Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

The Greens

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 55>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 8:34am
Bandt doesn't have to do or say anything at the moment. Just sit back and enjoy the sh*tshow that is the imploding Coalition.

You dont do anything to distract from your opponents blowing themselves up....basic rule.
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 10:27am
PT, both you and myself have been wrong Adam Ant has been banging on twitter over the past few days banging on about a" Green New Deal"....

If we are going to beat the climate crisis, transform our economy and look after people along the way, we’re going to need everyone to buy in. That includes business.

That’s why, today, I’ve written to business leaders to introduce them to our plan for a Green New Deal and invite them to be involved. Done right, the transformation means more jobs and prosperity for all

Take a look and help spread the word: Australia needs a Green New Deal! www.gnd.org.au

Australia needs a Green New Deal - but we won't get there without hard work.

Here's my promise to you:

Over the coming months I will be travelling across the country meeting people in town halls, community centres and kitchen tables, to talk how a Green New Deal can provide the hope and the action we need to solve the climate crisis.

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 10:39am
Green New Deal is not so new Bob, it has been policy of the progressive left in America, led by Bernie, AOC and others for over a year. The earlier Democratic debates featured it, but as it hadn't been accurately defined it dropped off a bit. Greens here started using the term last year.
It is basically just the transitioning to a green clean renewable economy, something all govts will be taking on in some form eventually.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2020 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Green New Deal is not so new Bob, it has been policy of the progressive left in America, led by Bernie, AOC and others for over a year. The earlier Democratic debates featured it, but as it hadn't been accurately defined it dropped off a bit. Greens here started using the term last year.
It is basically just the transitioning to a green clean renewable economy, something all govts will be taking on in some form eventually.

Give TBV a dose of it ,    Business is so slow .

5---10 hours between posts.
Shows there is a price to pay , when a couple of carnivores / predators
(whatever) are on the loose, unchecked , over long periods.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2020 at 10:03pm
The Old Green New Deal is such a winner for the Dems - I'm certain it will help the Labor/Greens Collusion just as much ... 

Image result for laughing gif

In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 5:52am
As soon as coal is electoral poison the Lieberals will steal the Green New Deal off the Greens and claim it as their economic revolution.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 9:13am
Hey Bob, this from Bandt's recent Green New Deal interview that I presume you are referencing.

Seems he thinks he is comfortable being one of your mob.Shocked

It’s a difficult balance to strike for any Greens leader. On the one hand, Labor offers a potential future at the big table, where real decisions are made. On the other, Labor and the Greens are often fighting each other for votes in crucial seats, particularly in inner-city Sydney and Melbourne. On this last point, Bandt is adamant: No party ‘owns’ anyone’s vote, and every party should have to fight for it. He says he’s not afraid to take votes off the Labor party, even if the possible consequence of that is more Coalition government.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 9:47am

Hey Bob, this from Bandt's recent Green New Deal interview that I presume you are referencing.

Seems he thinks he is comfortable being one of your mob.Shocked

It’s a difficult balance to strike for any Greens leader. On the one hand, Labor offers a potential future at the big table, where real decisions are made. On the other, Labor and the Greens are often fighting each other for votes in crucial seats, particularly in inner-city Sydney and Melbourne. On this last point, Bandt is adamant: No party ‘owns’ anyone’s vote, and every party should have to fight for it. He says he’s not afraid to take votes off the Labor party, even if the possible consequence of that is more Coalition government.

I see they haven't learned anything.Cry

the best is the enemy of the good

Should be the motto of the Greens.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 9:49am
Greens have made that colour , unpopular

Lets face the unfairness of life in general
      It's a tough road if your not as Pretty/Handsome as the opponent.
    Sarah wins in a canter , straight from a casting couch.

I move we put the African gang members into Green Seat, Public housing.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 4:50pm
I see Adam Bandt, the leader of the Greens, is proposing the federal government spend an extra $300 billion, on top of the $230 billion the government has already committed to welfare, to "get the economy moving. "

He proposes this extra money be spent on "free stuff " from free tertiary education, free childcare, free 500,000 homes for public housing on top of his policy for Australia to be 100%  reliable on renewable energy by 2030. His package promises a guaranteed job for everyone and a permanent doubling of the dole. To create all these billions he proposes massive tax increases for business and for individuals dressed up as "taxing the rich ". I do not know where he is going to find these "rich" because with a recession, if not a depression on the horizon, I doubt there will be too many "rich" around to pick up the tab.

The only other countries where these Utopian policies were ever promised in recent times were USSR, Zimbabwe and Venezuela  and we all know how they finished up.

How this bloke is ever given any air time, even on the ABC, astounds me,  he and and his party is like a watermelon, Green on the outside but Red in the centre,
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 5:01pm
You make a very good case regarding the Greens Bob.Thumbs Up

They're almost as pathetically irrelevant as is the Victorian State Opposition.OuchDeadClown
Baguette View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baguette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 5:23pm
The only good thing about the greens is that they unite coalition and labor voters as nothing else can. Everybody hates them!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 5:30pm
I agree with you Bob, $300 billion might not be enough but they are on the right track.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 5:50pm

I agree with you Bob, $300 billion might not be enough but they are on the right track.
Where does any government get that money, print it or tax the rich, if there are any left after the recession ? Utopia is only in the eyes of the economically ignorant, of which captain Bandt and his hopeless crew are lead by first mate Sarah Hanson Young.
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 5:50pm
He can propose what he likes, Bob, but others will dispose. At least he is putting his cards on the table.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 5:55pm
Yes Bob, steady quantitative easing. We are a consumer economy. You have to drive demand and secure and create jobs. Dont want 1929 over again with 25% unemployment. Our economy has been too tight for decades with almost zero wages growth. Now is the opportunity to dtive it out of this ditch.

