition hoping that 10 people will drop off the perch!!! Dead
... spin it anyway you like, you can't have it both ways.Stern Smile  ................

On the contrary - I've chosen 10 people who I think 'might' depart during 2020, but I'm not "hoping" any of them will die Confused
If I was choosing people I was hoping would die....now that list would look very different. (and probably only have one or two on it!)
Perhaps that is where you are going wrong Darl ...... try choosing people that you think might die during the year rather than people that you are hoping will die soon.

The unintelligent think this thread is about hoping people die and celebrating death. Those with a functioning brain know that it’s quite the opposite - it’s celebrating/remembering people’s lives while having some harmless fun.

Oh, so NOW it's "harmless fun" ... say the humorless hypocrites ...Wink

The irony of someone who couldn’t get enough of the thread the last two years suddenly deciding it’s all too dark and in poor taste only moments after being called out for making possibly the only poor taste comment of the entire 2019 thread is truly delicious.

What were you saying about hypocrites?

Wake up E&E, nobody else is putting up a prize if you can death ride some old codger over the next 12 months ... YOU are the hypocrite ... you couldn't be prouder!!!Star

On the other hand, I am very transparent and honest ... I find the game abhorrent and do not wish to play, because in 2 years I haven't picked a Censored winner!!!Cry
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 4:46pm
How about a compromise position. Get Rusty to do the scoring & publish a monthly leaderboard. Will give everyone a chance !
Refer ALP Election Promises
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 4:48pm
Yes, I would trust rusty, if he provides Death Certificates ... and can Whale carry out a quarterly audit, just in case ... Thumbs Up
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 5:56pm

Originally posted by VSP. VSP. wrote:

Give me a break darl.  LOL
You are in competition hoping that 10 people will drop off the perch!!! Dead
... spin it anyway you like, you can't have it both ways.Stern Smile  ................

On the contrary - I've chosen 10 people who I think 'might' depart during 2020, but I'm not "hoping" any of them will die Confused
If I was choosing people I was hoping would die....now that list would look very different. (and probably only have one or two on it!)
Perhaps that is where you are going wrong Darl ...... try choosing people that you think might die during the year rather than people that you are hoping will die soon.

The unintelligent think this thread is about hoping people die and celebrating death. Those with a functioning brain know that it’s quite the opposite - it’s celebrating/remembering people’s lives while having some harmless fun.

Oh, so NOW it's "harmless fun" ... say the humorless hypocrites ...Wink

The irony of someone who couldn’t get enough of the thread the last two years suddenly deciding it’s all too dark and in poor taste only moments after being called out for making possibly the only poor taste comment of the entire 2019 thread is truly delicious.

What were you saying about hypocrites?

Wake up E&E, nobody else is putting up a prize if you can death ride some old codger over the next 12 months ... YOU are the hypocrite ... you couldn't be prouder!!!Star

On the other hand, I am very transparent and honest ... I find the game abhorrent and do not wish to play, because in 2 years I haven't picked a Censored winner!!!Cry

Yet it wasn’t abhorrent when you made your vile remarks about an ex-ALP premier. Thanks for the laughs bozo!

Proving my point about the unintelligent nicely Doc! Stick to posting your memes all day on Facebook, it’s right at your level.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 6:35pm
Blah, blah, blah .. piss off will ya!LOL

I really didn't imagine that you cared so much about people being offended in anonymous forums E&E!Wacko

... it's humbling to know I have a stalker of such "high morals" though!Wink
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 6:42pm

Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

So it is not literally deathriding people ? 

If you are playing the game and genuinely hoping these people cark it then that says more about you.

If you go through and read the previous year’s threads you will find the vast majority of the posts are from people celebrating the lives and achievements of those who have died. It is almost all positive. Infact I can only remember one post from anyone actually cheering someone’s death.

There are a few posts from people tongue in cheek mentioning their score but the reality is this comp is a sideshow to the main purpose of the thread.

I think that was me EE, and it was when George H Bush finally left us, and I will post it again, I hope he is enjoying his cell downstairs with the horned one!
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 6:42pm

Blah, blah, blah .. piss off will ya!LOL

I really didn't imagine that you cared so much about people being offended in anonymous forums E&E!Wacko

... it's humbling to know I have a stalker of such "high morals" though!Wink

Who’s caring about people being offended? That would be you dopey. Only seconds after posting the only offensive post in the thread.

Stalker? That’s cute!
If you had a stalker you would have known about it long before now. Just consider it one of several to follow the trail a clueless melon head left for all to see.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 6:48pm
I don't know the rules, but late entries should be allowed, since they receive no advantage, the opposite in fact! 

Good luck all of you ghouls!Big smile

Grahame Richardson
Donald Trump
A Rolling Stone (ok Keith)
Prince Philip
Ruth Bader Ginsburg
Kirk Douglas
Joe Biden
Prince Andrew
Lindsay Lohan
Jim Carrey
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 6:51pm

I don't know the rules, but late entries should be allowed, since they receive no advantage, the opposite in fact! 

