Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Official TBV Health Food thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Official TBV Health Food thread
    Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 2:15pm
Not sure if this little artery hardener is technically a health food, it covers a ton of food groups and I am going to give it a crack. Clap

VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 4:24pm
Lucky that it is a TBV health food, because anyone coming on telling us about 5/2 diets, or the incredible powers of rabbit food like chia and quinoa and any other oa's, was going to get a verbal smackdown.

But I think PT, there might be a few villagers, who will be urging you to have more than one of those, to get those arteries really hardening
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 4:27pm
I dont think anyone would be that unkind Voyager.

PS, my arteries per full blood screen and ophthalmologist tests in recent weeks suggest I could easily handle several of those babies.Thumbs Up
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 4:30pm
I wonder how many Vad could eat?
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 4:40pm
Just made a big pot of Chicken and Veg Soup in my slow cooker.
Will keep me going for a few days
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 4:45pm
That is hard to beat SD, especially with a buttered chunk of artisan bread.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 6:32pm
Please give me your receipt ( cant spell it, having a brain dead day ), Sky Dancer.
animals before people.
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 6:39pm
It’s a pretty simple recipe, one that my grandmother passed down. Just go by trial and error until you like it

Chop up all the veggies (I used the blender) pumpkin , carrot, potato, parsnip , celery, sweet pot, onion, Swede. Anything you like really

2 cups of rice , 1 carton liquid chicken stock.
1 pkt French onion soup
1pkt chick noodle soup
1 whole roast chicken.
Throw it all in, put cooker on high for about 8 hours.
Once done, cool down (overnight in fridge)
Skim fat off the top, remove the chicken and just pick the bones out and shred the meat.
Put the shredded chicken back in,
And then it’s ready to heat up to eat, if it’s too thick just add some more liquid stock before reheating.

Tastes good on a cold day

Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 8:56pm
Good tucker there Sky, put a saddle on you and go 2 mile evens, no probs.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 9:00pm
Kale anyone?  QuestionDeadShocked
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 9:10pm
Kale ?   I grow a bit, eat a little, compost a lot.   There are much nicer greens.  Cows like it though. 

I grow lots of veg, some of it is a community garden where everyone is welcome to pick.  They strip out the spinach and the lettuces, the chinese greens and the silverbeet.

No one ever touches the kale.  But I keep growing it anyway...
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 9:20pm
Image result for kale jokes
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 9:33pm
I’ll go two mile....in the car
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 10:56pm
LOL   Poor Kale.

I found a local bulk store recently.  BYO bags and jars.  Fill them up, pay by weight.  Flours, nuts, seeds, grains, dried fruit, beans and pulses, loads of lollies and with olive oil, honey and peanut butter on tap.

No useless packaging and its cheap too.  Garam Masala sells for $2.00 per 25g in Colesworth.  That's $80/kg.  The bulk store charges $20/kg in whatever quantity you want.  Sesame Seed ?  $25/kg at Colesworth.  $9/kg at the bulk store.

I go every week to buy bread mix.  They mix all their own varieties from strong bakers flour for $3/kg.  All I need to do is add a cup of water to 450g of bread mix and teaspoon of yeast for crusty bread that never fails.  $1.50 a loaf.  I bake every second day.

They also have pre mix for muffins and buns too.  Chocolate brownies as well. 

I only put my 80L wheelie bin out once every 3 weeks, only when it is full, because I just don't have to dispose of the packaging any more.  Instead I save my paper bags like a scrooge and reuse them. 

I barely go near a Colesworth any more.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

I dont think anyone would be that unkind Voyager.

PS, my arteries per full blood screen and ophthalmologist tests in recent weeks suggest I could easily handle several of those babies.Thumbs Up

Sadly, given my 2 stents, I suspect I should avoid it
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 11:15pm
I have one stent. I am game though.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 11:17pm
Me too
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 11:17pm
Me too
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 1:25pm
I see on the news blurb I get that prisoners are getting better meals than hospital patients.  Makes sense . Need to keep the crims happy and healthy Angry
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 1:27pm
I think the problem isn't that prison inmates eat better but that hospital patients eat worse.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 4:21pm
Will try to help but I think this thread is destined for Sad Threads

I have discovered Campbell's Condensed Tomato Soup. Mix with milk, heat up, I have it with steamed rice or bits of toast. Delicious, I live on it these days
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 4:35pm
I used to be a big condensed soup consumer during winter, but added a little slab of 2 minute noodles for the last couple of minutes of heating. Great staples.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 5:28pm
Much better than Pal on toast !!!Wink  And it doesnt make you sniff posts either Thumbs Up
animals before people.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 12:54am
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Much better than Pal on toast !!!Wink  And it doesnt make you sniff posts either Thumbs Up

Eating Pal Killed my best mate AA.    

Sad really , because the contents of the tin weren't the problem.

It was later when he was sitting in the middle of the road , licking his privates that a bus run over him.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 1:00am
Thumbs Up  Yep,  knew that was coming .  LOL
animals before people.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 3:20am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Not sure if this little artery hardener is technically a health food, it covers a ton of food groups and I am going to give it a crack. Clap

Let us know how it goes ... and you may wish to pre-order the ambulance, and make sure there is a cardiologist on duty at the local hospital that day!Dead 
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 3:26am
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

I see on the news blurb I get that prisoners are getting better meals than hospital patients.  Makes sense . Need to keep the crims happy and healthy Angry

In the hospital system they don't want patients getting too comfortable and hanging around recuperating, they want them out and on their way home asap, so they don't feed them like it's a resort.

I guess you could say the opposite for the crims in jail ... 
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 8:22am
I have actually never had a bad hospital food experience, and have done time in about 6 different ones in 3 different area health districts in 2 states over the last 10 years. Always plenty to eat and while not gourmet, it has always been more than satisfactory.
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 10:57am
I was in a public hospital in Melbourne after having a baby, and the food was exemplary
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 2:19pm
Yep, the 3 I have done time in, ( hospitals that is Big smile) over the last 10 years have all been excellent food wise.  Our little local hospital has its food cooked in the kitchen on site by local ladies, who can and do have rellies in there sometimes, so you know they wont dish up slop.
And the 2 big regional ones have had decent food as well.  Not that it made me want to hang around for the tucker tho ! Hospitals are no place for sick people to rest and recover !Cry
animals before people.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>