Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > Village Administration - Support and Feedback
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Major size exceeded issue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 8:59pm
It’s his forum he can do what he likes
This space has been intentionally left blank
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 9:11pm
Yes of course he can.

However if so why the hell is he asking for advice and then ignoring it, particularly when offers far exceed his outlay in maintaining the forums.

ps in case someone came in late: "There have been offers from Big Al & Voyager to each cover a year of the full costs to keep the place going. That's two full years before anyone has to worry. Not quite sure why the Mayor is dismissing the offers?"

pss and failing that, will he also ignore the suggestions that he simply archive Racing and Joffs posts three years or more old, and archive Tipping posts more than five minutes ago?

Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 12:17pm
I don't understand the anger here, the Mayor asked for suggestions, much like a Hawke cabinet meeting, and will decide which way to go
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 12:50pm
Put up a PayPal account that we can donate to Mayor. I’m sure plenty of people will contribute such that nothing needs to deleted.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 6:11pm
I will contribute $10, if you have Afterpay Smile
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 6:15pm
& I will contribute $11  LOL
Refer ALP Election Promises
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 9:11pm
Me too .
Progold View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Progold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 3:38pm
How are you going with a decision Mayor?  Remember the last time you upgraded?  You were also concerned about losing the history but there wasn't much alternative.  I am sure that you have never had use for revisiting many of those old posts, even though there was a lot of very good content among them.  Arguably, much of it was of a lot higher quality than many of the current offerings.  I am equally confident that if you want to keep everything, a small crowd funding exercise would allow the project to proceed.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 3:49pm
"arguably" indeed !
Refer ALP Election Promises
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 11:43am
Can we get rid of the quote button... some people (particularly those from WA) do not understand how annoying they are
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 6:39pm
Can we have an edit/delete button too please?
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
Mayor View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mayor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 1:02am
I can't take up the generous offers from our members because some people object to me earning a little income from advertising (as paltry as it is) while at the same time taking donations for hosting fees. In this case, I am pretty much forced to decline offers of assistance. Thank you very much to those who have offered. It's much appreciated.

We are at 97% capacity now. I'll start removing some of the insignificant threads and see how we go.

Mayor
Mayor
VSP. View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VSP. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 2:33am
It's no ones business but yours and the donors Craig.
www.snowshoecats.webs.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12