Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Here Is The News

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 196>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Here Is The News
    Posted: 42 minutes ago at 10:49pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

And I do not think that is being racist - it’s purely a factual observation.
But, you know that’s how every racist,pre- emps a racist comment.

Just saying 

You need to get out and about a bit, and see what many people say.
If thats the most racist thing you have seen,  you are living under a rock.
But I never said that’s the most racist thing I’ve seen.
Why would you infer I did ?

Apparently the KKK also denied they were racist.

Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1 hour 27 minutes ago at 10:04pm

The guilty party was born and raised in Australia by parents who are reportedly of the same born and raised in Australia heritage.

Rubbish.

How so?

The guy was born here, his parents background hasn't been reported (at least that I have seen) but in their interview with the media they had Australian accents and certainly didn't come across as being of the 3rd world that your original comment suggested.

People with mental health issues come from all walks of life and this was a guy with mental health issues who was not taking his medication, his parents said as much.

Your asinine comment about the third world was strait from the One Nation play-book and this one word response only doubles down on the comment being asinine.
Seeing Manchester United relegated would mean more than words can describe to me.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1 hour 30 minutes ago at 10:01pm

Just saying 

You need to get out and about a bit, and see what many people say.
If thats the most racist thing you have seen,  you are living under a rock.
animals before people.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1 hour 54 minutes ago at 9:37pm
“News Group are claiming they are entirely innocent of the things I had accused the Sun of doing,” Hugh Grant posted on X on Wednesday. “As is common with entirely innocent people, they are offering me an enormous sum of money to keep this matter out of court.”
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1 hour 58 minutes ago at 9:33pm

Just saying 
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2 hours 35 minutes ago at 8:56pm
A couple of weeks ago there was a report ( I think in the AFR) that Stokes could be looking at offloading channel 7.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3 hours 59 minutes ago at 7:32pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Channel 7 is having a very bad trot of late Bob. One can almost certainly predict a number of higher level departures "seeking new challenges" or "retirements".  

And right on cue:  

Chief executive James Warburton leaving Seven Network immediately

The boss of the Seven Network, which has been under fire following several scandals, will leave the company immediately.

SWM chairman Kerry Stokes and Mr Howard both thanked Mr Warburton for his contribution to the business over many years.

The statement to the ASX did not give a reason for Mr Warburton’s earlier than expected departure from the company.

But Seven West Media has faced several scandals recently, including the fallout from the interview with Bruce Lehrmann on its Spotlight program.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9 hours 57 minutes ago at 1:34pm

Could you imagine that riot the other night happening outside a Church of England or Roman Catholic Church ?

Or a synagog ? 
As against the mob we saw the other night, and the mob on the opera house steps a few weeks ago ?
What did that " christian " mob outside the church hope to achieve by wrecking police cars and neighbours property ? 
animals before people.
mc41 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 hours 22 minutes ago at 1:09pm

And I do not think that is being racist - its purely a factual observation.

I’m not being racist but 
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 hours 50 minutes ago at 12:41pm
Refer ALP Election Promises
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 hours 7 minutes ago at 12:24pm
And I do not think that is being racist - its purely a factual observation.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 hours 8 minutes ago at 12:23pm
Actually - forget the "imagining" bit - have you ever "seen" a riot outside those Churches as was seen the other night ?
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 hours 10 minutes ago at 12:21pm
Could you imagine that riot the other night happening outside a Church of England or Roman Catholic Church ?
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 hours 13 minutes ago at 12:18pm
Yesterday when talking to my second-generation Australian physiotherapist he said after WW2 when his parents migrated to Australia from war-torn Europe like all the immigrants at that time they were thankful they could come to Australia and assimilate into Australia for what it offered. free speech, a country to bring up their children in peace and harmony, if they were prepared to have a go they could be successful etc etc.  
People who come today from India or China also embrace Australia for those same reasons but he said because we are letting immigrants from parts of Africa and the Middle East we are sadly becoming a different country because they are bringing with them issues of their former homelands.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 hours 15 minutes ago at 12:16pm
If that's the most racist thing you have seen for years Rusty you need to get out more.

mc41 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 hours 54 minutes ago at 11:37am

Originally posted by Sister Dot Sister Dot wrote:

Two M words come to mind for the above conversations - multiculturalism and meth Geek

Good old multiculturalism.  
"If you import the third world you become the third world "
Just have a look at Paris now.
That’s just about the most racist thing I’ve seen for years.
You’re a disgrace.
Oh boy get ready 🤨
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 hours 10 minutes ago at 1:21am
You’re a disgrace.

Like your opinion means anything to me .
You cant tell the difference between truth and b$.
Get out more and listen to what people are saying before you become holier than thou.
If thats even possible.
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 hours 11 minutes ago at 1:20am
The guilty party was born and raised in Australia by parents who are reportedly of the same born and raised in Australia heritage.

