Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Topic ClosedGolf

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Champion
Champion

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

And one of the reasons is this from the PGA

Woods’ new TaylorMade M5 driver in 2019, for example, has an adjustable hosel for loft and lie settings, rather than the bonded hosel Woods used in 2000. The M5 also has adjustable weights for CG (center of gravity) placement to help dial in flight characteristics. Additionally, while Woods used a 120+ gram True Temper Dynamic Gold X100 steel shaft in 2000, he now uses a significantly lighter 60-gram Mitsubishi Diamana graphite shaft. Back in 2000, Woods also used a driver face that was scratched with sandpaper to prevent slippage at impact, a technique that is now illegal.

Okay, it appears I need to be more direct for some. I didn’t realise it was so cryptic.
Redemption was spot on. The current era of players is not strong.
There is not depth in talent. There is a depth of limited talent . It is masked by the technology that’s come into the game as highlighted above with what goes into Tigers clubs.

It keeps the “in the hole” and “you’re the man” mob happy but very few of these guys could have performed in the 80s or 90s
Imagine them trying to drive a persimmon wood

So you are saying the most talented current golfers would not be able to adjust to the equipment available and would not be at the top of the tree whatever the conditions. Why is that, were sportsmen more talented years ago , I would have thought the talent is much the same whatever era ?

You really post some garbage Ouch

Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 1:25pm
I missed oneone post, he said it all, I actually agree with him Shocked
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 1:56pm

Woods’ new TaylorMade M5 driver in 2019, for example, has an adjustable hosel for loft and lie settings, rather than the bonded hosel Woods used in 2000. The M5 also has adjustable weights for CG (center of gravity) placement to help dial in flight characteristics. Additionally, while Woods used a 120+ gram True Temper Dynamic Gold X100 steel shaft in 2000, he now uses a significantly lighter 60-gram Mitsubishi Diamana graphite shaft. Back in 2000, Woods also used a driver face that was scratched with sandpaper to prevent slippage at impact, a technique that is now illegal.

Okay, it appears I need to be more direct for some. I didn’t realise it was so cryptic.
There is not depth in talent. There is a depth of limited talent . It is masked by the technology that’s come into the game as highlighted above with what goes into Tigers clubs.

It keeps the “in the hole” and “you’re the man” mob happy but very few of these guys could have performed in the 80s or 90s

How do you judge?
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

How do you judge?

Thanks for the question TL
I'll ignore whales crap. The usual abuse. She Adds a lot to discussion on this forumConfused

Aside from what Ive seen and know from personal experience Ive read enough of late to believe it's the case.
How do you really judge to be sure you're right?....of course it can't be done. It's a pub bar discussion thats usually fun until people like whale show their classLOL

As to what Ive read. Tiger has said recently how dumb the current players are. They can hit the new whiz bang clubs but dont have the golfing nous or brains. Course manageent, in tigers view, is limited

Ive read about current players who have said, thank god they didn't have to use the clubs that Faldo, Norman, Seve, Jack & Arnie had to use. They can't swing them the same way and get the distance results they get with the new gear. Im 58, just got a new driver and have picked up an extra 30mConfused. Im hitting the ball further now off a pathetic 30 handicap than when I was a single figure golfer in my late teensLOL

Jack was hitting the ball further in his 60's with the new clubs than he did in his prime. The shark drives the ball as far as these blokes do now
I think you'll find the accuracy figures are way down as well. Both driving and greens in regulation.

When technology allows you to use a wedge into a green instead of 5 or 6 iron, of course you're going to look like a super star

Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 2:53pm
[

How do you judge?
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the question TL
I'll ignore whales crap. The usual abuse. She Adds a lot to discussion on this forumConfused

Aside from what Ive seen and know from personal experience Ive read enough of late to believe it's the case.
How do you really judge to be sure you're right?....of course it can't be done. It's a pub bar discussion thats usually fun until people like whale show their classLOL

As to what Ive read. Tiger has said recently how dumb the current players are. They can hit the new whiz bang clubs but dont have the golfing nous or brains. Course manageent, in tigers view, is limited

Ive read about current players who have said, thank god they didn't have to use the clubs that Faldo, Norman, Seve, Jack & Arnie had to use. They can't swing them the same way and get the distance results they get with the new gear. Im 58, just got a new driver and have picked up an extra 30mConfused. Im hitting the ball further now off a pathetic 30 handicap than when I was a single figure golfer in my late teensLOL

Jack was hitting the ball further in his 60's with the new clubs than he did in his prime. The shark drives the ball as far as these blokes do now
I think you'll find the accuracy figures are way down as well. Both driving and greens in regulation.

When technology allows you to use a wedge into a green instead of 5 or 6 iron, of course you're going to look like a super star

[/QUOTE]

what a long, totally irrelevant post.  We know modern equipment lets them drive further, still doen't back up your ridiculous argument about today's talent not being able to adjust 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12