Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Alligator Blood

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 14>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2022 at 8:48am
Interesting point 
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2022 at 11:32am
Originally posted by Pardon_My_Dust Pardon_My_Dust wrote:

Originally posted by Pardon_My_Dust Pardon_My_Dust wrote:

Send him to Gai! She'll make a real man of him. 

Not one to blow my own trumpet but hey you heard it here first. Wink Beer

Listening to Alan this morning, Gai had little to nothing to do with his preparation, saying to Adrian "This is your baby, you deal with it" & Alan said he's been incredible to work with right thru' Smile
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2022 at 2:38pm
I would suggest Gai having an input in Adrian's education though Gay3 . Wink
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2022 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Smile the apron strings have to be cut eventually . Smile
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2022 at 3:02pm

Alligator Blood Melbourne Bound to Dodge NSW Ban

Stradbroke Handicap hero Alligator Blood will head to Victoria to target early races in the Melbourne spring carnival following his famous win at Eagle Farm on Saturday.

Few Stradbrokes have stirred emotions like Alligator Blood’s did and co-trainer Adrian Bott says it was one of the most satisfying of his career after bringing the horse back from racing oblivion.

With Racing New South Wales banning the horse due to part owner Allan Endresz’s undischarged bankruptcy status, Bott – who trains in partnership with the legendary Gai Waterhouse – was forced to train the horse out of Queensland remotely.

Few could have predicted the incredible return and Bott says they plan on giving the five-year-old a brief freshen up before sending him south to aim up in Victoria, where he grabbed his first Group 1 in the Australian Guineas in 2020 when trained by David Vandyke.

“There are no more races in Queensland for him so we will naturally look to Melbourne,” Bott told News Corp from London following the win.

“He will probably go for a freshen up now and probably target some of those early races in the Melbourne carnival as well.

“We had a few little plans in our mind about what we could potentially do before Saturday but we wanted to see him do that first and come back at our level.

“He has proven that is where he should be aimed and where he should be racing so it is time to take advantage of it.”

After training the horse remotely through Sunshine Coast trainer Billy Healey, Bott said a lot of work went into getting the crowd favourite back to the races.

“There are a lot of staff that have gone into getting this horse to the races, even Billy Healey has played a big part in working with the team, we have had to mix and match the preparation,” he said.

“By the time he came up to Queensland, he had a pretty good foundation and he was pretty fit. It helped going up there knowing to a point where the horse was at.

“We have sent staff interstate to be with him for quite a long time now but it helped we had horses going up early for the carnival.

“We sent a team up to the Sunshine Coast with Billy Healey and then once the carnival was in full swing we moved everything down to Eagle Farm.”

Bott believes 1400m to 1600m will best suit Alligator Blood in the spring, with his Group 1 Australian Guineas victory coming over 1600m at Flemington.

Even with it marking her 150th Group 1 victory, Waterhouse was quick to praise Bott’s work with the horse, saying it had been his project since it arrived in the stables.

“It is very satisfying on a few different levels getting the horse back to winning at that level,” Bott said.

“I followed the horse early in his career and he had a big following so it was good to be able to bring joy to a lot of people in that regard, and then there is the added emotional layer with Allan and his family, and what his wife Joy is going through.

“It made it all the fitting and special. There were a lot of layers to that win.”

Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2022 at 3:11pm
Nice to see half the partnership was in London ( lucky him LOLLOL ) enjoy Royal Ascot Adrian. Wink
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2022 at 3:19pm
Another article says she's in London too.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2022 at 3:23pm
That " remote training " seems pretty good ! LOLLOLLOL keep warm Gay3 , hope your on the up. Star
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2022 at 3:23pm
She might have been half a world away in London, but racing's first lady Gai Waterhouse has hailed Alligator Blood's emotional comeback Stradbroke Handicap win as one of her finest moments in the sport.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2022 at 6:13pm
I saw her over there , and heard they were letting Robbie field at Ascot  ??LOL
animals before people.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2022 at 7:11pm
Wannabe on his toes our Robbie Smile their slick operators them poms, LOLLOL they " gifted Gai " a pretty smart dromedary once Big smile  what's his name ConfusedConfusedConfused oh yeah, something Angelo . Wink
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2022 at 8:22pm
I thought that race was all she was hanging on for & finally she's pain free.