Rubbish.
animals before people.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 11:22pm
 Gai wants all 'mad' people locked up. 

She doesn't explain who determines what constitutes 'madness'.

Someone who slaughters five hundred horses might be one.

Censored
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 10:27pm

Two M words come to mind for the above conversations - multiculturalism and meth Geek

You’re a disgrace.

I thought the exact same thing when I read that.

Rightards: Its all because of multiculturalism and importing third world immigrants.
Seeing Manchester United relegated would mean more than words can describe to me.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 9:38pm

You’re a disgrace.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 9:18pm

More than 500 horse carcasses have been found near a property in the New South Wales Riverina region.

Wagga Wagga City Council and NSW Police are investigating reports the horses had been butchered and their carcasses were left in a dry creek bed.

"Once the inspection of the property commenced it became clear that the slaughtering of horses had been occurring for a long period of time," a council spokesperson said.

"Numerous separate dumps of carcasses were discovered at locations throughout the property.

"It is estimated that there are in excess of 500 horse carcasses.

"Some of these carcasses were no more than skeletal remains while others were killed relatively recently."

Once the extent of the operation had been identified NSW Police and other state government agencies began collecting evidence for possible offences and regulatory actions under a range of NSW State Government legislation
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 9:17pm

animals before people.
mc41 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 8:16pm
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

The man who was wrongly named as the Bondi Junction attacker has taken the first in step in launching legal proceedings against Channel 7.

Benjamin Cohen, who was incorrectly identified as the knife attacker by Seven on Sunday, has engaged two of Australia’s foremost defamation lawyers in Patrick George of Giles George as his solicitor, and Sue Chrysanthou SC as barrister.

Mr Cohen, a university student, was wrongly named on Sunday morning by Weekend Sunrise as the knife-wielding murderer who attacked and killed six people at Bondi Junction Shopping Centre.

Mr Cohen’s name was wrongly linked to the attack by Sunrise co-host Matt Shirvington shortly after 6am on Sunday and again by journalist Lucy McLeod 10 minutes later.

Queensland man Joel Cauchi, 40, has since been identified as the man in an Australian Kangaroos jersey who went on a murderous rampage through the popular Sydney eastern suburbs shopping centre on Saturday afternoon.

Hours after Seven wrongly named Mr Cohen, NSW Police Minister Yasmin Catley confirmed that Cauchi was the attacker who was shot dead by hero police officer Amy Scott.

Mr George confirmed he had sent a concerns notice to Seven, the first step in defamation proceedings.

“We await a response from Seven,” Mr George told NCA NewsWire.

Seven issued an on-air apology to Mr Cohen on Sunday read by reporter Sarah Jane Bell during a cross.

“Earlier this morning, reports of the incident incorrectly named the perpetrator as 40-year-old Benjamin Cohen,” she said on air.

“It was later confirmed that the name of the 40-year-old is Joel Cauchi from Queensland. Seven apologises for any distress caused by our earlier reports.”

Online trolls on Saturday night wrongly identified Mr Cohen and his name began trending on X, formerly known as Twitter.

Mr Cohen told news.com.au earlier this week that he had been inundated with friend requests and messages on social media.

“It’s just gone crazy, it’s like ‘look, you’ve got the wrong guy’,” Mr Cohen, a first year computer science student, told news.com.au.

“People don’t really think too hard about what they’re posting and how it might affect someone. It’s very dangerous how people could just make stuff up and destroy people’s lives.”

Good journalism 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼
Code of conduct rule 1.   Report and interpret honestly, striving for accuracy
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 8:00pm
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

Channel 7 is having a very bad trot of late Bob. One can almost certainly predict a number of higher level departures "seeking new challenges" or "retirements".  

SC you are right about C7, apparently due to their lack of success fair-weather Collingwood supporters are dropping off watching AFL on C7.

Mate there's no such thing as a fair-weather Collingwood supporter.  We all reckon they're great even when they're going bad.  Though we have been known to bag some of our own.

ps my assessment has the Mighty Woods finishing 9-10th, just in front of the Bomber pretenders.  Wink
Fiddlesticks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 7:46pm
Media has been appalling on the Bondi incident, from the very first few minutes they were so eager to portray it as something it wasn't.. disgraceful really.

best show on TV all week imo.

Panspermia.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 7:42pm
You know where the Benjamin Cohen fake news originated? "Aussie Cossack" the Putin propagandist, holed up in the Russian consulate dodging dodging arrest warrants for the last year.Evil Smile

An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 7:35pm

SC you are right about C7, apparently due to their lack of success fair-weather Collingwood supporters are dropping off watching AFL on C7.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 6:53pm
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 6:50pm
We are slowly slipping down that slippery slope Big smile to La La land . Ouch
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 196>