Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Alligator Blood

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 14>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Grieves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 6:38pm
The owner has posted on twitter that he thinks AB was nobbled like Phar Lap LOL
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 6:40pm
A little awkward as altrenogest is banned in every state bar NSW. What exactly is he doing giving it to his mares?
to the victor
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 10:07pm
Cheating plain and simple
Throw the book at him
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
monty1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote monty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by Mr Grieves Mr Grieves wrote:

The owner has posted on twitter that he thinks AB was nobbled like Phar Lap LOL
The owner is delusional.
saintly96 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintly96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 11:17pm
Alligator Blood is transitioning to a mare, nothing to see here.
Kimberley Mine View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimberley Mine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 3:04am
Depends on the results of the B sample and how much of the substance was detected.  I'm leaning more towards a feed mixup / not using a clean feed bin over malice.  The level of potential performance-enhancing hormones of metabolized altroenogest is really low, and if we're talking trace levels it's most likely a screw-up.
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 7:02am
Of course it's a 'stuff up'', or a deliberate act by a disgruntled stablehand, as Dr Geoff Chapman used to say, you can't ever see into the mind of a rogue strapper and you can't stand guard 24/7!
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 8:24am
Originally posted by Kimberley Mine Kimberley Mine wrote:

Depends on the results of the B sample and how much of the substance was detected.  I'm leaning more towards a feed mixup / not using a clean feed bin over malice.  The level of potential performance-enhancing hormones of metabolized altroenogest is really low, and if we're talking trace levels it's most likely a screw-up.

It is not put into feed. In fact people of breeding age are advised to not even get it on their skin. It also can no longer be used outside NSW
to the victor
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 9:13am
< ="text" id="hexColValue" value="" size="10" style="cursor: default">
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 9:15am
Yes it can go in the feed Linghi, read the Paulickreport, from experience we used it via a syringe down the throat, but now it can go in the feed.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 9:32am
JUST BAN REGUMATE FULL STOP!
reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 9:34am
To me, this is just more evidence of Australian trainers being cheap.

Some of these nasty horses probably need more then one person to handle them.

The Japanese and European trainers use two strappers to handle their colts rather than geld them.

Our people just use regumate. 
reductio ad absurdum
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 10:20am
Leads to increased costs djebel, might be able to be absorbed by Godolphin, Waller or Maher but the smaller stables would be less able.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 11:23am
Most of Wallers walk around the mounting yard in a robotic trance, so how do you account for that.
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 12:07pm
Better that than using poly pipe and a couple of AAA batteries
brave_ponies View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brave_ponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 12:53pm
What KM said. We'll wait and see.
However, simce the news came out, I've been stumped on this fact: AB is a gelding. Even if he is a bit colty still, I can't fathom how this drug could possibly enhance his performance. Over to you experts...

Re: Xavier: Whatever floats your boat   
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

To me, this is just more evidence of Australian trainers being cheap.

Some of these nasty horses probably need more then one person to handle them.

The Japanese and European trainers use two strappers to handle their colts rather than geld them.

Our people just use regumate. 

15 acceptors for the Mornington Cup, of them 11 are imports , 1 a 9y/o bull from Japan who hasn't won since 2017, 10 are geldings from U.K. or EU. 4 are locals , we won't count them as we geld them irrespective of bloodline , its NSW racings fault if trainers are using loophole, Mr Peters likes the idea too.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 3:20pm
Yes, djebel, of course the Japanese far prefer entires. They don't need to find a home for them after racing, FOC, & the abattoirs pay top dollar for lean horse meat, one of their favourite dishes.
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
mc41 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 7:24pm
At the end of the day,he has history accidentally or deliberately administered
Time to learn another lesson. 12 months
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

Yes, djebel, of course the Japanese far prefer entires. They don't need to find a home for them after racing, FOC, & the abattoirs pay top dollar for lean horse meat, one of their favourite dishes.

The Ferdinand story is one of racing's saddest and controversial as his demise and disgraceful end proved the ruthlessness and cruelness of the Japanese trainers/owners/breeders..

They revere their champion horses, but the vast majority end up on plates in restaurants, I know it happens, but as I spent a lot of time in Japan with our travel business, I got to know or learn rather, that the huge crowds they attract have little knowledge of the sad end awaiting the majority of horses up there. They are so far removed from reality, they gat caught in the moment, in fact I feel sorry for them, as they as a people, love animals, they animate them, it's hard to explain, but racing people are far different than the racing public......
Glencoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glencoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 10:39pm
Where is ULURU these days ? He always had an opinion to give on these matters. Is he still in the industry or does his engine have energy issues?
Batman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Batman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 4:46am
It is always difficult for a trainer who has previously been charged and disqualified for serious drug charges, to be presumed innocent. Maybe his self promoted claim as a horse whisperer is nothing more then a charade, or maybe horses really do talk to him.
Time will tell but his strike rate seems too good to be true. If it walks like a duck?
“Gambling has brought our family closer together. We had to move to a smaller house.”
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 9:40am
Originally posted by Bonjour Bonjour wrote:

Yes it can go in the feed Linghi, read the Paulickreport, from experience we used it via a syringe down the throat, but now it can go in the feed.

Anything CAN go in the feed, but why risk it? Horse doesn’t eat up, it’s wasted. Females washing out feedbins come in contact with it? Uneaten feed cannot be repurposed? If you’re going to use a banned substance, why in the world would you put it in feed? But all of this is a moot point as he should not have been in possession of it at all unless he was in NSW or had some broodmares prone to slipping in the stable.
to the victor
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 10:11am
We are far too lax on drugs in racing in Australia.

The fact so many of these banned substances are allowed during training provided they are out of the system by raceday is a big problem.

Lasix should be banned completely. That would bring our biggest stable to its knees.

We have to stop pretending racing is a poor mans game.

reductio ad absurdum
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 11:01am
At the prices they pay today I don't think many would say it's a " poor mans game", even more so what there paying for some of these o/s dromedaries.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 11:09am
I must agree with the lasix ban though, a number of times I've seen a horse stretch out behind the barriers and have a stale , it is a little obvious methinks.
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 11:23am
Lasix is a masking agent. It should be banned from use in training
to the victor
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 11:28am
Agree re the use of Lasix. Should be banned
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 1:07pm
Allan Endresz has become the new Ben Currie. His tweets/tweet replies are a fantastic read
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 2:05pm
How fast does Altrenogest work? Would it, or similar, be in a float driver's 'first aid' kit?

I mean, if I go out bush with the dog and he gets bitten by a snake, if I'm not carrying a shot of vitamin c, then I haven't taken all precautions.

Obviously, the horse would need to be scratched from whatever race he was heading to, but at least he's not doing himself a mischief in the float.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 14>