Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Tagaloa

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2020 at 7:46pm
Really hope he goes Sires not Slipper. Put on a flukey multi before the Blue Diamond win - Alligator Blood, tick, Te Akau Shark, tick... just need Tag to win the Sires.
pnclick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnclick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2020 at 6:17pm

Unfortunately not nominated for the Sires.

Edited by Gay3 - 02 Mar 2020 at 6:35pm
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2020 at 6:20pm
Don't tell me that. Surely?!
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2020 at 7:11pm
Just checked and he is now in the noms for the sires
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2020 at 7:35pm
Moral.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2020 at 7:53pm
Pretty sure he is going to the Slipper next.
reductio ad absurdum
pnclick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnclick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 1:33am
I must be blind.... He is NOT in the sires...

I know one of the owners, and unfortunately said to him why are you going for the Blue Diamond, you will WIN the sires Produce, instead of running 5th or 6th in the Blue Diamond and Collecting 20k in prizemoney... well.... egg on my face!!!!
pnclick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnclick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 1:49am
actually nommed for The Black Opal sunday....
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 10:08pm
What did we all make of his run in the Todman Slipper Trial?

Can he win the GS? Or is he better off in the Sire Produce Stks?
Balciano View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balciano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 10:22pm
I thought he was really good LH. Don't know what he ran his closing sectionals in but impressive to the eye.

I mentioned in another thread that his racing style reminds me of a 2 yr old you'd remember well, Canny Lad in that he can be under heavy pressure at the 600 yet continue find the line strongly.

Looks like he wants 1400 now but you'd think the pressure of a Golden Slipper would suit him down to the ground.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 11:38pm
Betting indicated a ride to " win if you can but don't cut him in half", anti- clockwise didn't appear to faze him , if he draws inside 8 he wins imo, outside gate the B.D.result will hold up, if wet and she draws a gate Mildred the wild card.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2020 at 12:51am
That should be clockwise.
Pardon_My_Dust View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2020 at 8:36am
Disagree his run was great but he was pushed along to keep his spot. Will need to have more zip in his legs with the big field in the Slipper could easily get lost.

Horse in front Farnan was running time so Tagaloa was a great run.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2020 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Betting indicated a ride to " win if you can but don't cut him in half", anti- clockwise didn't appear to faze him , if he draws inside 8 he wins imo, outside gate the B.D.result will hold up, if wet and she draws a gate Mildred the wild card.

Perfect draw and in an ideal world can win, but the worlds not ideal at the moment, should boxseat , ease out coming to the corner and be too strong , Hanseatic draws well also, will settle better than midfield and has strong finish , track will be a good 4 if forecasts hold up so my wild card Mildred who has drawn v/wide will have to "fly" the gates to get across for a chance at some prize money, happy punting to all as this is a very interesting race.
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2020 at 1:42pm
Craig Williams booked for the Guineas. 
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2020 at 2:13pm
His performance in the RUpert Clarke whilst admiral, you'd hope would be well below classic level.

He does now have a far superior jockey on board.

reductio ad absurdum
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2020 at 3:41pm
I think you area little harsh djebel.

He was three wide and kicked on. It was a solid rating race and unless they break a track record in the Golden Rose I do not think any of those 3yo's could have done any better with the run that he had.

I have always thought he was a 1400 1600m horse so to me what he has done so far in his career is a bonus.

Not saying he will win the guineas, but if you liked him before the Rupert Clarke, then I do not think you jump off because of his run there! 
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Grey Affair View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grey Affair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2020 at 4:29pm
I thought Tagaloa was outstanding in the Rupert Clarke. Second best run in the race behind the winner & he will be very hard to beat in the Guineas.

rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2020 at 4:53pm
Going to improve 4 lengths with a change of jock.
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2020 at 5:00pm
Who was the last BD - Guineas winner? Alinghi?
Time is a flat circle
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2020 at 6:25pm
Correctamundo TJ.

Redoute's Choice the last for the boys.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2020 at 6:37pm
And just to add some useless information, Alinghi visited Redoute's Choice four times for just one foal, a minor city winner named Defender.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2020 at 9:54pm
My records have Catchy and Bel Esprit, as the only Diamond winners who have even raced in the Guineas this century, and with Bel Esprit winning, and Catchy running third I would say the inconclusive evidence is that it can be done.

However as I said I am not sure Tagaloa can win it but just saying if you did like him before the race last week, then that run would not have dented your enthusiasm.  
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Nick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2020 at 9:36am
Helenus beat Bel Esprit in the Guineas
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2020 at 10:38pm
I think he's a good chance in the Guineas. Glenfiddich his biggest danger.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 12:23pm

Star colt Tagaloa is set to have scans on Monday following his last in Saturday’s Caulfield Guineas.

The three-year-old was well supported in betting, but was the first horse beaten in the run, tailing off to be beaten by 18 lengths.

Co-trainer Trent Busuttin said connections would know more following Monday’s scans.

“He is a bit sore in front and we will know more (Monday), basically.” Busuttin said.

Speaking after the race, jockey Craig Williams said Tagaloa “failed to respond to my riding”.

“He failed to hold his position mid-race. I was concerned but I was happy to let him travel at that stage,” Williams said.

“All of a sudden he just kept losing ground really quickly. I never fully tested him.

“I eased him down and it will be interesting to see how he comes through the run.”

Glenfiddich mentioned above has had a minor throat op. & gone for a spell.

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Brudder_A View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brudder_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 3:52pm
What a disappointing ride that was!

5 horses and 3 wide the whole way.

Any other observations?

marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 3:59pm
those outside barriers in small fields can be tricky. Maybe it jumped too well so snagging back wasn't an option. Good run under the circumstances
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 4:01pm
He'll make a nice stallion. 
reductio ad absurdum
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by Brudder_A Brudder_A wrote:

What a disappointing ride that was!

5 horses and 3 wide the whole way.

Any other observations?

He's definately not a shirker , was getting hammered before the corner but kept giving , I was hoping he might have furnished a bit more , imo jury's out .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>