Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Alligator Blood

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 7:16am
Japan Cup? Surely they're either taking, or on, the piss?
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 1:32pm

Ryan Reynolds

Owner Allan Endresz says he is prepared to gift Living Legends a share in G1 winner Alligator Blood in a bid to allow the star to compete in Victoria this spring.

It comes after Alligator Blood, and horses Endresz owns the majority share in, were banned from racing in Victoria due to his status as an undischarged bankrupt.

Horses based in Victoria that Endresz is a minority shareholder in are allowed to continue racing.

In a letter penned to Racing Victoria, Endresz said he was prepared to dilute his 60 per cent share in Alligator Blood down to 45 per cent and give the 15 per cent to Living Legends.

He argues that doing that dilutes his share enough to meet the requirements set by Racing Victoria in regards to minority ownership.

Endresz said he had given Racing Victoria until Sunday afternoon to respond to his letter.

Alligator Blood was set to be retired to Living Legends post his racing career and represented the organization as the charity he ran for in the Golden Eagle .

"We had a negotiation last night and they (Living Legends) are off their tree (with excitement)," Endresz said.

"It meets all the requirements, so we will see what happens. I guess we will find out on Sunday."

He was likely to resume in the Memsie Stakes at the end of August with his grand final coming in the Cox Plate.

Endresz confirmed the current ownership would continue to pay all training fees for Alligator Blood, but Living Legends would get 15 per cent of the prize money won.

"It's a complete gift. It's 15 per cent free carry so we are wearing all the costs," he said.

"They walk away with the money, which is quite significant if he can pull of a few of those big wins."

Living Legends CEO Dr Andrew Clarke confirmed he had reached an ownership deal with Endresz.

"When Allan rang me about this opportunity, we were very keen," he said.

"The plan was always for him to come here, now if he can go and race for us and we get 15 per cent ... we couldn't be happier."

Dr Clarke stressed that no money donated to Living Legends would be used on paying bills to race Alligator Blood.

reductio ad absurdum
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2022 at 11:12am
Latest update is he has offered to transfer the horse to Gerry Harvey’s name but still race in AE’s colours
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2022 at 6:28am
You can see he is falling back on his talent as a Skaise/Bond devotee.

Anyone who thinks he would not receive any prizemoney under that arrangement raise your hand Wacko
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2022 at 10:43am
Reflects poorly on Harvey.
But totally expected.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2022 at 11:42am
Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

But totally expected.

Doubtful that Gerry Harvey could sink any lower than he has so this is right in his wheelhouse. Remember, this is the scumbag who took millions from Jobkeeper when in a record trading environment and then when called out tried to laughably claim that the money goes to the employees not Harvey Norman. Well yes Gerry, but that doesn’t change the fact that your company then had a circa $70m lower payroll expense. Confused
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2022 at 11:57am
He’s also the guy that moved heaven and earth to dissuade Tinkler from continuing his action against Cummings for secret commissions etc.

Heaven forbid if a spotlight was ever shone on the comings and going’s at yearling sales…
brave_ponies View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote brave_ponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2022 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

But totally expected.

Peas in a pod, those two.

But I was surprised and disgusted that Living Legends were prepared to align with this poo. Sure, take the horse for retirement but to publicly come out and support said poo just denigrates them and puts question marks on their integrity. Shame on CEO Clarke.
Sir Gov View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sir Gov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2022 at 9:47pm
Allana should not be allowed to own 0.1%. Needs to be banned until Fed issues are sorted.

Maybe Damion Flower can take his share?
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2022 at 11:55am
RV have rejected his offer re Gerry Harvey
AE now has said horse won't run in Victoria this spring.
Will chat with Gai about sending him to Hong Kong for the big December meeting instead.
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2022 at 12:32pm
Wonder if they’ve sounded out WA Racing?  Lee Steere Stks, Winterbottom & Railway could be an option.

