Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Queensland Racing Integrity

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 12>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Batman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2020 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by Shawy38 Shawy38 wrote:

Detailed story about Munce below
Wouldn’t let me post here due to copyright or something

https://www.racenet.com.au/trainer/chris-munce

Reading between the lines on another website, there might be a much bigger on to go under next. Bloody shocking after such a stellar season. Positive swab might be the least of their worries. Or obscure Poker terms
Gambling has brought our family closer together. We had to move to a smaller house.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2020 at 9:23pm
Former champion jockey now successful trainer Chris Munce and his wife Cathy aren’t novices when it comes to tough times and this week they are bracing themselves for another tough battle.
News broke early this week that Munce Racing Pty Ltd was put into Voluntarily Administration and the first meeting of creditors is scheduled for 10am next Wednesday April 29.
Munce wrote to his ownership base this week reassuring all owners.
“You may see reports in the media about Munce Racing which we would like to set straight,” the correspondence said.
“We want to reassure all owners that it is business as usual at Munce Racing and that we will continue to provide the high level of service that we always have.
“All management and personnel remain working for Munce Racing and there will be no changes in this regard as there will be no changes with day-to-day operations and the dealings you have with Munce Racing. There will be no changes to how your horse is trained and cared for.
“Our vision for the future is that Munce Racing will become even better and stronger.”
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Batman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Batman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2020 at 11:48am
Driver of commercial horse transport company had more than horses on board when he was pulled over in Rockhampton this week.
He allegedly had some Extremely Private Offerings for delivery for trainer or trainers on the route. Lance Armstrong style.
Gambling has brought our family closer together. We had to move to a smaller house.
Batman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Batman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2020 at 11:51am
Rule #69 Trainers should not sleep with apprentices almost 30 years younger.
Two reasons. Everybody talks about it, and someone might end up getting pregnant
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2020 at 12:37pm
Batman, you are a wealth of info, especially when it concerns the rabble up here in QLD......wish you could be a little more pointed tho, would love to know more about the goings on here in La La Land. If we could nail only one a week it would be priceless......
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2020 at 2:01pm
Yeah, well don't hold your breath Bonjour , how long did it take for young currie to be upended?
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2020 at 3:13pm
Wasn't that a joke Carioca? Currie's lawyer J Murdoch, No1 trainer, also a barrister, also VP Queensland Trainers Association, .....until he stood aside due to the conflict of interest.....or perception of conflict......
Ahh, QLD, you wouldn't want to live anywhere else......
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2020 at 3:17pm
The trainer sleeping with the apprentice would be educational about the right time to give them a squeeze in a race.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2020 at 3:30pm
Give us a hint, Max.   Suspense is killing me. 
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2020 at 4:27pm
I'll have to ask Bettina Arndt.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2020 at 4:33pm
She'd no doubt claim the young girl threw herself at the old trainer.  Confused
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2020 at 4:43pm
Stranger things have happened, not that I know anything about this particular supposed "relationship".
Batman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Batman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2020 at 1:25pm
Hopefully this is a sign from stewards the Qld Racing is trying to improve behaviour.

Queensland Racing Integrity Commission (QRIC) stewards inquired into an incident which occurred following Race 9, the Fiesta Rentals Benchmark 65 Handicap. Video evidence of the incident was tendered by stewards and evidence was taken from jockey Chris McIver.

After considering all the evidence, jockey McIver was issued with a charge under the provisions of AR228(b), which reads:“ A person must not engage in misconduct, improper conduct or unseemly behaviour.”

The specifics of the charge being that Chris McIver, a licenced jockey with the Queensland Racing and Integrity Commission, did following the running of Race 9, the Fiesta Rentals BM65 Handicap, on 28 April 2020 conducted himself in an improper manner; whilst mounted on Absolute Bonza, on pulling up, did forcibly strike Absolute Bonza with his whip in the region of the head.

Jockey McIver pleaded guilty to the charge.

When considering an appropriate penalty, stewards view breaches of this kind very seriously, as it can have a detrimental effect on the image of racing, and penalties must serve as a general deterrent to illustrate to the entire racing industry that these activities cannot be condoned. Stewards also took into account previous penalties for breaches of this rule and the fact that jockey McIver had a recent breach under this rule in August 2019.

