Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

The Lindsey Smith Warrnambool experiment

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by Isaac soloman Isaac soloman wrote:

How do you know that disco?

Because of bods like you makes it hard, mentally hard to pursue  a given profession.

He may well be enjoying what he is now doing.

Still with his cattle and horses.

Look at the AFL players unable to cope mentally; social media vigilantism? Kills of the sports they allegedly love.

I bet his cattle are nervous, cattle prod and all.......fastest cattle this side of the Grampians.
Discohips23 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Discohips23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 3:31pm
The AFP have gelati load on him, that’s why. Do you honestly think the RV gave Smerdon life and Weir will only get 4years? You are Censored delusional.

Edited by Gay3 - 04 Jul 2019 at 4:01pm
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2019 at 6:16pm
First city winner
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 2:14am
Those who dont hold grudges will be making money.

Weirs man?LOL
brave_ponies View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brave_ponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 9:26am
I don't know much about Smith (see below) but I don't reckon I'd be game to call him a puppet to his face

Hey Jamal,
Do you have any comments about Smith as a trainer? I'd be interested as you know WA racing and am sure others would appreciate it too... TIA. Ponies
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 10:03am
Come in Red, you know WA Racing better than anyone, tell us your thoughts, most interested.
brave_ponies View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brave_ponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 10:16am
Yes, all knowledge welcome!
(Thanks for the call-out bonjour )
Straight arrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight arrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 11:53am
He’s just another very very good horseman . Can’t see a problem other then the rules of vic racing/ Aussie racing is they will license unlimited numbers of participants all after the one pie. Not good for keeping the industry striaight
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 12:08pm
How is your strike rate in training Straight arrow?

heres the most informative link about WA racing. Have a look. Find out for yourselves.

Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 12:37pm

How is your strike rate in training Straight arrow?

heres the most informative link about WA racing. Have a look. Find out for yourselves.

Slightly informative Isaac however it doesn’t list all trainers previous indiscretions.
What did you use arsenic for when training?
Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 12:45pm
Actually Isaac, I reckon it may have something to do with global warming, or something.
For some reason horses all round Oz took a liking to treated posts at about the same time.
Miraculous how these things always seem to happen together isn’t it?
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 3:00pm
I read an article from the stewards about the arsenic cases and their opinion was that testing could only recently detect it at the levels being seen lately.
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 3:11pm

The desperation from some of you... holy moly.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by Softy Softy wrote:

What did you use arsenic for when training?

I & doubtless many others use Jurocyl, top syuff Smile

COMPOSITION

Sodium arsanilate 50 mg/mL 

ACTIONS
  • JUROCYL is a safe, pentavalent organic arsenic tonic of low toxicity providing rapid response.
  • JUROCYL promotes healthy skin and coat growth.
  • JUROCYL stimulates appetite in picky eaters.
  • JUROCYL is of value as a general tonic in anaemias, debility, stress, illness & recovery.

JUROCYL is a pentavalent organic arsenical compound with strong tonic properties. JUROCYL has a marked effect on the blood vessels of both skin and gastro-intestinal blood vessels.
JUROCYL is rapidly absorbed, with a prompt and visible effect. Arsenic in the organic form has long been known and respected for its tonic properties. This pentavalent form is not harmful to animals at recommended doses, and is well tolerated with no local or general reaction.

INDICATIONS

JUROCYL is indicated to stimulate appetite in poor eaters, particularly those horses suffering stress related to hard training & competition.
As a general tonic, JUROCYL is valuable in the treatment of anaemias, weakness and debility, emaciation, and skin conditions. JUROCYL is particularly effective at promoting healthy coat growth, and encouraging seasonal changes in body coat because it improves blood flow to skin. A course of JUROCYL in August / September (Southern Hemisphere) will produce dramatic improvements in dull, lifeless coats as the season changes. For Northern Hemisphere, give during appropriate months for winter coat drop in those countries.

DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION

Give JUROCYL by sterile intramuscular injection
Adult Horses:
Full Course 10 mL weekly for 4 - 6 weeks.
Intensive Course 10 mL daily for maximum 10 days.
Yearlings:
Full Course 5 mL weekly.
Intensive Course 5 mL daily for maximum 10 days.
Foals:
Full Course 2.5 mL weekly.
Intensive Course 2.5 mL daily for maximum 10 days.

JUROCYL is regularly used in combination with VAM to stimulate appetites and improve blood counts in stressed and recuperating horses. JUROCYL may be used with all Nature Vet products with the exclusion of Ferrocyl, as required.

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
adolphus twirk View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adolphus twirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 5:01pm
And eventually their hair drops out if they have too much arsenic built up in the body.
Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 5:05pm
That may be so Gay but I think he stated he didn’t use that product.
Anyway I just found it surprising the number of trainers with treated pine posts that didn’t return positives.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 9:57pm
Never used those products. Didnt have to.
Trained from paddocks, bush work, didnt go to the track.
My "arsenic"? plenty of hay.
Thought fi you had to use that stuff was like chasing tails.
Feel the hooves for warmth; if cool on the right track.
Had plenty of winners, metro and provincial.
Asked a young women giving a "calming" paste to a horse before she floated it if she thought it worked and she said no......
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 9:59pm
Jorocyl is banned now, i think.
Straight arrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight arrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 10:34am
Issac I do not have a strike rate! What am I supposed to be looking at in that link you sent?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 11:30am
It will help you sort fact from fiction.
You can line your beliefs up with the facts of an industry site.
have a read, you might learn something.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 11:34am
Originally posted by Softy Softy wrote:

That may be so Gay but I think he stated he didn’t use that product.
Anyway I just found it surprising the number of trainers with treated pine posts that didn’t return positives.

Where does it say " the number of trainers with treated pine posts that didn’t return positives.[/QUOTE]"

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 12:48pm
Most with pine posts would integrate electric fencing if they had 1/2 brain, knowing how palatable most horses find them & the expense of replacement not to mention removing the temptation to windsuck.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 1:09pm
And the other half with brains would avoid using pine logs altogether, especially if you train racehorses as testing machines are now VERY sensitive for arsenic, amongst other substances.
Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 1:11pm
That is true Gay3, or at the very least painting something unpalatable on said fences, which I had to do a bit as a child.
Maybe it is just the lazy trainers who got done for arsenic
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 1:16pm
Paint something unpalatable?LOL

You obviously dont know horses.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 1:16pm
or softy you have deep pockets.
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 2:00pm
If a horse wants to eat something, it will get eaten.
A good electric fence can control the urge though.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 2:18pm
An electric fence regularly testing at 6.5 - 7.5 will stop any horse from even venturing near as a pulse of 1 will show at a metre away, even further if using the newer copper wires.
Hardwood is near impossible to source these days so unless you're a millionaire, pine is the most cost effective & available timber.
Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 3:18pm

Paint something unpalatable?LOL

You obviously dont know horses.

And you obviously don’t know everything.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 3:34pm
LOLLOL softy.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>