Owner's wife dies 24 hours after emotion-charged Stradbroke win

The terminally ill wife of Alligator Blood's colourful owner Allan Endresz has passed away after a brave battle against bowel cancer.

Joy Endresz passed away surrounded by family at their Albury home on Sunday, less than 24 hours after Alligator Blood's stirring Group 1 Stradbroke Handicap victory at Eagle Farm.

Endresz had endured a long-term battle against the cancer, but bravely fought on, with the family often using Alligator Blood as a reason to bring people together in her final years.

Incredibly, Joy was given just days to live after Alligator Blood's return to racing two weeks ago in the BRC Sprint, but held on to watch his now famous Stradbroke Handicap victory on Saturday.

"It is with immense sadness and heavy heart that I announce the passing today of my beautiful and courageous wife, Joy," Endresz said.

Never give up! No matter what. Never ever give up. Alligator Blood was running his heart out today for my wife, Joy. Joy only has a few days to live after fighting cancer for over 2 1/2 years. Joy and our grandson, Hunter, wished AB a safe and strong run. ❤️❤️❤️❤️???????????? pic.twitter.com/G6bOr0JHZ0

— Allan Endresz (@EndreszAllan) May 28, 2022

"Our family is devastated but seek solace in the knowledge that Joy is now pain free and taking her rightful place in heaven.

"Our love for Joy holds no bounds."

It came following the most bittersweet moment in Stradbroke Handicap history on Saturday, as Endresz watched the race in bed with Joy, cradling her in her final moments to watch their horse win Queensland's greatest race.

"It was a bittersweet moment, I just watched it with Joy on my little phone in our bedroom," a tearful Endresz told News Corp.

"Joy couldn't even see the race. She isn't aware our horse has won.

"I just think Alligator Blood sprouted wings, this is like that Frank Sinatra song, Fly Me To The Moon. It will never be forgotten."

Star trainer Gai Waterhouse had vowed to win the race, her 150th career Group 1, as a tribute to Endresz, and she got her wish.

Alligator Blood is an old poker term, used to describe someone who never gives up and plays fearlessly with their backs to the wall.

Endresz has often spoken about Joy's "never give up" spirit, which is also embodied in his horse.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 12:43am
Certainly feel for any person and family going thru this .  My Dad had bowel cancer, among other things.
And cheered for Alligator Blood as he deserved it.
But still think Endrez is dicey and a bit over the top with his stories .

animals before people.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 11:38am

‘I’m Bankrupt Because I Want To Be’ – Endresz

Owner Allan Endresz is adamant his ongoing bankruptcy battle is a non issue and should have no bearing on where Alligator Blood can and can’t run.

Endresz, whose Ezybonds No 1 syndicate manages the dual Group 1 winner, could see his horses barred from stepping out in Victoria after the state regulator didn’t rule out following Racing NSW’s lead.

Endresz said he’s ‘not going to throw the baby out of the bathwater’ and is continuing to call out Racing NSW’s ‘double standard’ when it comes to probity checks.

“You’ve got Damion Flower sitting there in jail for cocaine distribution and he still has horses running around,” Endresz told Racing Pulse.

ICYMI  ALLIGATOR BLOOD storms to victory and claims Group 1 glory in the 2022 Stradbroke Handicap  #QLDisRacing pic.twitter.com/OoHVYBSVBC

— RaceQ (@RaceQLD) June 11, 2022

While Racing NSW is unwilling to budge at this stage Racing Victoria have apparently been ‘more open’ to Endresz’ personal circumstances (voluntary bankruptcy) in preliminary discussions.

Endresz labelled Racing NSW’s decision to impose restrictions on undischarged bankrupts as the ‘Alligator Blood rule’ despite it being designed to ‘protect trainers and co owners from resulting non payment of training fees’.

“I’m bankrupt because I want to be,” Endresz said. “I could get out of bankruptcy this afternoon in an hour but I don’t want to do that because I’ve spent 23 years fighting on principal for 1393 shareholders and a $4.3 billion claim.

“As a group we’ve probably got 30 odd plus horses and bills have always been paid on time, and we’ve had nothing untoward in that respect in terms of probity.”

rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 1:53pm
Google him, a public servant was sentenced to 7 1/2 years for remitting over $7M to a company Endresz controlled almost 20 years ago.
There was no paperwork sufficient to lay charges against him, he has not repaid one cent of this money.
He counter sued on the basis he was not permitted to sell “bonds” to mugs, which was basically a lottery that distributed 50% of proceeds.