Stewards imposed a six (6) months disqualification of jockey McIver’s licence. Also stewards ordered that the portion of penalty of one (1) month suspension that was stayed following jockey McIvers previous breach under AR228(b), imposed on 5 September 2019, be served at the conclusion of the period of disqualification. Jockey Chris McIver’s licence was disqualified to commence on 28 April 2020, and to conclude on 28 October 2020, with the period of suspension to start at midnight, 28 October 2020, and to conclude at midnight 28 November 2020.
theshu25 View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theshu25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2020 at 1:54pm
Should  have got 6 years.
theshu
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2020 at 4:55pm
I wonder if the stewards looked into the reason why he belted this horse, erratic behaviour by the horse, has the jock got a naturally " short fuse", or is he a bad " waster"when trying to pull off a kilo or two , can really effect some people., it's not a good look though .
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2020 at 4:57pm
Something to do with the jock for sure. Second time he's done something similar
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2020 at 5:03pm
Years ago I would see a strapper for a then prominent trainer, often punch any horse that played up in the parade, no-one seemed to care.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2020 at 5:35pm
Having a previous conviction for this I doubt the treatment is confined to race days Angry
I know of a 'wonderful horseman' trainer who did exactly this pre trackwork, blinding the well bred, unraced youngster, thus rendering it unable to be raced in this country. The owner believed the 'hurt itself overnight' story.
Whips applied to horse heads is unacceptable at ANY time
Disapprove
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2020 at 5:58pm
Did his namesake wear armour?
Batman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Batman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 3:34am
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Did his namesake wear armour?

Kelly?
The clue needs a bit more SC
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 4:45pm
Am guessing a successful Ballarat trainer who died about 30 years ago, but could well be wrong.  Wink
Batman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Batman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 5:25pm
SC. Sorry, I thought you were giving the answer. Maybe Gay should give us some clues. My mistake
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 3:34pm

'An epic fail, it's not a level playing field' - frustrated Qld trainers speak out over integrity concerns

An epic fail, its not a level playing field - frustrated Qld trainers speak out over integrity concerns

Ben Dorries

Integrity issues appear to have reached flashpoint in Queensland racing with a cross-section of trainers up in arms - complaining they are not competing on a level playing field and insisting the Queensland Racing Integrity Commission isn't doing enough to stop doping and cheating.

A body of trainers, collectively with more than a century of racing experience and including 10-time Group I winner Rob Heathcote who now has the Group I JJ Atkins favourite Rothfire, have joined forces.

They have revealed their concerns only two weeks out from Queensland's winter carnival showpiece the Stradbroke Handicap.

They say there is not nearly enough pre-race testing of horses and that QRIC, which oversees integrity standards and stewarding in Queensland, is ineffective.

Racenet has been approached by several other trainers in the last fortnight who have voiced their concerns that the integrity framework in Queensland is simply not up to scratch and needs a major overhaul.

We put the same questions regarding integrity to many trainers, including Heathcote, who is best known for training champion Group I sprint star Buffering.

Heathcote and other trainers, including the widely respected Kelly Schweida who has been in the racing industry for almost five decades, were happy to go 'on the record' with their integrity concerns.

Many other Queensland trainers contacted by Racenet expressed similar sentiments but did not want to speak publicly about the issues raised for varying reasons.

Racenet is in no way casting any aspersions on any trainers who were not contacted for this piece, or those who were contacted but preferred not to answer the following questions regarding integrity.

Do you have total confidence when you take horses to races that you are competing on a level playing field? 

ROB HEATHCOTE: I compete and watch a lot of racing in Queensland and I see so many things which defy logic. I am certain it is not clean here, and it is possibly the worst it has been since I came into racing in 1997. The importance of integrity in racing can never be overstated and this current situation is an epic fail. To hear pre-race testing has been suspended due to budgetary fails is insane.

KELLY SCHWEIDA: I should have confidence but I don’t, especially since COVID-19. There are no stable visits, and very little, if any pre-race tests. I think a lot more could be done as QRIC does seem to have a big staff.  If I am not confident, I do not think owners and punters would be either.

BRYAN AND DANIEL GUY: No, we don’t believe we are competing on a level playing field.

DESLEIGH FORSTER: No. There's not enough people around (QRIC staff and stewards) to do a proper job of it.

Rob Heathcote after winning the 2015 Moir Stakes with Buffering. Pic: Getty Images.

The Qld Racing Integrity Commission was established in 2016 after the greyhound live baiting scandal and subsequent MacSporran report. Do you believe that QRIC has achieved the intention of sound Integrity in racing and also streamlined licensing issues? 

HEATHCOTE: No I definitely do not. The Racing Minister at the time, Grace Grace, said QRIC would be built on the pedestal of integrity and give all in the industry confidence that racing would be clean. Nothing is further from the truth under the current arrangements in this state. The current Racing Minister once said QRIC would be the envy of the nation ... he got that so wrong.

