Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

2020 Dead Pool

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 28>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by Flight Flight wrote:

Oh crap!

Am I too late?

I can get my list in before lunch tomorrow......

Have a go, I’ll allow it as well the others who put on entires today.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by VSP. VSP. wrote:

Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

... really? 

Ok ... if you got a dictionary for Christmas, look up the word "Hypocrisy" ... you may see your own portrait!Wink

I guess you are referring to your own low act re John Cain's death?
I'm not wishing ill will to any of them darling, in fact I've once again given them the kiss of life to see next New Years in in style, as I've done in recent years. I'm rather disappointed one of my mob did die this past year.
Vastly different to your sinking the boot in to someone newly departed, but if you cant see the difference I'm not surprised. Try the urban dictionary for Richard Cranium .... they definitely have your photo plastered there Wink 
Happy New Year Doc, let's hope 2020 unsours you a bit hey Beer

Give me a break darl.  LOL

You are in competition hoping that 10 people will drop off the perch!!! Dead

... spin it anyway you like, you can't have it both ways.Stern Smile

Anyway, all the best for 2020, I hope that you are a dismal failure here, but back plenty of winners elsewhere Heart

... and FYI, I got a duck egg in 2018 AND 2019, so the kiss of life title is all locked up!Tongue

In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

... really? 

Ok ... if you got a dictionary for Christmas, look up the word "Hypocrisy" ... you may see your own portrait!Wink

I guess you are referring to your own low act re John Cain's death?
I'm not wishing ill will to any of them darling, in fact I've once again given them the kiss of life to see next New Years in in style, as I've done in recent years. I'm rather disappointed one of my mob did die this past year.
Vastly different to your sinking the boot in to someone newly departed, but if you cant see the difference I'm not surprised. Try the urban dictionary for Richard Cranium .... they definitely have your photo plastered there Wink 
Happy New Year Doc, let's hope 2020 unsours you a bit hey Beer

Bravo !!!! ClapClap

Wow, look! ... someone else who doesn't think they need a dictionary!LOLLOLLOL
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 11:18am
Former NBA commissioner David Stern an early casualty of 2020.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 11:23am
Think I had him. Thumbs Up
reductio ad absurdum
VSP. View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VSP. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 11:27am

... spin it anyway you like, you can't have it both ways.Stern Smile  ................

On the contrary - I've chosen 10 people who I think 'might' depart during 2020, but I'm not "hoping" any of them will die Confused
If I was choosing people I was hoping would die....now that list would look very different. (and probably only have one or two on it!)
Perhaps that is where you are going wrong Darl ...... try choosing people that you think might die during the year rather than people that you are hoping will die soon.
www.snowshoecats.webs.com
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 11:29am

... spin it anyway you like, you can't have it both ways.Stern Smile  ................

On the contrary - I've chosen 10 people who I think 'might' depart during 2020, but I'm not "hoping" any of them will die Confused
If I was choosing people I was hoping would die....now that list would look very different. (and probably only have one or two on it!)
Perhaps that is where you are going wrong Darl ...... try choosing people that you think might die during the year rather than people that you are hoping will die soon.

The unintelligent think this thread is about hoping people die and celebrating death. Those with a functioning brain know that it’s quite the opposite - it’s celebrating/remembering people’s lives while having some harmless fun.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 11:31am
So it is not literally deathriding people ? 
reductio ad absurdum
VSP. View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VSP. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 11:35am
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Not for me. Where you hoping David Stern would die soon djebel ?
www.snowshoecats.webs.com
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 11:36am

If you are playing the game and genuinely hoping these people cark it then that says more about you.

If you go through and read the previous year’s threads you will find the vast majority of the posts are from people celebrating the lives and achievements of those who have died. It is almost all positive. Infact I can only remember one post from anyone actually cheering someone’s death.

There are a few posts from people tongue in cheek mentioning their score but the reality is this comp is a sideshow to the main purpose of the thread.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 11:38am
The thread also serves as a tribute thread in one place for all well known people who die during the year.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 11:40am
I hope my first post in this thread indicates where I am coming from..........

reductio ad absurdum
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 11:42am
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

The unintelligent think this thread is about hoping people die and celebrating death. Those with a functioning brain know that it’s quite the opposite - it’s celebrating/remembering people’s lives while having some harmless fun.

Well I'm unintelligent fwiw , but I don't hope anyone on these lists die, if they do , that's life!
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 11:47am
I am with Djebel on this one, sorry E =E , I know it is your baby.Smile

As for being a tribute, that is a very long bow
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 11:49am
Try reading the previous threads, it is ALL tributes. There is no death celebration going on (except for one post).
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 11:55am

Try reading the previous threads, it is ALL tributes. There is no death celebration going on (except for one post).

Yes once they die, but the main reason for this thread is a bit of light - hearted "fun" predicting who will drop off the perch. I guess everyone is different, I don't see it a fun.
Anyway I have been guilty of posting deaths in here, I will now leave you to it Thumbs Up
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Yes once they die, but the main reason for this thread is a bit of light - hearted "fun" predicting who will drop off the perch. I guess everyone is different, I don't see it a fun.
Anyway I have been guilty of posting deaths in here, I will now leave you to it Thumbs Up

Of course after they die. Hard to do an obituary beforehand.

If you feel guilty about posting tributes that’s cool. There will be plenty of others who will continue to remember the lives of notable people.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Deary me - touch precious. This coming from a bloke who offers to kill people for nothing
Refer ALP Election Promises
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 12:11pm
The only reason I won’t be doing it is that I still don’t know who won the past few years. Seems as bit pointless as a competition - I mean who is going to bother counting everybody else’s results.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

The only reason I won’t be doing it is that I still don’t know who won the past few years. Seems as bit pointless as a competition - I mean who is going to bother counting everybody else’s results.

You mean you’re too lazy to count your own? That’s the requirement remember.

Saintly is clubhouse leader for 2019. Will give another week for anyone else to report their scores before awarding the prize. Winner may have been mentioned in the 2018 thread as well so navigate over there if you’re actually interested.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 12:14pm
oneonesit appears sporadically these days and only to have a snide dig at me, except when posting 34 times in one day in the Folau thread Embarrassed

It seems he has his computer hooked up so the bells and whistles activate whenever I post,  #SAD Cry
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 12:14pm
I think most people wouldn't know who was gone from their lists oneone. It isn't about hoping people die and keeping score, rather just a reason for engaging in the thread.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 12:18pm

All of us celebrated Ivan Milat, but was that a seperate thread, and did anyone have him ???
animals before people.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

All of us celebrated Ivan Milat, but was that a seperate thread, and did anyone have him ???
Your supposed to check yourself Acacia. Which nobody will bother doing by the way.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 12:37pm

That’s true. There are certain people like Milat who’s death was of course a happy event for many. He is the exception though. Basically there has only been one or two posts cheering the death of non-milat types.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Your supposed to check yourself Acacia. Which nobody will bother doing by the way.

Yes, nobody will bother checking when a $20 bonus bet is up for grabs. I’m sure several have checked already but since Saintly’s score will be hard to beat I doubt many/any will post.
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 12:57pm
Few more of those type that I won’t be sad about when they cark it
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 3:53pm

Oh, so NOW it's "harmless fun" ... say the humorless hypocrites ...Wink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 4:06pm

Oh, so NOW it's "harmless fun" ... say the humorless hypocrites ...Wink

The irony of someone who couldn’t get enough of the thread the last two years suddenly deciding it’s all too dark and in poor taste only moments after being called out for making possibly the only poor taste comment of the entire 2019 thread is truly delicious.

What were you saying about hypocrites?

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 4:28pm

Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 28>