The owner seems like a real dirtbag but prefer to see the horse running in Australia than HK.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2022 at 1:00pm
The guy is getting into it on Twitter this morning.
Slammington View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slammington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2022 at 2:09am
Surely, if he is banned in nsw and Vic, HK won’t accept him to run?
monty1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote monty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2022 at 6:46pm
Just because you nominate for Hong Kong, doesn’t mean you automatically can go. They choose who they want from the nominations world wide. HK don’t look that favourably on loud mouths.
Batman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Batman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 9:49am
There is always the remain in Queensland option. They accept almost anybody banned elsewhere, whether it be trainers, jockeys, stewards or others. Wink
Gambling has brought our family closer together. We had to move to a smaller house.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2022 at 1:13pm

Alligator Blood could run in Saturday’s G1 $1 million Memsie Stakes at Caulfield after a ban on him racing in Victoria was lifted on Monday.

Racing Victoria stewards confirmed on Monday morning that as part-owner Allan Endresz had officially relinquished his stake and management of the Group 1 winner, he would be allowed to start in Victoria.

Alligator Blood had initially been banned from racing in NSW with Victorian stewards adopting the ban earlier this month as both jurisdictions found he was not permitted to hold ownership or a lease on a horse because he is an undischarged bankrupt.

Endresz said on Monday in a statement that he had agonized over the decision to let go of the horse to current part-owners and to major owner and breeder Gerry Harvey.

"The Ezybonds (No 1) Syndicate has officially relinquished 100 per cent ownership and management of Alligator Blood (AB) for an undisclosed sum, Endresz said.

"Gerry Harvey has purchased a 60 per cent interest in AB with Robyn and Jeff Simpson retaining the balance of 40 per cent.

"Selling AB was one of the most emotional and toughest decisions I have ever made in a long time.

"In the end, my family and I are extremely grateful and humbled that Gerry Harvey has saved AB’s Australian racing career in the interests of racing.

"As AB’s breeder, Gerry has always had a soft spot for AB and supported Adrian Bott’s comments when he said, “No good having a Ferrari locked up in the garage”.

Racing Victoria made the following statement on Monday:

"Racing Victoria stewards advise that they have today lifted their order prohibiting Allgator Blood from competing in races and official trials in Victoria following a satisfactory transfer of ownership application.

"The stewards have accepted an application to transfer registered ownership of the horse from Ezybonds No. 1, which is managed by the undischarged bankrupt Allan Endresz to the ownership group of Gerry Harvey (manager), Jeff Simpson and Robyn Simpson.

"Mr Harvey has purchased a majority share of the horse which will now compete in his registered colours.

"The stewards note that all other orders pertaining to Victorian-based horses raced by Mr Endresz, Ezybonds No 1, or any other syndicate Mr Endresz is associated with, remain in place."

It is expected that Alligator Blood will be among the nominations this afternoon for Satuirday’s Memsie Stakes.

Back to NewsHub< ="rdc- flex items-center mb-6 justify-center lg:mb-6 lg:w-auto w-11/12 rdc---small" style="border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; border-color: rgba153,153,153,var--tw-border-opacity; --tw-shadow: 0 0 transparent; font-family: Circular, "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 1rem; line-height: 2; margin: 0px 0.375rem 1.5rem 0px; : rgb255, 255, 255; -: none; cursor: pointer; padding: 0.25rem 1.25rem; color: rgba102,102,102,var--tw-text-opacity; outline: none; --tw-text-opacity: 1; --tw-border-opacity: 1; font-weight: 700; letter-spacing: -0.02px; transition: all 0.3s ease-out 0s; text-align: left; : relative; display: flex; align-items: center; justify-: center; width: auto;">Browse related articles

TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2022 at 1:31pm
"for an undisclosed sum"

Probably $1
Time is a flat circle
theshu25 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote theshu25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2022 at 3:11pm
Just when i thought i could not have thought any lower then harvey,Grub
theshu
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2022 at 4:28pm
Harvey and his views have bought racing into disrepute far worse than anything Endresz has done.
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2022 at 4:51pm
Don’t worry about his views.
Worry about why he was so concerned that Tinkler was going to shine a light on yearling sales activities…….
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2022 at 5:17pm

Gerry Harvey doesn't expect an immediate return on his outlay as the new majority shareholder of Alligator Blood, but the highly successful owner and breeder predicts he will be a winner in the longer term.

