Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

The Ashes 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 7:50pm
Vegans really are on high horses.  Pity they don't know all the damage to the forests and wildlife ect done by growers of the plants they eat.  It's their right to eat what they want but I got strangely lightheaded and stupid if I don't keep meat in my diet.  And anyone who tries to stop others living their life is also a bully.  Gee I'm on my high horse now.  Guess I worried about grandaughter.  This world takes alot of living before we can take the good and bad and survive on a level plane.  They try to guilt people to their way of living and then you have things happening like babies dying because their diet doesn't include the fats needed for healthy brain development.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

In view of the way Smith batted and copped so much abuse from the Poms, it certainly shows he is a person of great character, unlike a former Brownlow medalist from the Sydney Swans who could not and would not accept the reasons he was booed late in his football career, yet blamed the booing on racism.

If it was all about racism why are Eddie Betts , Andrew McDonald TW, two current day indigenous AFL players, cult heroes never booed and are appreciated by fans of all clubs?

Wink ... racism in Australian sports fans and the community in general is about as rampant as drug taking by our swimmers. Take out stupid Eddie Everywhere and that naive 13 yo girl and you struggle to find any evidence at all ... booing a dressmaker and joking about people who are different to us is not racist ... it is accepted Australian . 

However it is a cottage industry with a growing budget and is being targeted as a career by certain people, and is stirred up by the usual virtue signalers to promote their agenda ... is Gary Ablett Jnr indigenous?
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 7:53pm
Is Bob Katter ?
Refer ALP Election Promises
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 7:57pm
Since 1996 the indigenous population has grown at double the rate of the overall population. Why would that be ?
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 7:58pm
Mas rooters?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 7:59pm
*Mad
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 8:21pm
I am not wanting to shake the can for the vegans but many (and I means millions) of Hindus have chosen not to eat animals or animal products for centuries and they have neither become extinct due to lack of proteins and fats nor have they destroyed their environment.  

Peter Siddle has been accused of losing form and pace because of his vegan diet but the claims simply don't hold water.  He has bowled some monster spells powered by bananas and if anything his form is improving.  

He has had recent seasons with Essex, Notts and Lancashire so he is very comfortable in English conditions and is the sort of annoyingly consistent line and length bowler that can keep the pressure on English batters. 

However there is always a place for a left arm strike bowler as good at Starc.  He must have an issue.

furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 8:27pm
They can have milk and dairy products that don't kill the animal so get their fats.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 8:29pm
True vegans dont consume anything from an animal, including milk.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 8:35pm
I am not vegan - though admit i have given it some consideration in recent years. I eat meat - however am not a great meat lover. I am more into the sauces on the meat. I do get a bit skirmish when i think an animal has died for me to eat meat. Do my best to divorce the two - kidding myself though. Worked in the Mudgee abattoirs many years ago as a casual during Uni holidays - cattle production line / skin sheds & loading mainly. Bottom- line the poor buggers know what is going on well before they get knocked. Never forgotten it. And what we do to them in places like the middle east & indonesia is just disgraceful.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 8:40pm
My niece is a full ethical vegan and she has influenced the whole family to rethink animal products. I have been transitioning to it over the last few months and have found it easier than I had thought it would be. Big on Indian cuisine now. Lots of beans, pulses 
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 8:46pm
Would probably be a bit hard for me PT. I dont cook as a general rule - so would be relying on my wife/family/ dinners out to accommodate change. Could certainly reduce my meat intake fairly easily though i reckon (with you on the indian - some great non-meat dishes there)
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 8:52pm
Pressure cooker is your best friend.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 9:38pm
But we eat alot of Indian and milk products including their form of butter ghee which is just the best for cooking.  So they do use animal products.  

There is a circus in town which uses dogs from shelters and ponys only.  THe vegans are destroying their posters and saying its cruel on the animals.  What is worst - shelter and then death.  Or having people laugh and cheer you.  They are treated well.  Dogs love to perform and some horses and ponys do also so why think they are hard done by.  If you do this or stand in a paddock and get board and start cribbing or self harm.  What is the best for them.  Not everything is black and white.  THey say they speak for the ones who can't speak for themselves but a dog not suited to the life wouldn't be there.  And they put human words into the animal themselves.  Their thoughts which are fine.  But where will the animals go if we only eat plants.  Many more useful breeds will go extinct.  But more wild animals will too.  We farm animals on less viable land.  You can't grow things without sufficent water etc.  Same thing in less regulated countries.  The land usually isn't cleared for animal husbandry - its for the plants which need the rich soil to grow.

