Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Here Is The News

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 188>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 11:15pm
It was reported he was a cranbrook boy.
So family had plenty.
But drugs got hold him, and he’s been a waste of space for years.
He was in prison, when he met the mother (also in prison) online…
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 11:23pm
 My brother-in-law sent his son to Cranbrook, on the hope he'd become one of the 'elite'. 

Within a year, the son wanted out. He said drugs were rife all through the school. One of his mates walked off a cliff under the influence of cocaine. So much for making elite contacts...

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 7:56am
Hard to generalise on private school education, whether it be Cranbrook in Sydney or say, Scotch College in Melbourne, all schools including public have drug issues, in comparison to when I went school smoking and drinking were the issues. My sons went to a private school and went on to university to become a civil engineer and a law graduate, so as parent I had no complaints with their private school education.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 8:20am
The eastern suburbs cocaine set must have gone to school somewhere and I don't think it was Rooty Hill Public.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 9:01am
 Cranbrook has a definite reputation...

stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 9:10am
I'm a private school boy and have taught at them. The parents didn't all get their money through honest work ya know.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 9:19am
Until the Atlassian dude popped up the only thing I knew about Cranbrook is that it was where those intellectual giants the Packers went to school.

Simon Cameron

Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 11:15am
Tla, Living in Melbourne, I no little of Cranbrook, but for your edification below is a lost of some of its Old Boys

Not all duds , eh ?
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 1:43pm
Guessing his lawyers will use the "mental illness " defence .  Of course he has mental problems, all caused by drug use, so why should that get him any favours.  You choose to be a drug user ,,fine, as long as it doesnt impact on other people and their lives I have no problems with that.
If it impacts on others, and you are too piss weak to get off the stuff, then pay the price for whatever you do.
The mother is just as guilty as him.
animals before people.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

Tla, Living in Melbourne, I no little of Cranbrook, but for your edification below is a lost of some of its Old Boys

Not all duds , eh ?
Not sure about Jodee Rich or Rodney Alder Baghdad. And would you call James Packer a business whizz kid. Think he may well have struggled without Daddy's loot to get him going
Refer ALP Election Promises
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 2:34pm
Think James may have ditched his old mans business values for the dark side of making a quick quid via the dark side (gambling). Grubby business  - shark infested environment in the main.
Refer ALP Election Promises
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 2:45pm
And worse.
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 5:24pm
Well yeah, of course it did

Time is a flat circle
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 5:49pm
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 6:27pm
Gees Stayer ..     You and me , ( being the educated ones here ) are subject to some strange Headlines .

FANCY =    Perth Bomb explodes in Perth.

Where the fk else would it explode.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 6:32pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 6:38pm
macca just repeating the joke for those in the nosebleed section LOL
Time is a flat circle
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 6:42pm
With a joke underneath it about the dressmaker section.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 6:44pm
LOLClap
Time is a flat circle
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 8:06pm
 some intelligent discussions going on, tonight...

and it isn't Wednesday.

Is there a full moon?

Ermm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 10:09pm
TBV is on fire tonight !!!Thumbs Up  The conversation and observations are amazing.  LOL
animals before people.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2022 at 3:31pm
Was listening to the BBC last night about the kerfuffle Whooping Goldberg made after her claim that the holocaust was not about race but mans inhumanity to man on the show " The View " , I thought , well my dear wasn't your Civil War about race ? but then again also mans inhumanity to others , oh and money too ! Big smile
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2022 at 4:37pm
That old chestnut. Is Judaism a race or religion?

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2022 at 5:40pm

Whoopi Goldberg Suspended From 'The View' Over Holocaust Comments

"While Whoopi has apologized, I’ve asked her to take time to reflect and learn about the impact of her comments," ABC's president said.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2022 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

That old chestnut. Is Judaism a race or religion?

I never went that deep PT LOL chicken or the egg for me . Wink
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2022 at 9:48pm
"it involved “two white groups of people.” "

It always comes back to black and white...

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2022 at 9:42am
And they tell us only whites are racist Stern Smile
animals before people.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2022 at 11:26am
 Yes...

Ermm
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2022 at 4:06pm
"Let’s be truthful about it because [the] Holocaust isn’t about race," Goldberg said. "It's not about race. It’s about man's inhumanity to man."

When Goldberg's co-hosts challenged that — including Ana Navarro saying that the Holocaust was "about white supremacy" — Goldberg said, "But these are two white groups of people... This is white people doing it to white people, so y’all going to fight amongst yourselves."

In some ways, what she said is right. It's all in the interpretation of 'race' and whether race is religion...or vice-versa. 

Whoopi identifies as Jewish...

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2022 at 4:16pm
There is a lot of debate among scientists over there is such a thing as race.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_(human_categorization)#Modern_scholarship

Simon Cameron

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 188>