Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Queensland Racing Integrity

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight arrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 6:41pm
So has anyone got an idea why no inquiry? Cory is walking and talking fine! What’s the hold up?
Batman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Batman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 5:51am
The problem is that the Spring Carnival is on, and the protected species need to ride. A quick enquiry in late November will allow for a suspension over Xmas and back in time for Magic Millions

Edited by Gay3 - 10 Oct 2019 at 1:29pm
Gambling has brought our family closer together. We had to move to a smaller house.
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 8:16am
You got it.

Edited by Gay3 - 10 Oct 2019 at 1:30pm
Batman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Batman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 11:12am
Stewards have set the date for the resumption of an inquiry into the Queensland Derby fall which resulted in high-profile jockey Corey Brown suffering serious injuries.

Queensland Racing Integrity Commission stewards confirmed the inquiry would resume on October 21 with four jockeys required to attend.

Brown, a dual Melbourne Cup-winning rider, was aboard Lord Arthur who fell at the 300m mark in the Derby at Eagle Farm on June 8.

He suffered injuries to his spine, ribs and lungs and will be out of the saddle for an indefinite period.

New Zealand horse Lord Arthur was euthanised.

An inquiry was opened on the day with evidence taken from several jockeys and then adjourned until a time when Brown was fit enough to attend.

Stewards will call Brown and fellow jockeys Tommy Berry, Matt McGillivray and Tim Clark to give evidence at the inquiry.

Chief steward Peter Chadwick said the priority had been to give Brown time and there had been problems getting all jockeys together.

Haha. Joke of the year. Holiday will start after MC week

Edited by Gay3 - 10 Oct 2019 at 1:30pm
Gambling has brought our family closer together. We had to move to a smaller house.
Straight arrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight arrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 12:36pm
But if jockey was John doyourbest it would of been held within days of brown leaving hospital
Batman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Batman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by Straight arrow Straight arrow wrote:

But if jockey was John doyourbest it would of been held within days of brown leaving hospital

That’s a certainty. Not unlike some of the trainers continuing with positive swans hanging over their heads for months and years. This is still Joh country
Batman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Batman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 1:55pm
Sorry Gay. Will not quote if post above.
Batman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Batman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 1:59pm
Stewards Report: Ben Ahrens – King Luther
Date: 5 September 2019
Panel: D Aurisch, N Boyle & L Hicks
Queensland Racing Integrity Commission (QRIC) Stewards today concluded an inquiry into a report from the analyst that the prohibited substance COBALT was detected in a urine sample taken from KING LUTHER at the Sunshine Coast Turf Club on 4 November 2018.
Documentary evidence was tabled from the Racing Science Centre (RSC) and the Racing Analytical Service Limited (RASL) along with evidence from licensed trainer Mr Ben Ahrens.
After considering all of the evidence, Mr Ahrens was issued with a charge pursuant to AR178 which states:
Subject to AR 178G, when any horse that has been brought to a racecourse for the purpose of engaging in a race and a prohibited substance is detected in any sample taken from it prior to or following its running in any race, the trainer and any other person who was in charge of such horse at any relevant time may be penalised
The specifics of the charge being that Ben Ahrens as the trainer of KING LUTHER brought that horse to the Sunshine Coast Turf Club on 4 November 2018 for the purpose of engaging in the Maiden Plate 1200m, and a pre-race urine sample taken was found to contain the prohibited substance COBALT above the excepted threshold.
Mr Ahrens pleaded guilty to the charge and made submissions in regard to mitigation regarding the reason for Cobalt being present in the sample.
In determining an appropriate penalty, Stewards acknowledged Mr Ahrens’s unblemished record over a long period. However, Stewards were also mindful of similar penalty precedents, the negative impact such breaches have on the image of racing and the need for a penalty to serve as an appropriate deterrent to ensure racing is conducted free of prohibited substances.
Mr Ahrens was advised that his trainer’s licence was suspended for a period of nine months. Under AR 283 (7) the Stewards deferred this suspension until midnight Monday 9 September 2019. Therefore, the 9 month suspension of Mr Ahrens’s licence to train will commence midnight 9 September 2019 and expire at midnight 9 June 2020.
KING LUTHER was disqualified from its 6th placing in the C, G & E Maiden Plate at the Sunshine Coast on 4 November 2018 and the placings were amended accordingly.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 3:49pm
I wish they'd specify amounts found as the harness stewards do Disapprove