Alligator Blood was reinstated as a racing proposition in Victoria this week after his undischarged bankrupt owner Allan Endresz sold back his majority share to Harvey, who originally sold the horse as a yearling to Endresz and his Ezybonds No.1 syndicate for $55,000 in 2018.

The wealthy owner of retail store Harvey Norman and the co-owner of Magic Millions told champion trainer Peter Moody on his podcast Moody On The Mic this week that he feels Alligator Blood is not ready for a peak performance in Saturday's Memsie Stakes at Caulfield, despite being one of the favourites.

"He hasn't had enough work and he's underdone and It's just a barrier trial sort of thing," Harvey said.

"If he wins, it will be unexpected. But if he runs a nice race and races home then we'll look forward to winning the Cox Plate.

"But there's that thing that (James) Cummings has got with Godolphin (Anamoe) and it looks like it might win the Cox Plate, so we might dodge it."

A last-start winner of the G1 Stradbroke Handicap (1400m) in Brisbane in June, Alligator Blood has been marked the $5.50 equal Memsie favourite by Sportsbet alongside returning Perth star Western Empire.

Harvey explained how he once again ended up being the majority owner of Alligator Blood after selling him off as yearling when he failed to make his reserve at the 2018 Gold Coast Magic Millions Sale.

"Then I got this bloke Endresz comes up and he doesn't know anything about horses," Harvey said. "He's a mug. So, he took the horse and I thought 'That will be the end of that' and it turns out it is Alligator Blood.

"No one liked it and he's this champion horse, so it just goes to show, you can get all the experts in the world go to the horse sale, but they miss them sometimes and they missed him and he's a bloody champion.

"I've got all his sisters, brothers, relations and I've got (his sire) All Too Hard at stud, so I thought to myself 'If that horse is ever going to race again, I'd better step in and do something'.

"So, I spoke to Endresz and said 'Mate, I'll buy you out if you like' and he said 'Yeah, yeah I can't race him and I've tried everything else', so I bought him out."

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2022 at 2:59pm

The Alligator Blood owners happy to stay out of the limelight

Alligator Blood is the horse made for headlines but its journey was crafted by the couple who are keen to stay away from them.

Rarely has racing ownership seen more contrasting themes than the high-profile, often quoted, colourful and controversial owner Allan Endresz and the unassuming former milk bar owners who have been in the ownership of Alligator Blood from day dot.

Jeff and Robyn Simpson have been blissfully silent during one of racing's most turbulent careers.

But now, the Queensland couple break their silence about the extraordinary Alligator Blood journey.

Jeff Simpson picked out Alligator Blood – almost by accident – in the 2018 Magic Millions Sales when Endresz, his nephew, was trying to buy a horse in an adjacent box.

Behind the mega headlines of Alligator Blood, the horse banned because of Endresz's status as an undischarged bankrupt but then reinstated after he sold his share to Gerry Harvey, is the story of Jeff and Robyn Simpson.

As much as it is a horseracing story, it is also a great love story.

The couple, now in their 70s, first locked eyes on each other when they both worked at a Coles supermarket more than 50 years ago.

"I met Robyn when we worked together at Coles … I was the grocery boy and she was the deli chick," Jeff Simpson tells News Corp.

"That was 53 years ago.

"We have since owned takeaway shops, sandwich bars in factory areas, milk bars and delicatessens.

"Allan Endresz is my nephew, my sister's son.

"We have been close all our lives with him and I was the one who introduced him into horses as a young bloke.

"Allan is family and we love him and we have been involved with him for a lot of years.

"But we have certainly shaken our heads at a lot of things he has said and done – even from when he was a little tacker at school.

