Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Morrison Coalition Government

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 363364365366367 389>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 12:05pm
Exactly Rhino. The ones that dont get to that point have either chosen the wrong business to start or are bad managers. To be fair, there can also things that can go pear shaped beyond your control. That will always be the case
Refer ALP Election Promises
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 12:07pm
Perfectly good with context OneOne, however I certainly don’t bother to read every word posted on this forum. I mean, who would? In any event, a few examples of people “making no money” when they work long hours means nothing in terms of whether time spent correlates to success. It absolutely correlates highly but of course there are a variety of other factors. 
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 12:45pm
Well I've always heard that all successful careers required very long hours. Unless you are someone like Trump who starts off rich courtesy of daddy. That's why I decided not to be successful.Wink You mean I could have had it all if I did it the one-eyed way?Cry
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 1:26pm
Had to laugh at Bridgette McKenzie yesterday and Littleproud the other day going on about how Morrison effectively ripped up their Coalition agreement.

Which bits did he rip up? They cant say because it is secret too.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Well I've always heard that all successful careers required very long hours. Unless you are someone like Trump who starts off rich courtesy of daddy. That's why I decided not to be successful.Wink You mean I could have had it all if I did it the one-eyed way?Cry

stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 6:36pm
That's gold.
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2022 at 3:16pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2022 at 10:04am
Plenty of soon to be unemployed crooks there.

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2022 at 11:41am
Barnyard is not smart enough to be a good liar. He's getting eviscerated on Insiders.LOL
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2022 at 1:26pm
 I see others now questioning the G-G's role in the Morrison saga. 

there are 18 million reasons to demand an explanation.

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2022 at 1:35pm
The question for the GG, which you will not get an answer to is Did you advise Morrison to make these things public?

There would be a constitutional crisis if the GG went against the advice/instruction of the govt of the day and made stuff public he was expressly told not to.

Andrew Clennell on Thursday asked Morrison if the GG advised him to make it public, Morrison refused to answer.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2022 at 1:40pm
Anthony will use this to start his next touchy feely initiative - a Republic. As I said - the bloke is gifted ! 
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2022 at 1:55pm
You fair dinkum make this stuff up as you go along.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2022 at 1:56pm
Breaking News oneone: We have a Minister for a Republic
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2022 at 2:03pm
Oh that's right. Demoted the Veteran Affairs portfolio to make room for him -    or something like that !

Priorities 
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2022 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

You fair dinkum make this stuff up as you go along.
Look I'll take this opportunity to reveal a recent medical diagnosis. I have the Benjamin Button gene - resulting in my mind becoming more & more active as I age. By the time I hit 90 my IQ is forecast to be 220 - 120 higher than the average TBV figure.

Wont be easy carrying on intelligent banter. I may have to restrict myself to a private room with HS, Stayer & Rhino. Ouch
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2022 at 2:29pm
220 not bhed Clap
Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2022 at 2:30pm
stayer will still find a way to get suspended from the private room LOL
Time is a flat circle
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2022 at 5:46pm
Not if that's the company.
Freefall View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freefall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2022 at 2:18pm
I'm finding it difficult to work out what sort of career Morrison will have once he is no longer the member for Cook.

I can't think of a company or organisation that would risk trashing their brand by appointing him to any board/managerial position.

Pastor Scott? Lucrative business.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2022 at 2:49pm
Televangelist
Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2022 at 2:57pm
He’s shown contempt for corporate governance in every role he’s ever held.
He’s universally acknowledged as being a serial liar.
He’s demonstrated he’s untrustworthy, and unable to be a team player.

Basically, he’s poison to any workplace culture, and poisonous to most consumers.

What actual skills would be bring to a business?
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2022 at 3:01pm
Scommo's Used Cars.  "We're committed to be better".
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2022 at 3:42pm
  I like all those ideas...but the used car salesman tops the lot...

even, perhaps, a real estate agent...they never tell the truth...

Thumbs Up
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2022 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by Freefall Freefall wrote:

I'm finding it difficult to work out what sort of career Morrison will have once he is no longer the member for Cook.

I can't think of a company or organisation that would risk trashing their brand by appointing him to any board/managerial position.

Pastor Scott? Lucrative business.
Well i would think it would be on par with Ruds - absolute fruit loop of the highest order. Yet he's done fairly well for himself. The worlds biggest narcist . No one had a good word for him - & he kept recycling himself to inflict further damage to the party he once led.

Flip of the coin. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2022 at 4:29pm
Albo to release solicitor general advice on Morrison stuff tomorrow. I'm guessing it will be a 'nothing burger' Thumbs Up
Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2022 at 4:33pm
Unlikely to be anything illegal, but that isn't the point.

The investigation into what he got up and who he gave money to while Finance Minister will be more interesting. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2022 at 4:34pm
Nah, Rudd is a pillock of the highest order, but he actually believes in things.

Scomo not so much.

Hard to think of a role that will allow Scomo to imperiously dismiss questions as to his actions.

Living proof of a guy who’s failed upwards, his entire life.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2022 at 4:35pm
Agree. Heard Anthony a few hours ago starting to back peddle. Just preparing the Nothing Burger for consumption. 

Back to the Covid Royal Commission Ouch
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2022 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

Nah, Rudd is a pillock of the highest order, but he actually believes in things.

Scomo not so much.

Hard to think of a role that will allow Scomo to imperiously dismiss questions as to his actions.

Living proof of a guy who’s failed upwards, his entire life.
That's true. He "believes" he is smarter than everybody else for starters. Esp. airline stewardesses 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 363364365366367 389>