BUT, he hasn’t abducted and imprisoned any of his daughters.

This industry has a very low bar……
theshu25 View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theshu25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 4:39pm
The guy is a total grub,litigation freak.
theshu
Pardon_My_Dust View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 7:25pm

Smile the apron strings have to be cut eventually . Smile

But not before Adrian has been repeatedly shown how to tie them up over many years. Beer
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 7:45pm
From her interviews, they need each other equally & she's no spring chicken so who else is she grooming for a future partnership? No doubt time as always, will tell.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 7:51pm
At this very moment in time Big smile imho Gai's forgotten more than he knows Wink eventually he'll get the oar to row the boat , been " blooded " pretty good .
QuizAbout View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QuizAbout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 8:35pm
Don't care much for Endrez, but he makes a fair point about Damian Flower
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 10:43pm
Geeesh.  Endrez.  Flower.  Pot Kettle .  Cry
animals before people.
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 12:46pm
VSP. View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VSP. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 2:36pm
RACENET
EXCLUSIVE: Alligator Blood banned from Victorian spring carnival
Alligator Blood winning the Stradbroke Handicap. Picture: Grant Peters–Trackside PhotographyAlligator Blood winning the Stradbroke Handicap. Picture: Grant Peters–Trackside Photography
By Ben Dorries
12:20pm • 04 August 2022
Comments

Headline horse Alligator Blood has been sensationally banned from racing in the Victorian spring carnival.

In a bombshell development, News Corp can exclusively reveal the two-time Group 1 winner has been barred by Victorian integrity officials.

Victoria has followed the NSW lead in banning Alligator Blood from racing, due to owner Allan Endresz’s undischarged bankruptcy status.

“In relation to horses where you hold a majority interest: Stewards will not allow any horse in which you hold a majority share to race in Victoria until: (a) you annul your bankruptcy; and (b) resolve the ownership ascertainment issue to the Stewards’ reasonable satisfaction,” a letter from RV deputy chief steward Rob Montgomery to Endresz reads.

“For the avoidance of doubt, the prohibition outlined in this section 2 includes the following horses: Alligator Blood and American Pioneer.”

Horses in which Endresz owns a minority interest may be allowed to race in Victoria, subject to stewards’ discretion.

Endresz has told News Corp he is considering his legal position in relation to the matter.

Alligator Blood, trained by Gai Waterhouse and Adrian Bott, was set to be a huge Victorian spring carnival drawcard.

He secured a famous and emotional win in the Stradbroke, giving Waterhouse her first Stradbroke win and her 150th Group 1 triumph.

Endresz’s wife – terminally ill Joy – was on death’s door when Alligator Blood won the Stradbroke and she passed away the following day but not before waking up and asking if the horse had won.

EARLIER STORY:

Still with no answer on whether Alligator Blood will be allowed to compete in the Victorian spring carnival, owner Allan Endresz has nominated the star horse for the Japan Cup.

Incredibly, Racing Victoria is still yet to make a decision on whether they will follow the NSW lead and bar the two-time Group 1 winner from racing in the spring.

NSW banned Alligator Blood from racing, due to Endresz's undischarged bankruptcy status.

With spring plans still up in the air, Endresz has revealed connections have nominated the Gai Waterhouse and Adrian Bott-trained explosive Stradbroke Handicap winner for the Japan Cup in November.

News Corp has sighted a letter from Japanese racing officials over the matter.

“We recognise that Alligator Blood is one of the great horses in Australia,” a representative from the Japan Racing Association writes to Endresz.

“The nomination for the Japan Cup will close on 4 October. The JRA Selection Committee will be held as soon as possible after closing.

“We wish Alligator Blood continued success at the spring carnival"

As Victorian integrity officials continue to weigh up Alligator Blood’s spring fate, Endresz said there was one eye on Japan.

It is a bold and unorthodox move to even consider as the Japan Cup is run over 2400m and Alligator Blood has never stretched out beyond 1600m.

The TAB fixed odds market currently has Alligator Blood as a $26 chance in the Cox Plate.

“I’ve had no news at all from Racing Victoria,” Endresz said.

“We’ve nominated Alligator Blood for the Japan Cup.

“They said they were setting Better Loosen Up a task when he won the Japan Cup (in 1990) and this horse (Alligator Blood) has already proved the doubters wrong.”

