Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Here Is The News

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 199>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Rhino View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Here Is The News
    Posted: 2 hours 23 minutes ago at 2:08pm
WOW. Some people. Hate to think what she teaches our kids. 
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2 hours 43 minutes ago at 1:48pm
 I have never heard as much garbage as this woman put out...

Heaven help the next generation if this is what is being taught...

Thumbs Down
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2 hours 46 minutes ago at 1:45pm
 WOW. These people teach our children.....

Tom Elliott has clashed with “Teachers for Palestine” spokesperson and Victorian secondary school teacher, Pippa Tandy, as the activist group launches an attack on Anzac Day.

The activist group says “we won’t be glorifying Australia’s military history this Anzac Day” and the 3AW Mornings host grilled Ms Tandy over her knowledge of Anzac Day and history in general.

“You realise you sound like a conspiracy theorist,” he said.

Hear their clash in full 👉 https://nine.social/FmA

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2 hours 50 minutes ago at 1:41pm
 Poor petals...what a shame you lot were never babies...

Wink
Rhino View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2 hours 50 minutes ago at 1:41pm
If I spend a couple of thousand dollars on an airfare and have to put up with a baby nearby, then that's fine. I can put on headphones and get on with it. I go into the flight knowing these type of things can happen. I don't think it is a fair thing to spend a couple of hundred dollars on tickets to a comedy show and be seated next to a baby. That's inconsiderate and frankly selfish. 

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3 hours 4 minutes ago at 1:27pm
100% linghi11 - that clip was enough to show how noisy the kid could be & how totally oblivious to it the mother was.

Painful 
Refer ALP Election Promises
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3 hours 14 minutes ago at 1:17pm
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

Except the baby wasn't crying. 

No-one likes the sound of a baby crying...even mothers...

I was once asked by a chemist to take my crying baby out of his pharmacy. He said it made him nervous. 

Perhaps, no-one should have them...the little nuisances...

Disapprove

Gurgling squeaking practicing words at maximum volume - the lot. All enough for me to leave the room or hit mute. I watched the interviews, heard the baby, and I’d have not wanted to be in that audience 
to the victor
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3 hours 15 minutes ago at 1:16pm
Egocentrism at its worse. By all means enjoy your kid - just not at everyone's else's expense

Tip - its not all about the mother & the kid

Thanks

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3 hours 42 minutes ago at 12:49pm
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3 hours 58 minutes ago at 12:33pm
 Again, we have an agonisingly slow connection on this site.

I would have put that post on the 'slow connect' thread, except it has magically disappeared.  

Mods?????
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4 hours 3 minutes ago at 12:28pm
 Except the baby wasn't crying. 

No-one likes the sound of a baby crying...even mothers...

I was once asked by a chemist to take my crying baby out of his pharmacy. He said it made him nervous. 

Perhaps, no-one should have them...the little nuisances...

Disapprove
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4 hours 26 minutes ago at 12:05pm
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

The very interesting question here is the degree of subconscious tolerance of interruption. Arj Barker has of course performed in millions of venues, in front of millions of people. He is laser-trained to work through hecklers and sweethearts. Every comedian is. Is there a reason why a baby is more annoying than a drunken lout yelling stuff?

I absolutely cannot handle the sound of a loudly crying baby, since childhood. The pitch just invades my skull - it’s apparently quite common, barking dogs do the same. 
to the victor
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4 hours 49 minutes ago at 11:42am
Without reading back thru all this.  Has anyone seen this bloke ?  To be honest I have never heard of him.  He does come across as a bit of a princess .  Is he funny ?  I saw a bloke on TV other night, apparently well known but cant remember his name, and he WAS funny.  His spiel was sort of general life stuff that I could relate to.  Like.  His Mum told him he needed to smarten up, then his Dad told him not to get smart . Only his telling was funny.
Honestly, I dont dislike kids in spite of what I say. I just believe there are some places not suitable to take them. And yes, JJ, at the races and football would be fine with me.
We have 5 year old twin boys next door, and OMG what a pair. Just went out to the kitchen and here,s Jonah going thru my fridge looking for chockie, while his Bro looks out for me coming, only he didnt do a very good job, and I caught them.  I called them a pair of little monkeys, only Rusty would be here telling me thats racist.
animals before people.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5 hours 17 minutes ago at 11:14am
The very interesting question here is the degree of subconscious tolerance of interruption. Arj Barker has of course performed in millions of venues, in front of millions of people. He is laser-trained to work through hecklers and sweethearts. Every comedian is. Is there a reason why a baby is more annoying than a drunken lout yelling stuff?
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5 hours 27 minutes ago at 11:04am

Amber, 34, Perth (member of Breastfeeding Advocacy Australia's Facebook group)

I went to a musical with my breastfed baby.

I checked with the theatre beforehand and was told babies in arms was fine. No ticket needed.

The lady next to me only realised I had her when we went to leave.

And yes, she was awake for a good chunk.

One slight grizzle then onto boob and fine again.

I think one of the ushers noticed too and was only helpful about it all.

I'm glad I took her as I would have never left the house otherwise!

I think people are mostly so uneducated about breastfeeding and the reality is that they don't understand what comments like "stay home to feed" or "leave baby with someone else", actually mean for mums.

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5 hours 42 minutes ago at 10:49am

The mother of the seven-month-old said she had previously brought her baby to Dave Hughes’ comedy set and he had “moved on like a true professional”.

“You kind of lose yourself a little bit when you have kids. I was trying to get back to enjoying something that I enjoyed before kids," she said.

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5 hours 44 minutes ago at 10:47am
 and this...

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5 hours 46 minutes ago at 10:45am
 As to the Arj Barker situation...two things...