SCHWEIDA: No, I do not. If they find any wrongdoing it appears to take years to do anything, if they do anything at all. For example, there are still positive swabs outstanding from well over 18 months ago to cobalt and regumate. They said we would be the envy of all the states. They’re kidding, the only ones who would say that are the jockeys, who are the envy of other states because of our 'anything goes' situation. In my 48 years in racing, this is the most ridiculous system I have ever seen. A jockey told me about a month ago he had five riding suspensions in the wind. There is no deterrent whatsoever for a jockey to give everyone a fair go.

BRYAN AND DANIEL GUY:  It has not got anywhere near the objectives it was set up to achieve. In terms of licensing we believe that it has gone backwards and is one of the worst examples of its type in racing. The way registration has changed is a disgrace.

FORSTER: No. I don't think some of them (racing officials) have much of an idea. 

Kelly Schweida. Pic: The Courier-Mail.

Do you believe QRIC do all they can to uphold the rules of racing? 

HEATHCOTE: They most certainly do not. There have been many race meetings where no pre-race testing is done at all. That is scandalous and sends the complete wrong message to the industry and to punters who are the lifeblood of the industry. Pre-race stable testing on raceday is virtually non-existent and investigative work on improved performers is unknown to me. We need a stewarding team like they have in NSW and Victoria. Millions is being spent on QRIC in this state which is ineffective in delivering integrity.

SCHWEIDA: I think they believe they do, but the past history says no. I have seen a lot of editorials and reports in the media on individuals, but not many successful convictions.

BRYAN AND DANIEL GUY: No. We believe the stewards are doing the best they can but the framework and hierarchy are poor at best.

FORSTER: No, I don't believe there is enough of them.

Bryan and Daniel Guy. Pic: The Gold Coast Bulletin.

Do you believe there is enough pre-race testing of horses in Queensland racing, understanding what effect ‘tubing’ or ‘milkshaking’ can have on horses? 

HEATHCOTE: I believe all horses, or at least most should have blood taken before the race and all three placegetters should be tested. Non pre-race testing is appalling and gives an open ticket to cheating.

SCHWEIDA: No. There should be a lot more, and I think they have dropped the ball and especially since COVID-19.

BRYAN AND DANIEL GUY: Nowhere near enough pre-race testing. We fall way short of NSW and Victoria. Pre-race (testing) should be done across all levels, Metro, Provincial and Country.

FORSTER: No, there is not nearly enough pre-race testing and the simple reason it comes down to is they don't have enough staff to pre-race test them. I've also noticed there has been a lot less testing than there has been before - the last 12 months has been really bad on that front.

Desleigh Forster. Pic: AAP.

Would you like to see a return to having the TCO2 results published in the Queensland Racing magazine as was the case with a previous Racing Queensland administration? 

HEATHCOTE: Yes I do, at least if QRIC are not vigilant in their duties, at least the industry can have a idea of which trainers are pushing the envelope. Remember, any raceday treatment of any horse is in breach of the rules and if any horses are in the mid-30s range, chances are they have been treated and that allows a form of ‘peer group pressure’. At least it is something of a deterrent.

SCHWEIDA: 100 percent. I think, if I remember correctly QRIC said it (publishing results) would give cheating trainers an advantage. I stand to be corrected, I don’t think they have had any successful convictions, but in actual fact it would give everyone the information including them. If I was a crook, would I rob a bank with everyone watching me?

BRYAN AND DANIEL GUY: Yes it was interesting to see when they were listed on the website. It would also serve as proof that the samples are being processed whereas now the pre and post-race samples are being taken but are they being processed?

FORSTER: I think it was a good idea when these were published. Get them out there so everyone can see them. Then people knew who were pushing the envelope and everyone could see what was going on.

Do you believe the integrity arm of Queensland Racing would be more effective under the control of experienced racing stewards and not QRIC integrity officers? 

HEATHCOTE: Most definitely, not only do I prefer the experienced stewards in charge of detecting rule breaches, there should be dedicated thoroughbred, harness and greyhound stewards and a judiciary system similar to NSW and Victoria. Why we in Queensland are so different is ludicrous and shows how absurd the formation of QRIC has been. Just look at the way penalties are overturned and defeated on appeal. I just hope sanity prevails in this state, it hasn’t for a long time and we can de-politicise the way the state's racing is run and get to a model similar to NSW. Break up the three code system and give control of each of the three codes to passionate people with experience in the code who have the right desire to run their code properly.