Alligator Blood headed north from NSW to race in the Queensland winter carnival after Racing Queensland did not follow the NSW decision to ban Endresz-owned horses from racing.

He secured a famous and emotional win in the Stradbroke, giving Waterhouse her first Stradbroke win and her 150th Group 1 triumph.

Endresz’s wife – terminally ill Joy – was on death's door when Alligator Blood won the Stradbroke and she passed away the following day but not before waking up and asking if the horse had won.

If Alligator Blood was banned from racing in Victoria it would leave the headline horse in no man's land, unable to race in either of Australia's biggest racing states.

News Corp has asked Racing Victoria several times whether there has been any decision regarding Alligator Blood’s spring status.

Alligator Blood is set to have a trial at Cranbourne next Tuesday.

Edited by VSP. - 04 Aug 2022 at 2:38pm
www.snowshoecats.webs.com
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 3:06pm
Owners sh*thousery F's himself over
Time is a flat circle
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 4:29pm
Well now that he's been banned in Vic the Warrnambool Grand Annual Steeplechase is suddenly out of the question, a pity now they've discovered he's a stayer in the making:
"Owner Allan Endresz has nominated the star horse for the Japan Cup".

djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 5:56pm
Meanwhile hold your daughter prisoner and you are welcome with open arms. 
reductio ad absurdum
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 6:28pm
A questionable analogy one would have thought. The bloke you're referring to has not breached the Rules of Racing nor is the VRC in the business of international moralizing.  Next thing you'll want Chinese interests banned because they've accumulated wealth courtesy of an authoritarian regime. 

“Alligator Blood has been banned from racing in Victoria after the Stewards found owner Allan Endresz breached AR36A(2)(c) which states that a person is not permitted to hold an ownership or lease interest in a horse if the person is an undischarged bankrupt,” he said on Twitter.

“It’s also been found Endresz has not complied with AR36B, which states that an ownership or lease interest in a horse is not permitted to be held in a trust where the persons having an interest in the horse, beneficial or otherwise, are not readily and accurately identifiable".

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 6:55pm

Endresz's bid to allow Blood to race

Allan Endresz will meet with his lawyers on Friday as he searches for a way for his star Alligator Blood to race in Victoria this spring.

It comes after Racing Victoria announced on Thursday that horses Endresz has a majority share – namely G1-winner Alligator Blood – could not race in Victoria due to his status as an undischarged bankrupt.

Horses Endresz has a minority share in that are trained in Victoria will be allowed to continue racing.

The ban throws Alligator Blood’s spring plans into chaos, with the Gai Waterhouse and Adrian Bott-trained galloper due to have a jump out at Cranbourne on Tuesday.

He was likely to resume in the Memsie Stakes at the end of August with his grand final coming in the Cox Plate.

Endresz said he would weigh up his legal options with his team, but was hopeful of seeing Alligator Blood run this spring.

“I can transfer 20 per cent (of my share) to Jeff and Robyn, who have been in the syndicate for eight years. They’ve never had blemish,” Endresz said.

“They’ve already got 40 per cent of the horse.

“So we will put something sensible together with my legal team in the morning that says, that’s what we want to do and transfer (the ownership). We want a quick response in regards to that.

“So we’ve got a team legal meeting tomorrow and we will put to Racing Victoria the sensible approach which is to accept the transfer of interest to Jeff and Robyn, let the horse run and do his program.

“That’s the easy road. The hard road is you poke the bear. We will seek injunctions, we will seek overturning the decision. We will challenge the rule itself.”

RV stewards announced on Thursday that Endresz had not complied with two rules of racing.

• AR36A(2)(c) which states that a person is not permitted to hold an ownership or lease interest in a horse if the person is an undischarged bankrupt or is taking advantage of the laws in force for the time being relating to bankruptcy; and
  • AR36B which states that an ownership or lease interest in a horse is not permitted to be held in a trust where the persons having an interest in the horse, beneficial or otherwise, are not readily and accurately identifiable.

Alligator Blood is also banned from racing in New South Wales due to Endresz’s bankruptcy status.

He has been allowed to race in Queensland and won the Group 1 Stradbroke Handicap during their winter carnival.

brave_ponies View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brave_ponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 7:53pm
Poor horse Cry
Hope the Japanese decline.
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 12:05am
Yep, a gelding, will be raced into the ground
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 14>