Surely they mean accepted rather than "........ above the excepted threshold." Confused

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
mc41 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 3:58pm
Not sure why there not disqualified
Batman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Batman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 5:53pm
Probably have another related business, such as stud or spelling Farm. Suspension affects the racing part of the business. Would not find that unacceptable if that was the case
Batman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Batman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2019 at 8:05am
Originally posted by Batman Batman wrote:

The problem is that the Spring Carnival is on, and the protected species need to ride. A quick enquiry in late November will allow for a suspension over Xmas and back in time for Magic Millions

McGillivray was suspended from October 30 to November 20 while Berry was outed from October 30 to November 13.

Both will appeal and seek an internal review which should ensure they will not miss any remaining meetings of the spring carnival.

Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2019 at 8:33am
If I owned the deceased horse I would sue..I'd explore all my legal options, these blokes are just careless and reckless, all in the name of money.......accountability rears it's head again.
Batman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Batman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2019 at 7:23pm
From Racenet.com

Sidelined jockey Corey Brown says the handling of the inquiry into his Queensland Derby fall has left him dismayed.

The dual Melbourne Cup-winning jockey fell from Lord Arthur in the incident on June 8 and suffered a fractured T7 vertebrae, fractured ribs, a cracked sternum and punctured lung in an incident Brown described as the “darkest and loneliest moment” of his life.

Brown isn’t expected to make a comeback until late next year.

Queensland stewards reconvened the inquiry on Monday, more than four months after the fall.

In August chief steward Peter Chadwick told AAP, the extended delay was the result of logistics of getting all four jockeys together at the one time.

Matt McGillivray, who rode Grand Bouquet, was suspended for three weeks while Tommy Berry, Nobu’s jockey was suspended for two weeks after they were found guilty of careless riding charges.

A third jockey, Tim Clark, was also charged but after his submissions to stewards, was found not guilty.

Brown, who’s been riding for more than 20 years, expressed dismay at the way the entire process was handled by Queensland officials.

“In all my time as a jockey, I’ve never been involved in such a drawn-out matter – and why?” Brown said.

“They said in August they couldn’t get us all together at the one time but the first time I heard from stewards about it was only a month ago.

“Then I find out I have to pay for flights to go to Queensland to give evidence. Why did I have I have to pay – I was the one put on the deck?

“I’m not dirty on the other riders. No one goes out there and is deliberately careless, it was an accident and accidents happen in our sport which is so competitive.

“I just can’t believe how the whole thing was dragged out and ended up costing me money. I’m the one that can’t work in my chosen field at the moment.”

Brown said on leaving the hearing, the suspended riders were greeted by a representative of the Queensland jockeys’ association to complete the paperwork to appeal their suspensions.

Both will appeal and seek an internal review which should ensure they will not miss any remaining meetings of the spring carnival.

McGillivray was suspended from October 30 to November 20 while Berry was outed from October 30 to November 13.

This shows what a joke the Qld stewards are. This is borderline corruption at best, and illegal behaviour at worst. Sackable for mine.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2019 at 7:43pm
What universe do you live in Batman?  Where's there any evidence of corruption or illegality in this matter?

Nothing more than usual incompetence. 
Batman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Batman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2019 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

What universe do you live in Batman?  Where's there any evidence of corruption or illegality in this matter?

Nothing more than usual incompetence. 

Your correct SC but the sixth middie of Tooheys got my temper riled. Still think it was prearranged by stewards to hold a low key inquirey which didn’t affect Berrys spring carnival.
Batman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Batman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2019 at 8:19am
Hey SC, what about this one. Do you think anything will be done?
WELL KNOWN BRISBANE TRAINER SET TO BE CHARGED?

THE last thing we want to do is pre-empt what is bound to happen or steal the thunder of QRIC.

But the racing industry in Brisbane is agog with rumours (and it's more than that) involving a well known trainer in plenty of strife.

All we can tell you is that he is in hot water after some under age industry participants made serious allegations.

Story goes QRIC have taken evidence from the complainants and listened to some allegedly damning mobile phone messages.