SCHWEIDA: 100 percent. I think stewards should be in charge of integrity in each of the three separate codes. Too many people in QRIC are completely foreign to racing. Stewards seem to do their jobs, but QRIC take over and it all ends up in never-never land.

BRYAN AND DANIEL GUY: You wouldn’t put a racing chief steward in charge of the police, so why do the reverse! It is clear they are doing their best but they don’t understand the industry. What the industry needs is a racing head of integrity who understands the challenges that the industry faces and can give guidance to the raceday stewards. Also this person would have a greater understanding of licensing which would be a big improvement on what we currently have.

DESLEIGH FORSTER: Yes, I do think it could go back to the stewards. I don't have any issues with the stewards themselves, they are all pretty good. The stewards at least understand the racing industry.

* Racenet spoke to QRIC Commissioner Ross Barnett about the concerns of these trainers, and of others in the Queensland industry, and you can read his response in a separate piece published today CLICK HERE *

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 3:53pm

QRIC Commissioner Ross Barnett responds to integrity concerns from Qld trainers

QRIC Commissioner Ross Barnett responds to integrity concerns from Qld trainers
QRIC Commissioner Ross Barnett. Photo: AAP
Ben Dorries Article Author
Ben Dorries

Queensland Racing Integrity Commissioner Ross Barnett has responded at length to the integrity concerns raised by a section of Queensland trainers in today's piece on Racenet.

Here are the questions we put to Barnett and his responses, which have been run in full and not edited. To read the initial Racenet story click HERE.

BEN DORRIES: The prevailing opinion among Queensland trainers who were quoted in Racenet's piece today, and also many of those who were contacted but didn't want to be speak publicly about the issue, is there is little confidence at the moment that trainers and owners are able to send their horses to the races in Queensland and compete on a level playing field. Thoughts?

ROSS BARNETT: Complaints that certain trainers are cheating are constant from within the racing industry and are often made by other trainers. The Commission established the ‘Report Something portal’ in June 2018 to encourage the public and industry to report any mistreatment of racing animals or wrongdoing within the racing industry.

More than 75 percent of the non-anonymous reports received through the portal are directly from racing industry participants. There is so much Industry gossip, innuendo, suspicion and scepticism which is not evidence.

If trainers have information about cheating they want investigated, then they can speak to me personally, in total confidence, as occurs now from time to time.  If they don’t pass on information then they have no right to criticise a lack of action about the problem.

Since July 2018 more than 1300 reports have been received through the Report Something portal, of those, 268 have been or are currently being investigated.  The Commission investigates specific intelligence about the alleged activities of trainers and the Integrity Investigations Team (IIT) conduct covert and overt inquiries into these allegations. 

Many of the covert surveillance operations we conduct would be completely unknown to the trainers concerned and for this reason trainers complaining about inaction would not have a genuine appreciation of how much effort the Commission puts in to policing the industry.  Just because we don’t advertise our presence and they don’t see our IIT at work does not mean we are not very active.

The trainers caught red-handed treating horses on race days across the state are a matter of public record and demonstrate the Commission’s commitment to ensuring trainers play by the rules. Since July 2018 more than 900 no-notice thoroughbred stable inspections have been undertaken, 500 of these were race day inspections.

The stable inspections are undertaken to look for evidence of prohibited substances and other breaches of the rules of racing including animal welfare matters. 

BEN DORRIES: There is also a view there is not enough pre-race testing being done, and also one trainer said he believed that at one point pre-race testing was suspended due to budgetary issues? Is there any truth in that? How much pre-race testing is done and do you think it's enough - seeing as many trainers clearly think it isn't?

ROSS BARNETT: The Commission has a strong emphasis on pre-race and post-race testing of participants and animals throughout Queensland including mandatory testing of all winning animals across the three codes of racing. Testing has not been suspended at any time.

Since July 2018 the Commission has carried out 37,144 tests on samples collected pre and post-race as well as out of competition testing in three codes. In the thoroughbred code alone there were 15,411 samples tested and 2885 were pre-race tests.

During the major racing carnivals our pre-race testing is intensive and often includes all runners in feature races and high percentages of runners are tested in all other races on the program. There have been 95 thoroughbred positive samples identified since July 2018. 

BEN DORRIES: Much of the Queensland industry, including those on the record for Racenet's piece today, seem to have little confidence in QRIC and indeed believe the racing industry should entirely be returned under the control of stewards rather than QRIC. Does it concern you there appears so little confidence in QRIC and what would you say about this?

ROSS BARNETT: Nearly 90 percent of the QRIC Integrity Investigations Team (IIT) are stewards with race day experience.  In addition, the IIT has an experienced veterinarian who assists the team with animal welfare matters.