Trickle down supply side 50 year failed approach wont do it.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 6:01pm
Sorry PT, did I miss someone pushing the totally real world discredited "trickle down effect"?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 6:13pm
ScoMo and Friedenberg will snap back to that default position as soon as they can. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 6:43pm

Yes Bob, steady quantitative easing. We are a consumer economy. You have to drive demand and secure and create jobs. Dont want 1929 over again with 25% unemployment. Our economy has been too tight for decades with almost zero wages growth. Now is the opportunity to dtive it out of this ditch.

The flawed reasoning of the Greens:

Any rational economist knows that inflation, created by quantitative easing, wipes out the real value of government debt, and that’s the Green's plan. Governments can borrow and spend and not worry about paying the bills because inflation wipes out the debt.

Unfortunately, inflation also wipes out your savings, insurance, annuities, bonds, retirement income, and other fixed-income assets. The Greens don’t care about you; they care about big government spending programs.

horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 6:49pm
During and after the GFC the US Fed embarked on a massive quantitative easing as did several other countries.

Inflation remained low.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 6:53pm
Who does care about ME, Bob ?
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 8:35pm
I do Max ..     It destroys me to see such a good man drifting to the Joe Biden disaster.        . We Lost PT to a similar fate some years ago.
Not even the magic of Scamanda could save him.
   But we conservatives are very forgiving and we are kind to our prisoners.
Mr Prospector View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Prospector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by horlicks horlicks wrote:

During and after the GFC the US Fed embarked on a massive quantitative easing as did several other countries.

Inflation remained low.

Your 100% right Horlicks , QE is a theoretical inflation driver that's rolled all the time .I've never seen a real world example.
What peaked my interest ages ago was the Japanese 1997 crash that was particular to the Japanese economy. It was caused again by a real estate bubble I believe.
The government came to the rescue and hence the Japanese economy has struggled with stagflation for the next 23 years . 
QE does not appear to drive inflation and may well have the opposite effect .
There are three types of lies - Lies ,Damn Lies and Statistics
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 8:47pm
I'm expecting Death Duties , Inflation, 15% GST to pay most of the wasted dollars on this heavy Cold a few got.      If the Medico's had been worth their salt we would have had a vaccine years ago.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

Who does care about ME, Bob ?

We all do, the forum needs members like yourself, I could name a few others, whose contributions get themselves plenty of points , but are of little rational content, as opposed to those who do not accumulate points and provide the rational content to illustrate the opposite point of view.
BTW, do those points get fly buys with Virgin or Qantas ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 10:02pm
These points seem to play on your mind, Bob !
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 10:04pm
You know Virgins are on the way out Bob, I did see a few but they were in flight , but Qantas , tho defiant, may be in action again.
Posts get you your points , as you can see by PT getting 40000 on the President Thread. he will get plenty with two elections coming up near November.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 7:18am
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

The flawed reasoning of the Greens:

Any rational economist knows that inflation, created by quantitative easing, wipes out the real value of government debt, and that’s the Green's plan. Governments can borrow and spend and not worry about paying the bills because inflation wipes out the debt.

Unfortunately, inflation also wipes out your savings, insurance, annuities, bonds, retirement income, and other fixed-income assets. The Greens don’t care about you; they care about big government spending programs.

From the RBA May COVID-19 meeting:

Members agreed that the Bank's policy package was working broadly as expected. The package had helped to lower funding costs and stabilise financial conditions, and was supporting the economy. The package had also contributed to a significant improvement in the functioning of government bond markets, and the 3-year Australian Government bond yield was at the target of around 25 basis points. Given these developments, the Bank had scaled back the size and frequency of bond purchases. The Bank was prepared to scale up these purchases again, if necessary, to achieve the yield target and ensure bond markets remain functional. The yield target was expected to remain in place until progress was made towards the goals for full employment and inflation.

In the various scenarios for the Australian economy considered by the Board, the labour market was expected to have ongoing spare capacity, and inflation was expected to be below 2 per cent over the following few years. 

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 7:33am
PS Bob, Morrison says coal is dead, invest in renewables topped up by gas. 

Infrastructure spending = stimulus

This coming depression is too serious to muck around with your silly greedy Neo-Con agenda. 

RUOK Bob? Shocked

Morrison government climate action plan hot on gas, cool on coal

A new wave of spending on energy projects to cut Australia's carbon emissions is on the way under a contentious federal government plan that sidelines coal but highlights gas as a key fuel for the future.

Vowing to build on more than $10 billion already spent on clean energy, the Morrison government will name electric vehicles, batteries, renewables and gas as some of the key technologies it will support....

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/morrison-government-climate-action-plan-hot-on-gas-cool-on-coal-20200520-p54uw9.html

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 7:42am
That will put the cat among the pigeons.     Plus lose half the seats they hold .      Has to be Fake News.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 55>