Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Queensland Racing Integrity

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 12>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 8:35pm

MEANWHILE, our well-informed colleague at peterprofit.com (ARCHIE BUTTERFLY) today reported the following:

“As there is nothing about the matter on the QRIC website I am unable to confirm this rumor, so cannot put my hand on my heart and swear that it is true.

The rumour is that North Queensland trainer-jockey Trinity Bannon has allegedly copped a 12 month ban from stewards for refusing to take a drug test."

HERE’S hoping this is not another Inquiry that ‘Pete the Plodder’ decided to hold behind closed doors and report nothing to the racing public, the punters or the media. Time will tell.

LGHR is not suggesting the rumor is correct but it spread like wildfire in the north during the day and QRIC needs to clear the air because if it is incorrect Bannon is copping criticism she does not deserve.

Within hours of the Butterfly’s website reporting the rumor LGHR was contacted by former  North Queensland trainer John Zeilke suggesting if we wanted to know ‘plenty’ about the Bannon stable he would be happy to keep us informed ‘first hand as a former employee'. “You couldn’t make this gelati up. It’s a novel,” Zeilke promised.

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2021 at 2:03pm

Vetted trio all found lame after Kingsford-Smith Cup Unhappy

Three horses vetted and passed fit to run in the Group 1 Kingsford-Smith Cup on Saturday all returned lame from Saturday’s contest which saw Vega One snatch an unlikely victory.

In a blow for punters and connections, Gytrash, Savatiano and Savatoxl all struggled through the 1300m contest after stewards found them to be mildly lame on Thursday afternoon.

All three were subject to last-minute vet checks on Friday morning with favourites Gytrash and Savatiano both passed fit while Savatoxl was given the green light on Saturday morning.

While Gytrash and Savatoxl were found to be lame in the same legs they had vetted earlier in the week, Savatiano was found to be lame in the near foreleg.

It marked a messy race for Gytrash who was severely hampered at the 300m mark when Savatoxl shifted out under jockey Barend Vorster.

On the line Savatoxl finished sixth, beaten 1.2 lengths with Savatiano a 1.8 length ninth and Gytrash finishing 12th, beaten 2.8 lengths.

Both Gytrash and Savatiano will be required to pass vet checks prior to their next start.

Savatiano went to the post as $4 favourite in the Kingsford-Smith after opening at $3.60 in official fluctuations while Gytrash was second elect at $6 after opening at $5.50 and touching $6.50 and The Goodwood winner Savatoxl eased at every call from $11 to start $15.

Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2021 at 2:17pm
Can anyone confirm the vet involved was Martin Lenz?
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2021 at 2:34pm
The Raceday vets (according to report)
Veterinarian – Dr M Lenz, Dr S Flynn, Dr K Caldwel
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2021 at 2:47pm
Says everything! My Missus had a long.....long conversation with Martin L, after she hung up she tried to kill herself.......Clap
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2021 at 11:36am
Desleigh F cops a K4 fine, 50% suspended, 3rd drug offence, yep, it's QLD, great deterrent that boys, the young guns on the up must be laughing when Aunty Des cops that.
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2021 at 11:54am
The Letsgohorseracing website is running a very good read indeed regarding the very smelly Kim Alecia inquiry. I urge everyone to read this, when I lived and worked in QLD in 1973 it was a dirty smelly political outcast, racing was iffy to say the least, the policing here was worse. Nothing has changed in all that time, it appears we Queenslanders must be genetically flawed, QRIC must have some good people within it's framework, however there must be a turning point, it can't go on, we had serious issues with QRIC, enough to involve the Fed Police, it appears our concerns have been stymied, now an investigative journalist is hopefully going to unravel what happened with our concerns, a massive bio security coverup that would have impacted on the winter carnival a few years ago, we sympathise and empathise with Helen Yates the owner of Kim Alicia as we know first hand what the MO at headquarters is, good luck Helen.
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2021 at 11:25am
Well well, blow me over with a feather, T Gollan 5 positive swabs to 'Furosemide' [Lasix] at Doomben trials 15th April, pleads guilty, K1 fine on each charge, you gotta luv QLD, Joh's alive and well and looking over us all.......
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2021 at 12:38pm
Gee, that was quick Wink only 3mths & post completion of the carnival, how bloody convenient & not forgetting the feather duster slap Angry
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2021 at 1:41pm
Don't you just love the likes of Racenet and co who wont go there?
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2021 at 2:01pm
The idiots in charge up there should be reminded of the rules of racing , that trials are run under Race conditions and as such their horses must be presented drug free , although this is like comparing apples to oranges bute v lasix the outcome of young Jason Oliver should be thrown in their lap , give em an inch , and they will take a mile.!! Angry
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2021 at 4:31pm
Thats it, isnt it.  Trial them on drugs and they fall/break down in a race, and it aint the trainer that dies. Angry The jock and the horse suffer, and this clown gets off with a slap on the wrist with a wet noodle and life goes on just fine for him, and bugga the honest trainners as well.  
animals before people.
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2021 at 5:39pm
Lasix stops bleeding, full stop, you'd only use it if you were concerned you had a bleeder, that's why we export good horses known to bleed to the USA........maybe Tony has another reason, I''d love to learn that. I'm not too old to learn, although I am bloody old!
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2021 at 6:02pm
Like any duretic it's a urine diluter , it can be used as a masking agent , of course it's a boon for bleeders , but not on Raceday as we know from one case concerning a Metropolitan winner. Big smile
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2021 at 8:17am
Peterprofit.com hasn't gone near this story, mates? yep, don't shop your mates, he should of course in all fairness to the other people he has named and shamed, but after all it's only Lasix and everyone slips up from time to time.....don't they?
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 1:30pm
Finally, today, 13th July we get a report on Racenet re Gollan and his 5 positive swabs, I wonder what flushed them out, I'm always suspicious of recalcitrant reporting, got used to it from that mob though.
Hello Sunshine View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hello Sunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2021 at 12:25pm
Came across this piece. How does a Labor government justify this?

ABC NEWS

Education Queensland confirms 'sustainable racing industry' in strategic plan not a typo

What does the racing industry have to do with Queensland classrooms?

Education Queensland has released its Strategic Plan 2021-25 and the document has teachers scratching their heads.

The last of the six strategic outcomes is "a sustainable racing industry in Queensland".

"Education is education and racing's racing — they're, you know … really different industries," Queensland Teachers Union president Cresta Richardson said.

While the inclusion has been met with amusement and bewilderment from teachers, the state's peak animal welfare body has a few other words to describe it.

"Bizarre, to be honest," said Tracey Jackson from the RSPCA.

"If it was just purely about ensuring the sustainable racing industry and pathways into the industry, I don't see how an education department could support that.

"For us, a 'sustainable industry' is an industry that doesn't have a negative impact on the animals involved.

"The use of whips, the injuries, the oversupply of animals … I don't see on what level you could talk about any racing industry being sustainable."

When portfolios collide

Racing was added to Grace Grace's portfolio after a cabinet reshuffle in late 2020.

"The fact that the Minister for Education is also the Minister for Industrial Relations and the Minister for Racing, I would say that is probably just a typo," Ms Richardson said.

But it is not a typo.

The ABC sought comment from the Minister but did not receive a response by the time of publishing.

But in a written response, a spokesperson for the Department of Education said:

"The racing function must be reflected in the department's strategic plan alongside the department's other key portfolios of early childhood education, school education and the Office of Industrial Relations."

The union does not expect its members to have to add racing-related lessons.

"I'm sure some teachers would look at that with a little bit of [perplexity] and think, 'What's going on here?'" Ms Richardson said.

"Racing doesn't have much to do at all with kids in the classroom.

"I would be hoping that the strategic plan would be re-released with perhaps that dot point under 'Racing' rather than under 'Education.'"

