Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Constantinople

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote early4lunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Constantinople
    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 11:55am
I just heard that Lindsay. Park have Garry Fennesy in UK looking after a Cups horse. If that's not a tip then I don't know what I'll post its name when I remember it.

Edited by Gay3 - 10 Oct 2019 at 3:44pm
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by early4lunch early4lunch wrote:

I just heard that Lindsay. Park have Garry Fennesy in UK looking after a Cups horse. If that's not a tip then I don't know what I'll post its name when I remember it.

Someone better tell Garry the horse is in Werribee 
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

Originally posted by early4lunch early4lunch wrote:

Someone better tell Garry the horse is in Werribee 

I thought I saw GF walking a horse at Werribee very recently.
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 1:19pm
He was over there like a month ago.
Been back in aus for a couple of weeks.
The horse is already here
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 1:34pm
Could someone please tell me what horse this thread relates to & I'll edit the topic Disapprove
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 1:38pm
3rd post gay. Constantinople 
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2019 at 12:13pm
Luke Nolen has been removed as the rider of Melbourne Cup favourite Constantinople with Everest-winning jockey Glen Boss securing the mount.

Nolen, who enjoyed an unblemished 22-win record aboard champion sprinting mare Black Caviar between 2009 and 2013, endured a luckless passage aboard Constantinople in Saturday’s $5m Stella Artois Caulfield Cup (2400m).

Constantinople was the first Northern Hemisphere three-year-old to contest the Caulfield Cup and finished an eye-catching fourth after jumping slowly and then finding interference approaching the home turn and early in the straight.

"He was terrific," Nolen said post-race.

"It was a muddling-run race and with a big-striding horse, that was probably against us from an inside draw.

"We can look at the silver lining, he doesn’t get a penalty for the Melbourne Cup and Flemington will suit."

It's understood the decision to part company with Nolen and use Boss has been inspired by the ownership group.

Coolmore retained a quarter-share in Constantinople when he transferred from Aidan O’Brien to Lindsay Park Racing.

Boss guided the Coolmore part-owned three-year-old colt Yes Yes Yes to victory in Saturday’s $14m Everest (1200m) at Randwick. He has also ridden many horses for Constantinople’s part-owner Scott Perrin, the pair sharing a healthy friendship.

Constantinople will carry 52.5kg in the Melbourne Cup and Boss, a natural lightweight rider, will have no trouble making the weight.

Tom Dabernig, who trains Constantinople in partnership with David and Ben Hayes, described his Caulfield Cup effort as ‘brilliant’.

"I think he'll be a lot more suited with the bigger track at Flemington,” Dabernig said.

"We bought him as a Melbourne Cup horse. Pulling up he wouldn't have blown a candle out.

"He's still a big baby, he's only three and he'll get better with racing."

Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2019 at 2:36pm
Watching the business channel this morning ( nothing better to do ) a Mr. T.G. Wormer mentioned as being in the new ownership of this horse has just had a " golden handshake" from CH.7 of $ 250 Mill. fair dinkum it follows them around doesn't it.?
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2019 at 2:56pm
Bit of overreach there bring dec. point back a little $ 2-5 mill.
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2019 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Watching the business channel this morning ( nothing better to do ) a Mr. T.G. Wormer mentioned as being in the new ownership of this horse has just had a " golden handshake" from CH.7 of $ 250 Mill. fair dinkum it follows them around doesn't it.?
Close enough LOL

Wasn't he the bloke squaring off against James Packer while still in his undies?... or is he the one that 'resigned' before the #metoo movement could nail him?
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2019 at 5:24pm
He’s the one that was having close relationships with his female staff. Allegedly
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2019 at 6:21pm
No need for the allegedly. Worner admitted to it and apologised.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2019 at 6:37pm
True, that was one instance.

More that were swept under the rug
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2019 at 9:21pm
Bossy suspended today.
Can’t ride in the Cup.

Oh how wonderful Karma is
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
Straight arrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight arrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2019 at 10:57pm
Good. Horse might get it’s chance? Put Nolen back on
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2019 at 10:32am
Surprised they didn’t make an exemption, or hold it over until afterwards? They seem to be able to do that?
Heard an example just recently but can’t recall the jockeys name.
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2019 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by Xavier Xavier wrote:

Bossy suspended today.
Can’t ride in the Cup.

Oh how wonderful Karma is
why is that karma ? Fool
The only problem with backing winners ? You never have enough on....
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2019 at 12:14pm
Because he is a dickeahd
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2019 at 1:45pm

Because he is a dickeahd

Agree he is a total A-grader. Great big race rider though.
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2019 at 2:37pm
Reported this morning that Moreira will ride in the cup if Boss out.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2019 at 4:57pm
If I was Boss I would start the suspension now - would that mean he's ok for the cup? - cos Kolding is not going to win Golden Eagle.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2019 at 6:49pm
Moreira in Australia 🤮

Constantinople was as good a Cup trial as you’ll see in the CC, and should eat up the 3200 Flemington. Stable is going like a busted though.

Already on, but getting less confident by the minute.
Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2019 at 7:53pm

Because he is a dickeahd

And you are a mutt
The only problem with backing winners ? You never have enough on....
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2019 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

Moreira in Australia 🤮

Constantinople was as good a Cup trial as you’ll see in the CC, and should eat up the 3200 Flemington. Stable is going like a busted though.

Already on, but getting less confident by the minute.

The vomiting emoji is because of the cringeworthy “magic man” garbage we’ll have to listen to on TV as they fawn over him right?
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2019 at 8:44pm
What’s his strike rate here like? Apparently he’s some total genius but I can’t remember him winning too much. Brazen Beau? Anything else?
Morgan$ View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morgan$ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2019 at 9:55pm
IIRC he rode Catchy to victory in Syd
He almost broke my heart with Heartbreak City when I had my well earned on Almandin in 2016 Melb Cup.
If I had a runner in the cup Moreira would be top of my list for the ride.
Lexawin View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexawin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 8:04am
One of the best riders in the world...you guys need some help...If I had a runner he would be my first choice too...Class is permanent.
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2019 at 10:24pm
Is he staying here in Aust? Or is David taking him to HK when he starts training up there again.

A lot of the European commentators were doubting his capacity to run 3200m at this point in his career and were proven correct today with his mediocre 13th.

Only start 10 today, so hopefully plenty of natural improvement to come. Will be very interesting to see how Lindsay Park manage him in 2020.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 6:43am
Staying here.
David bought them (cape of good hope) for the boys to train
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 8:45am
Once the Aussie influence rubs off on these horses they quickly go backwards.
reductio ad absurdum
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>