Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

The Greens

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 55>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 4:28pm
More than our share maxie
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 4:28pm
If that Melbourne demo goes ahead, I will sign up to Baghdad Bob's chapter of Andrews haters.
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 4:30pm
Andrews will not stop the demonstration, 99.9% of them would vote for him or the Greens and he knows it
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 4:30pm
Haven't they already had some in Sydney, Perth Brisbane?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 4:33pm
They should have been fined for breaking restrictions, if that Melbourne BS goes ahead, I can see the average person's tolerance for restrictions, evaporating.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 4:34pm
So many of those types of demos serve only one purpose, the "warm inner glow", they change nothing else.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 5:42pm
Those types of demos bring out the nutters in  force.
Very hard to keep it peaceful when you have every nazi sympathiser, white supremers, KKKs, and radical blacks , all  milling around begging a chance to go at each other.
animals before people.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Did I see Aboriginal kids being abused by police in yesterday in Sydney Bob?

Actually yes, I didn't imagine it, and I believe they have been suspended pending investigation.

We dont need coppers proving the protesters in America right.

So you saw the video?
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 11:34am
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

Apparently this morning on the ABC programs on JJJ, Radio National and AM, presenters encouraged aborigines and others to take up the case for the "injustice" that aborigines have suffered since Governor Philip landed at Sydney Cove in 1788, just as African - Americans have suffered at the hands of whites in the US.
Talk about the ABC pouring petrol on the fire to encourage protests on the pretext of the death of an individual in Minnesota.
I do not know whether Andrew Bolt is reading this website and is pinching my work, but in this morning's press he refers exactly to ABC presenters ..
Race riots are destroying the US. Yet the ABC is now trying to import the toxic race politics that inspired this mayhem into Australia. I knew our national broadcaster was biased, but I didn’t realise it was so dangerous.More than 40 American cities have imposed lockdowns. Mobs torch buildings, and stone and shoot police. Swarms of looters ransack shops.Yet ABC presenters see in this anarchy a glorious revolution.So they urge Australians to not just feel rage at the killing in Minneapolis of a black man, George Floyd, by a white police officer, but to rage at supposed racism here.“Australians need to turn their outrage at police brutality in the US to action in their own backyard,” preached the ABC’s Triple J. And on the ABC’s Radio National Breakfast, presenter Fran Kelly invited Labor frontbencher Linda Burney to do just that: “Should we all of us being using there race riots in the US as a moment to reflect on the problems here at home?” Yes, said Burney, but the ABC didn’t need her permission. It was already insisting racist police were also killing black men in custody here, too. Get angry!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 11:47am
As you original quote was pretty much word for word what Bolt said on Tuesday on Sky News and repeated in the Herald Sun yesterday, I presumed you took it from him.

You not forgetting stuff are you Bob?

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 4:01pm
Naughty Black kids -----    Maybe the same ones who used to enter The Prince Henry Hospital and steal the Medical monitors from Patients in the Neurology Ward I worked in.

Little Darlings from around La Perouse ----   hard to stop short of a gun shot but Deaths in Custody was all the go then and suicide threats .

Few took the offer of the rope to do it though.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 8:53pm
It's only a race crime if it's white on black, anything else the usual excuses come out
EAD
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 9:40am
And equality feels like oppression to racists, trying to take away my white privileged right to abuse people I fear.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 10:06am
why do you feel you have the right to abuse people 🥴
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 10:16am
I have never racially abused anyone in my life. Have you?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 10:24am
No. I see no difference between individuals due to their skin colour.

Culture is the driver of “differences”
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 10:26am
I believe that is what I said 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 10:27am
along with economic, educational and general systemic hurdles placed on the quest for that equality.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 10:34am
I see no hurdles in modern Australia, om the contrary, there are schemes designed to preferentially assist the indigenous. If anything limits them, it is entrenched attitudes within their own ranks.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 10:36am
Originally posted by TIGER TIGER wrote:

It's only a race crime if it's white on black, anything else the usual excuses come out

And the numbers of those whites that are racist is extremely small but you’d think , the way it’s portrayed, that every white person is a racist 

This current situation is proof of that
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 10:38am
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

I see no hurdles in modern Australia, om the contrary, there are schemes designed to preferentially assist the indigenous. If anything limits them, it is entrenched attitudes within their own ranks.

Beat me to it Max.

You are 100% correct. Wether you are White, yellow, brindle, purple or brown the people who succeed are the ones who want to
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 10:46am
The schemes may be the same but is access the same? There is no discrimination in Australia?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 11:52am
Correct, I don’t believe aboriginals are discriminated upon by Australians
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 12:56pm
Gee, its usually SC, Afros and a couple of others hammering me for being racist.Stern Smile  Of course racist is when you dont believe all the PC stuff thats pumped out now, and dare to say what you are seeing.
Anyone who believes that any one particular welfare group ( be they indigenous, or other groups be they of colour or ethnic ) , doesnt know about all the help , especially $$ wise, thats out there for them, must be living under a rock. Not only do most of them know whats on offer, they know how to work the system to collect more than they are entitled to.
Its not that they dont get financial help , its how they choose to spend it that does them no good.
animals before people.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 10:04am
Of course we are all racist.

When did you last invite an indigenous person for Dinner.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 10:41am
Very true Macca. I haven’t got a racist bone in my body. I hate everybody the same
Refer ALP Election Promises
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 10:42am
So what’s actually changed here in Australia this morning ?
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 10:45am
& we all know why our indigenous folk are over represented in the Big House don’t we ? Pretty bloody obvious I would have thought .
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 10:47am
& wheres Doc when you want the issue dissected rationally & calmly ?
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 10:49am
    Yes 1-1--- We do all know .

The old test --- Who would you rent your investment property to .

AND Who you wouldn't rent it to.       Be honest and then ask yourself
Is that racism or Common Sense.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 55>