"To be honest, we are happy that he talks (in public) and we don't.

"We don't need the limelight.

"We have been sitting back and watching everything play out in the media."

Before the Ezybonds No.1 syndicate (of Endresz and the Simpsons) was established, Endresz owned horses in syndication with Brad Spicer.

But Endresz and the Simpsons decided to form their own ownership team.

As two-time Group 1 winner Alligator Blood tries to make it three wins at racing's top level in Saturday's Makybe Diva Stakes at Flemington, Simpson has revealed a unique thread of the story.

Without Simpson, there would be no Alligator Blood.

"At the 2018 Magic Millions Sales, we had our eye on one horse out of Better Than Ready and I said to Allan we should do a deal with Gerry (Harvey) to buy that particular horse," Simpson said.

"But while Allan was talking to Gerry, in the box next door was Alligator Blood.

"I went into the box and looked at him.

"He did have a couple of problems but they weren't major problems.

"He had a little knee issue and a curved hock which wasn't severe.

"But there was nothing that I thought with time that wouldn't fix up.

"I told Allan that he had better buy Alligator Blood who had been passed in.

"Allan offered Gerry $50,000 but Gerry wouldn't take it because he wanted $55,000 with the GST.

"I told Allan to go back and pay Gerry because I thought that was cheap."

Jeff Simpson, 74, is a licensed stablehand who loves nothing more than helping out at the stables of some of the horses he part owns.

He has ridden the rollercoaster ride of every exhilarating moment and devastating setback of the Alligator Blood journey, which has included a big race disqualification and the horse having major ‘kissing spine' surgery from which he had a miracle comeback.

At the nub of Simpson's racing interests is the love of the horse – and of racing.

"I'm basically a keen punter and a racing fan, I've been involved with horses on and off for many years," Simpson said.

"We pick the horses we buy ourselves, we don't go through an agent.

"I'm a licensed stablehand and I like to help out in the stables in whatever way I can.

"Both Robyn and I are very much into knowing what our horses are up to and if they are happy and healthy."

Alligator Blood, who now races in Harvey's famous blue and white silks, will take centre stage at Flemington on Saturday with his Stradbroke Handicap winning jockey Tim Clark back on board.

Everyone has their opinions of Endresz, the flamboyant racing identity who is no longer in the Alligator Blood ownership.

Jeff Simpson certainly doesn't see eye-to-eye with his nephew on everything.

But he believes racing owes Endresz a debt of thanks for agreeing to sell his share of Alligator Blood so the headline horse could race again.

"When Alligator Blood was first banned, Robyn and I were absolutely devastated," Simpson said.

"But all honours must go to Allan for him to come to that decision (to sell his share) considering how long we have been involved with the horse and the journey that we have been on with him.

"In selling his share, Allan was thinking more of the horse and the racing fans than himself.

"Alligator Blood is also not a horse you could just go and stick in a paddock somewhere because he wouldn't be happy."

The Simpsons have rarely missed being on track to see Alligator Blood race and will be there at Flemington on Saturday.

Alligator Blood was a $6 chance in the Makybe Diva after acceptances on Wednesday but quickly firmed into $4.80 with TAB.

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
monty1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2022 at 3:49pm
Endresz said he pick Alligator Blood, now the Uncle says it was him. Smile
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2022 at 1:33pm
Thanks for the read Gay3, a good story, and also to see an obviously hard working couple get rewards from something they love. Uncle must have a good eye.
Monty1, I would tend to believe Uncle not Endresz FWIW!

Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2022 at 5:01pm
Such an honest horse.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2022 at 5:11pm
The genius of Clarke on a front runner nearly paid off .
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2022 at 6:30pm
What a win.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2022 at 6:37pm
It paid of today , great ride . Wink
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2022 at 6:38pm
Hands up who went off him in the Spring Roughies Comp because they can't hack his undischarged bankrupt ass-ole part-owner?
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2022 at 6:47pm
Happens every so often with these types flucking good horses , not the horses fault though SC , shoulda stuck . Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314>