In a statement, the Melbourne International Comedy Festival said it was aware of the incident on Saturday night, but was not responsible for the event itself. 

"Arj is independently produced and at a venue not managed by the festival, however, any interaction between performers and their audiences requires sensitivity and respect," a festival spokesperson said.

"In our festival managed venues, babes in arms are generally allowed but we do ask people to sit up the back with their child so they can quickly and easily leave if the baby gets noisy, so as not to disturb the artist and other patrons."

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5 hours 58 minutes ago at 10:33am
 It is frightening. 
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 hours 8 minutes ago at 9:23pm
my daughter when a baby ate a hard piece of nectarine which her Mum gave her. she got it stuck in her throat and we were at a horse clinic in the middle of the Tassie bush with no reception. she was frothing at the mouth and struggling to breath. I managed to get it out eventually with my little finger down her throat and all was ok however it knocked the gelati out of me. Once she was right I gave her to her Mum and went away and broke down crying. Scared the f uck out of me. 

I spoke to my old boss who is a volunteer paramedic and he said worst case scenario is to blow it into the lungs then get them to hospital. I never want to experience that again. 
Rebel - racing. Lionel - in work. Glory - spelling. Ray - spelling. A Wee Nip - in work.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 hours 56 minutes ago at 8:35pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

So Bob's clear message is thus: if you attend a Frog restaurant don't dare take your Tadpole along.  Tongue

LOLLOLLOL

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 hours 57 minutes ago at 8:34pm
 A mother's life is never easy.  

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 hours 59 minutes ago at 8:32pm
 My daughter nearly choked to death on a leaf. Only my quick action, forcing my finger down her throat to push it to the side, saved her.

One of the most frightening things I've ever dealt with. Her eyes and nose were running wildly with fluids as she struggled to breathe.   

I had simply put her pram too close to a bush, and she had pulled off the leaf and put it in her mouth. 

Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 hours 18 minutes ago at 8:13pm
Cherry tomatoes are another one.

Also from personal experience even foods like bacon are beter chopped up into bite sized pieces.
Seeing Manchester United relegated would mean more than words can describe to me.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 hours 22 minutes ago at 8:09pm
Grapes are an extremely common  choking hazard for babies. Should be quartered lengthwise.

1. a]:text-red [&>a]:hover:text-red [&>a]:underline [&>a]:underline-offset-1 [&>a]:select-none mb-4 last-of-type:mb-0" style="box-sizing: border-box; border: 0px solid; --tw-border-spacing-x: 0; --tw-border-spacing-y: 0; --tw-translate-x: 0; --tw-translate-y: 0; --tw-rotate: 0; --tw-skew-x: 0; --tw-skew-y: 0; --tw-scale-x: 1; --tw-scale-y: 1; --tw-pan-x: ; --tw-pan-y: ; --tw-pinch-zoom: ; --tw-scroll-snap-strictness: proximity; --tw-ordinal: ; --tw-slashed-zero: ; --tw-numeric-figure: ; --tw-numeric-spacing: ; --tw-numeric-fraction: ; --tw-ring-inset: ; --tw-ring-offset-width: 0px; --tw-ring-offset-color: #fff; --tw-ring-color: rgba(59,130,246,.5); --tw-ring-offset-shadow: 0 0 #0000; --tw-ring-shadow: 0 0 #0000; --tw-shadow: 0 0 #0000; --tw-shadow-colored: 0 0 #0000; --tw-blur: ; --tw-brightness: ; --tw-contrast: ; --tw-grayscale: ; --tw-hue-rotate: ; --tw-invert: ; --tw-saturate: ; --tw-sepia: ; --tw-drop-shadow: ; --tw-backdrop-blur: ; --tw-backdrop-brightness: ; --tw-backdrop-contrast: ; --tw-backdrop-grayscale: ; --tw-backdrop-hue-rotate: ; --tw-backdrop-invert: ; --tw-backdrop-opacity: ; --tw-backdrop-saturate: ; --tw-backdrop-sepia: ; margin: 0px; line-height: 1.6rem;">Lumsden, A. J., & Cooper, J. G. (2017). The choking hazard of grapes: a plea for awareness. Archives of disease in childhood, 102(5), 473–474. DOI: 10.1136/archdischild-2016-311750. Retrieved April 14, 2022.Geek

An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 hours 44 minutes ago at 7:47pm
I think it’s the most racist comment I’ve ever heard 😂
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 hours 6 minutes ago at 7:25pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

So Bob's clear message is thus: if you attend a Frog restaurant don't dare take your Tadpole along.  Tongue
Although the comment is clever it is still racist against French restaurants.

Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 hours 23 minutes ago at 7:08pm
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 hours 34 minutes ago at 6:57pm
Originally posted by marble marble wrote:

the baby can potentially ruin other peoples evening so really it shouldn't have been there. 
I went to Arj Barker a few ago and would never pay money to see him again. He was seriously unfunny and spent half the show pushing his merch
 I view of the 'Baby Controversy "I see many top -end Melbourne restaurants have come out and said kids are not welcome at their restaurant. To name a few France Soir, Society, Raine & La Rue exclude kids, therefore if that woman with that baby intends to visit Melbourne and take in a top-end restaurant she might have to exclude those three for starters.Wink
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 hours 42 minutes ago at 6:49pm
Yes, Elon Musk looks creepy Thumbs Up
And seriously, this bail BS needs a massive shake up.  This gung ho tough guy kills this young woman while on bail for previous violent offences .  So, lets start holding the judge who grants bail to these people guilty for their actions , and see how long before things get shook up.  Disgusting.

While we are all discussing the baby at the concert.
If you have them, hold them close.  Today, here in town,  we had a baby boy choke to death on a grape.  A F********** grape,,,,,CryCryCry 

animals before people.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 199>