So, no maths lessons based on the Magic Millions?

"No Magic Millions and maths!" Ms Richardson said.

A teachable moment?

The RSPCA said the inclusion of racing in the document could kickstart important conversations.

"I think there's room in schools for children to engage in some critical thinking about animal welfare in general," Ms Jackson said.

"Education is the biggest tool we have when it comes to protecting animals.

"If there's an opportunity for us to become involved with the education of young children in schools, we would jump at that.

"But at this stage, I can't see how it comes across as anything other than perhaps Grace Grace getting a two-for-one in the education strategic plan — she's covering off on both her portfolios.

"Of all the industries that education could be focused on, I struggle to see how racing has stood out amongst the crowd, particularly in these challenging times."https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/education-queensland-confirms-sustainable-racing-industry-in-strategic-plan-not-a-typo/ar-AAMIrdE

Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2021 at 12:40pm
Grace Grace = disgraceful, it's like having a plumber come around to do your electrical work, QLD it just keeps giving doesn't it?
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2021 at 12:43pm
The Missus is still waiting on Tim Mander to get back to her following her email re the welfare fund.....transparency and accountability, it makes you wonder if these people have heard these words and understand their meaning, Tim being the shadow minister, well, you would think he would grab every opportunity to grill disgraceful Grace wouldn't you......lets see.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2021 at 12:44pm

THIS time last year NON-TAB races at Mt Isa carried prizemoney purses of 10 grand each.

Then something happened on the way to the circus, and suddenly one morning trainers and jockeys woke up and found the stake money had been cut to $7,450.

Never fear, Gee Gee, the Whirlwind and Pins are here.

Racing Queensland and the Racing Minister are pleased to announce that every race in the Isa will now be worth a minimum of eight and a half grand.

A $1500 cut in prizemoney is being sold as ‘A BIG BOOST AND HUGE WIN’.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2021 at 1:05pm
So generous.Cry
Meanwhile I bet the committee members in Brisbane dine in style and spend that $1500 on their wine bill.

animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2021 at 1:06pm
PS.  Always kick the little guy when he is down Thumbs Up
animals before people.
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2021 at 1:58pm
And now stupid Janet Young Anathesia's glove puppet has locked us down.......have to be home ny 4pm.....oh God, can it get any worse.
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 10:51am
Peterprofit is running a story regarding a well known EF based trainer and her bankruptcy problems, in the old days.....not that long ago, we had to furnish our financials before being granted a licence to train and had to maintain financial stability at all times......different world now.
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 7:43pm
Ben Currie, Dorries doing a story on this trainer, well, FWIW I believe everyone deserves a second chance, except, in extreme cases.......now Ben is adamant his referral to harped up did not refer to a jigger, I was first licensed as trainer back in 87.......in all those years I heard the word harp and words harped up many times, sometimes by well known persons, it always referred to the horse being hit with the jigger........I wont say anymore, he's done his time, and it's cost him plenty, but to me, and I'm old enough to be his grand dad, A harps a jigger, just own up. IMO. 
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 7:50pm
If a person is disqualified and their time is up it should not mean their licence is automatically reinstated. 

Like a newby going for a trainers licence they should have to show they are fit and proper. 

cough cough. 
reductio ad absurdum
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 7:52pm
Cough cough splutter.....
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 12:10am
Well, if they dont think a harp is a jigger ??    What do they think a harp does ????  Play sweet music ???  Confused
animals before people.
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 7:59am
Yep, apparently.
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 8:07am
Archie loves Ben, he's as blind as a bat when it comes to Benny, I understand loyalty, but, but, when a non racing adjudicator decides a harp isn't a stinger/jigger then there's no hope for true justice in our caper is there.......all that woman needed to do was to ask a dozen senior trainers located well enough away from the accused so as not to encounter prejudice what they would think if the term ''the horse was harped up'' meant.........do you lot agree?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 12>