Expect a QRIC Media Release or announcement of police charges against the trainer (who won't be named but the industry timmy drums are beating his name) over the holiday period.
Discohips23 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Discohips23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2019 at 6:47pm
Once again. If it’s a Police issue. then the Police will sort it out. I would rather the Police to sort that stuff out, the same way I’d rather the Stewards sort racing stuff out
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2019 at 7:50pm
Precisely.
SHOVHOG View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHOVHOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2019 at 8:31pm
The stewards up there are a joke anyway. You wouldn’t expect them to make any progress in any situation. There’s a huge story that will come out of there one day involving multiple trainers and a steward. Bigger then the cramps in Mildura.
" In gambling the many must lose in order for the few to win"
Batman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Batman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 5:00am
Originally posted by Discohips23 Discohips23 wrote:

Once again. If it’s a Police issue. then the Police will sort it out. I would rather the Police to sort that stuff out, the same way I’d rather the Stewards sort racing stuff out

Totally correct but I would hope that monitored sites like this would show the authorities that the average people know what’s happening and expect action. Guilty or innocent will be decided by the appropriate persons.
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 10:34am
Originally posted by SHOVHOG SHOVHOG wrote:

The stewards up there are a joke anyway. You wouldn’t expect them to make any progress in any situation. There’s a huge story that will come out of there one day involving multiple trainers and a steward. Bigger then the cramps in Mildura.

Most of us in the industry know of that story, the former steward who let rip on social media stood up for that, however, nothing will come of it...it's QLD after all.
Batman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Batman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 4:50am
The Queensland Racing Integrity Commission says careful consideration will be needed before determining an application by disqualified jockey Danny Nikolic for a riding licence in Queensland.

QRIC Boss Ross Barnett confirmed Nikolic filed an application before Christmas.

"As per usual procedure, careful consideration will be made before a decision is made," he said.

Nikolic has not ridden since September 2012 after being banned following a running battle with Victorian stewards.

He last applied for a licence in Queensland in 2015.

Nikolic did part of his apprenticeship in Queensland with the late trainer Bruce McLachlan and has some close ties to the state.

He has ridden with plenty of success in Queensland including the Stradbroke Handicap on Show A Heart (2002) and Thorn Park (2004).

AAP understands if granted a licence Nikolic would be based in North Queensland.

His application is likely to be decided by QRIC's Licensing department later this month.
Batman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Batman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 4:51am
Unlikely to happen, but word is Nth Queensland’s biggest owner is backing him. Thought it must be 1st April
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 11:00am
NQ is crying out for a rider of his calibre , may be a asset not a liability, that is if he can leave behind any baggage with officialdom, some young riders up here may benefit.
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 11:06am
Tom, would go close to being the biggest private owners in the state, so he may have some influence if it is true, he doesn't normally make bad calls.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2020 at 8:45am

Queensland Racing Integrity Commission stewards have scratched four horses from two meetings on Saturday after a surprise inspection of a Toowoomba stable.

QRIC’s Integrity Investigations Team raided Robert Smith’s stable on Saturday morning, allegedly finding him in possession of needles and syringes.

QRIC reported four horses set to run on Saturday were still on the property at the time of the inspection.

Stewards scratched Tocokoe and Madam Mahal from a race at the Gold Coast while Purple Gem and Boomtown Babe were scratched from a race at Nanango.

Queensland Racing Integrity Commissioner Ross Barnett released a statement advising Smith denied any breaches of the rules of racing.

“However, the Stewards acted swiftly to ensure the integrity of today’s races while investigations continue,” the release read.

A QRIC vet took swabs from all four horses as well as samples from the needles and syringes to be sent for analysis.

The QRIC investigation into the matter continues.

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2020 at 9:58am
I'm sick and tired of these rsoles, 95% of us do the right thing, but inferior beings looking for an edge? same as that dick from NZ = RL.........for God's sake show some leadership and stand people down, Weir got caught with a needle too, a long way back, maybe we should learn from past mistakes.

This is a fabulous industry, but the 'whatever it takes brigade' need to be rubbed out, consistently and efficiently, let's see what transpires with the latest Raceday fiasco.
Batman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Batman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2020 at 3:20pm
Well said Bonjour. You should see what happens when they are not pre-race testing at some SEQ tracks. As soon as the trainers are aware, the milkshakers are straight onto it. Number is winners is relative to swab scrutiny.

Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2020 at 4:58pm

Absolutely Batman, I've no doubt you are spot on.

Edited by Gay3 - 16 Feb 2020 at 5:34pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>