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">
Grahame Richardson
Donald Trump
<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Prince Philip<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Ruth Bader Ginsburg<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Kirk Douglas
Joe Biden
Prince Andrew
Lindsay Lohan
Jim Carrey

Good luck! Try not to be too offended if you win.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 6:53pm
I'm pretty confident, and I'm counting on that bonus bet!Thumbs Up
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 6:53pm
Just ignore form.
Flight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Flight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 7:07pm
Thanks E&E

Giorgio Armani
Mel Brooks
Jane Fonda
Gary Hart
Barry Humphries
Olivia Newton-John
Alan Jones
Lindsay Lohan
John Singleton
Dick Van Dyke

I was trying to throw a rapper in as they appear to have high mortality rates however, I don't know any.

“The probability of a certain set of circumstances coming together in a meaningful (or tragic) way is so low that it simply cannot be considered mere coincidence. ”
― V.C. King
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 7:39pm

Grahame Richardson
Donald Trump
Prince Philip
Ruth Bader Ginsburg
Kirk Douglas
Joe Biden
Prince Andrew
Lindsay Lohan
Jim Carrey

E + E, points deducted ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 7:40pm
Kirk Douglas is 103 isn’t he? Would score 7 = 10 - 3
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by Flight Flight wrote:

Thanks E&E

Giorgio Armani
Mel Brooks
Jane Fonda
Gary Hart
Barry Humphries
Olivia Newton-John
Alan Jones
Lindsay Lohan
John Singleton
Dick Van Dyke

I was trying to throw a rapper in as they appear to have high mortality rates however, I don't know any.

You would not be Robinson Cruscoe not knowing any rappers, I would think 90% of the entrants would not know any either.
VSP. View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VSP. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 8:29pm
Jeez guys, how about we cool it hey? This fun thread is turning nasty ..... and we have a long, long way to go yet. So let's play nice
www.snowshoecats.webs.com
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 8:33pm
VSP's comment is spot on

Any further carry on will see posts disappearing.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 8:49pm
Nothing on tv but I thought my entertainment was taken care of with a good old fashioned barney. Had settled in nicely when a mod spoils my fun, not fair Ouch
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 8:55pm
I see you typing oneonesit Wink
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 8:57pm
Ok - I've decided to join the party. Only because the thought of collecting a $20 bonus Bet from E&E is worth $1000 to me in real terms. Also Saintly going MIA is great news.

* Alex McKinnon
* Raelene Castle
* James Packer
* George Foreman
* Alan Joyce
* Angry Anderson
* John Laws
* Peter Fitsimons
* Greta Thunberg
* Michael Schumacher

Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 9:01pm

Ok - I've decided to join the party. Only because the thought of collecting a $20 bonus Bet from E&E is worth $1000 to me in real terms. Also Saintly going MIA is great news.

* Alex McKinnon
* Raelene Castle
* James Packer
* George Foreman
* Alan Joyce
* Angry Anderson
* John Laws
* Peter Fitsimons
* Greta Thunberg
* Michael Schumacher

you have no chance, you allowed your personal hatreds to influence your selections, the only one to do so
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 9:05pm
Whale if your not going to contribute to this magnificent competition can you please stop sniping at those that are. Deary me !
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 12:14am
That looks like half a wish list oneone ... I like itThumbs Up ... but then, I am deplorableBig smile.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 1:40am

That looks like half a wish list oneone ... I like itThumbs Up ... but then, I am deplorableBig smile.

Disgusting thread but does generate HUGE interest , When the nominee is on your CIHM list.

Oneone gets this weeks prize for bravery and a chance at he bonus 100 points if Greta Thunberd gets lost at sea ,    saving our atmosphere.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 8:23am
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Disgusting thread but does generate HUGE interest , When the nominee is on your CIHM list.

Oneone gets this weeks prize for bravery and a chance at he bonus 100 points if Greta Thunberd gets lost at sea ,    saving our atmosphere.

this from the person who cries like a stuck pig that he is being abused in a disgusting post Confused

Oh hypocrisy , thy name is Maccamax
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 9:21am

Thanks E&E

Giorgio Armani
Mel Brooks
Jane Fonda
Gary Hart
Barry Humphries
Olivia Newton-John
Alan Jones
Lindsay Lohan
John Singleton
Dick Van Dyke

Jane Fonda won't cark it...she's too full of botox and wrinkle filler...then again, maybe she's already gone and we just can't see it. 

One more wife would do Singo in...wouldn't it? 

Wink
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 9:22am
I’m adding in Scomo
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 9:24am
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

* Alex McKinnon
* Raelene Castle
* James Packer
* George Foreman
* Alan Joyce
* Angry Anderson
* John Laws
* Peter Fitsimons
* Greta Thunberg
* Michael Schumacher

you have no chance, you allowed your personal hatreds to influence your selections, the only one to do so

this thread definitely shows up people's true colours...anyone wanting the death of a teenager who is following her heart and has principles, demonstrates the nominator has neither...

Angry
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 11:31am
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

Thanks E&E

Giorgio Armani
Mel Brooks
Jane Fonda
Gary Hart
Barry Humphries
Olivia Newton-John
Alan Jones
Lindsay Lohan
John Singleton
Dick Van Dyke

Jane Fonda won't cark it...she's too full of botox and wrinkle filler...then again, maybe she's already gone and we just can't see it. 

One more wife would do Singo in...wouldn't it? 

Wink

Completely agree about Jane Fonda.Thumbs Up
Hasnt Singo got a young woman on his arm at present, or at least much younger than him? A bit of wrinkle filler wouldnt do him any harm either LOL
Putting Alex McKinnon on that list is horrible, and way off key.  Why would you do that ?  Just because he is in a wheel chair ?
animals before people.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 28>