Only good thing for not having animals like chickens is you don't come out to find them slaughtered by the local foxes.  We have lived with animals so long that they won't survive without us so I guess they won't cry for the cows, pigs, goats, sheep and horses when they disappear from the planet.  No maybe goats will survive they certainly rule the roads out in the outback.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

No oneone, I believe i redemption. Had Izzy not ignored his warning he would be still chasing a ball around a paddock somewhere this week. 

& Folau is man of his convictions. Unlike Smith

Yep, he has been convicted of lying and breaching his contract and is gone. Wont get a chance to lie again.

RA was relying on an unenforceable, unconscionable illegal contract - then they tried to fix it by doubling down on the biased anti religion bits - do you think Raelzzz has earned her bonus?Embarrassed
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by furious furious wrote:

Vegans really are on high horses.  Pity they don't know all the damage to the forests and wildlife ect done by growers of the plants they eat.  It's their right to eat what they want but I got strangely lightheaded and stupid if I don't keep meat in my diet.  And anyone who tries to stop others living their life is also a bully.  Gee I'm on my high horse now.  Guess I worried about grandaughter.  This world takes alot of living before we can take the good and bad and survive on a level plane.  They try to guilt people to their way of living and then you have things happening like babies dying because their diet doesn't include the fats needed for healthy brain development.

Spot on furious - ask Peter Siddle how many supplements he has to consume to be healthy as a vegan and an elite sportsperson ... or if he does what most of them do - cheat.

Laughed my a off when i saw a friend's 20 something daughter post on facebook, admitting how crook she had been feeling as a dedicated vegan, and the immediate wellbeing she felt when she ate a steak ... never looked back as a dedicated omnivore!LOL 
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 10:22pm
My word it is hard to have a sensible conversation here... 

I'd rather watch the cricket.
Brudder_A View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brudder_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 10:23pm
At the age of 60 now my intake of meat has diminished but not to the point of null.
I have strictly now gone to preserving with the fasting periods of the Orthodox Calendar.

It has helped me balance my weight and let my body recover from the unwanted fats that want to be left.

Of course I also exercise and having a lady that is a decade and a half younger for emotional support and some is like icing on the cake!
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 10:26pm
BANG !
First blood to Pattinson.  1/22
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 10:27pm
Roy out caught second slip 1/22
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by Tontonan Tontonan wrote:

My word it is hard to have a sensible conversation here... 

I'd rather watch the cricket.

Indeed T ... sometimes talking to yourself is the only way to get a sensible answer.Big smile
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 11:43pm
I have noticed that.

It should be 2/53 - but its not.     Pattinson has bowled the ball, beet Root, clipped the off stump and the bail didn't drop .   

I have never seen bails so reluctant to fall as those we have seen in England this year.  
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 11:53pm
I blame the Extinction Rebellion activists ... clearly wiped their surplus superglue on the bails!Angry

I think that Lyon might get a couple if he gets a brekthrough shortly - a couple are staying very low which a new batsman will struggle with.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2019 at 11:31am
I only watched it till 11pm. Burns 125 huh. Is he the one that Lyon got lbw half way up off stump but the umpire said not out and they didn't ask for a review?

Checking - yes that him - 21 and out.LOL Dimwits. Watching it was weird. I've never seen a bowler so uninterested in getting a bang on ball reviewed.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2019 at 11:42am
Was the unsuccessful review before or after that one?
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2019 at 12:30pm

Was the unsuccessful review before or after that one?

The review should be there for all decisions.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2019 at 1:12pm
Review everything and make them 6 day Tests.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2019 at 1:18pm
Then why have umpires just review from the box if leg before or bowled or caught.  Check to see if all correct and then signal out.  But boy the days would get longer.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2019 at 1:19pm
Also sorry Tontonan I did get off subject.
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2019 at 3:01pm
No worries Furious.  I raised the fact that the Siddles are vegans so I could hardly regard your response as off topic - and I didn't.

Burns is as difficult to watch as Steve Smith.  There is an instant as he takes guard that approaches orthodox but then he twists and morphs into something alien to the coaching manual when he settles into his 'Who's that looking around the corner ?' stance as the bowler approaches.  It is horrid to watch but it works, dammit. 

That's modern cricket for you.  Or maybe its post modern cricket ?  It's pointless moaning about stylistic horrors when the scoreboard keeps ticking over. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>