I don’t accept the premise that much of the industry lacks confidence in the Commission, although I know we have a vocal cohort of knockers and some people have never accepted the independent model, particularly the idea of the industry not being in control of its own integrity matters. 

We also accept that the internal review and QCAT process laid down in our Act is unpopular and we also would like to see things resolved more quickly. 

The volume of reports we get providing information for investigation is more than 700 every year, coming mostly from industry participants and that is clear evidence that we do have the trust and confidence of many in the industry. If they did not think we were effective in our role they would not bother to report.

When we first started in 2016 the previous Racing Queensland (RQ) Integrity Unit had about 15 matters in total being investigated so the improvement in industry support for our work has been enormous and sustained for the whole four years the Commission has been in existence.

As for the stated desire for racing to revert to the control of the stewards -  under the Commission structure the role and authority of the stewards, both on race days and otherwise has not changed and the role of the Integrity Investigations Team is the same as it was in the previous RQ administration. 

What the Commission model has done is value-add and complement the Steward’s authority with additional Authorised Officer powers and some coercive hearings powers to investigate matters which are not generally covered under the Rules of Racing.       

BEN DORRIES: Judging by Racenet's question with regards to the TCO2 results, there seems to be a desire to go back to the days when these were published by Racing Queensland. The industry and punters knew which trainers may have been 'pushing the envelope' - is there a sound reason why now they aren't published and could they return to being published such as many trainers seem to want? It could dissuade some of those 'pushing the envelope'?

ROSS BARNETT: The Commission is not presently considering publishing TCO2 results. This information should remain confidential as an integrity measure as we believe publishing these results could provide unscrupulous trainers with free information about how far they ‘push the envelope’ before breaching the TCO2 threshold.  The offence thresholds for TCO2 are vigorously enforced and we also identify those ‘pushing the envelope’ and ensure that information is considered in our race day sampling strategy.   

BEN DORRIES: Do you think Queensland racing is as clean as it can be at the moment? How clean is it? Can more be done?

ROSS BARNETT: Cheating will always be part of the racing industry and the risk grows as prizemoney increases but there is more being done now than ever before to test, investigate and prosecute participants to ensure there is a level playing field in racing in Queensland.

Most participants play by the rules of racing as is evidenced from the low number of positive samples compared to the thousands of tests carried out throughout the state every year.

It is only a few who break the rules that bring this industry that most participants are passionate about, into disrepute. Sadly the need to catch the few cheaters and uphold the integrity of the industry to protect the majority, and the wagering public, is not diminishing.

The secondment of the Police Racing Crime Squad to the Commission gives the honest industry participants added confidence that where race fixing, fraud, serious animal cruelty or other criminal matters occur in the industry they will be investigated promptly and thoroughly.

We are never complacent about integrity standards and that is why, since the Commission commenced we have increased the size of the IIT, employed more race day Stewards, additional vets and introduced an investigations case management system where none existed before. In addition the Commission has created an Intelligence Operations Unit to ensure the information we receive is thoroughly evaluated and linked to effectively support our investigations.

To enhance our investigations capability we have also employed a betting analyst with extensive commercial wagering industry experience.  The Commission is constantly re-evaluating and altering our sampling and analytical strategy and millions of dollars has been spent on new testing equipment to give us new capabilities to increase the risk of detection for the cheats.

Queensland Racing Industry participants have an obligation to race within the rules. Those in the industry must take more responsibility for their own actions.

Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 7:15pm
How can you have integrity when you don't have the money to pre race test? It beggars belief, Barnett should stand aside, ''cheating will always be part of the racing industry'' yep, that's QLD.......or the perception after that comment........good on ya Ross, brings back memories of Big Russ and his Mate Joh....nothings changed here since the 60's and 70's..;;;;bloody shameful, I'm disgusted.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 7:19pm
Well blow me down, we agree for a change Bonjour.  Shocked
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 7:25pm
You should know how I stand on this SC, go back through the thread, I detest these bludgers, it's the worst kept secret up here, so many knew there was no pre-racing, open slather, the poor buggers that do the right thing will always run second to the clued up ones.....it happened over in NZ.....No pre race testing even for the big black type races, how then can the pattern committee accept those results, it will always leave a stain....and the innuendo of course.
Majestic View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Majestic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 10:57pm
watch Emerald Qld 11 April, R7 Hackshaw Ridge. Jock got 4 months for “hooking”. Did they get it right?
Batman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Batman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 7:03am
Greg Hickman closing Qld stable. Cannot compete with the cheats?
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 8:31am
He might just be the first of a few......
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 12>