Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Morrison Coalition Government

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 360361362363364 389>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

expecting a very large DICTATOR SCOTT on the front page of the Herald Sun tomorrow

Not quite. 

We got a "It's my party and I'll lie if I want to" on page 4. 

So not terrible for the Herald.
Time is a flat circle
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 1:36pm
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Time to move on folks. Joe public really doesn't care. Scommo's Govt was well & truly shown the door a few months back. Unless he was corrupt - & it was seem he wasn't - there was no damage done. Bizarre maybe - but that's it. Lets worry about the real issues this country is facing.  

we still don't know about that.....perhaps more to come...

Joe public is very interested in it, believe me. 

As for trotting out Lazarus, last night...m god, does he really have any clout or relevance anymore?  

Put him in an aged care home, then we might see some action from the NSW Libs on the staff shortage and crappy wages.... 

Evil Smile

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 1:48pm
Scott Morrison press conference 12:15.

Quitting or more lies?
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 1:53pm
 worth a watch.

Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 1:58pm
And now:

Queensland's Energy Minister has raised questions about who approved a delay in releasing national energy prices until after the May election. 

Mick De Brenni has criticized ex-prime minister Scott Morrison and former energy minister Angus Taylor about the amendment, which prevented the Australian Energy Regulator (AER) notifying the public of the new increased electricity prices before going to the polls.

In March 2022, Mr Taylor obtained the approval of the Governor-General to amend the regulations, meaning the AER's normal proclamation was not published before the nation went to the polls.

The amendment was signed by Mr Taylor on behalf of the treasurer — but it is presently unclear who played the treasurer's role.

The ABC has asked former treasurer Josh Frydenberg whether Mr Taylor signed the amendment on his behalf, but he has yet to respond.

Mr Taylor has also been asked whether it was signed on behalf of Mr Frydenberg or Mr Morrison.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 2:05pm
If #ScottyTheDictator quits and walks, does he avoid the flood on inquiries and motions that would surely be coming his way?
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 2:09pm
 I don't think he's quitting. 

He's just going to show the homework all slobbered over by the dog...

Unhappy
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 2:11pm
Haha, knowing how shameless he is.
This presser is just to announce his tell all book of his tenure….
Will smugly just answer you’ll have to buy the book, to every question.
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 2:23pm
No friends in politics

Scott Morrison secretly appointed himself to Christian Porter’s ministerial portfolio without his consent after the former Attorney-General taught him how to do it.

News.com.au has confirmed Mr Porter was left in the dark when the former Prime Minister asked the Governor-General to appoint him to the Industry portfolio - which Mr Porter had recently taken charge of - in April 2021.

It was a stunning twist to the “trick” Mr Porter himself had outlined to him in March 2020 when he held the Attorney-General’s portfolio, where he had explained how the Prime Minister could appoint himself as a second Health Minister.

As it emerged the nation’s spy chief, ASIO director-general Mike Burgess, was left in the dark that Mr Morrison had appointed himself to Home Affairs last year, new details are coming to light about the strange practices in the Prime Minister’s office.

The first time Mr Morrison used the secret mechanism to appoint himself to portfolios was on the advice of Mr Porter as Attorney-General.

In March 2020, he appointed himself as joint Minister the Health portfolio with Liberal frontbencher Greg Hunt’s knowledge and consent, and on the advice of Mr Porter.

However, once armed with the knowledge, Mr Morrison would go on to use the mechanism to secretly appoint himself to four other portfolios – including Finance in 2020, Industry in April 2021, and then finally Home Affairs and Treasury in May 2021.
Time is a flat circle
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 2:30pm
 I was the president...and I might have been needed to make presidential decisions...

oh, wait...I'm not Donald Trump, am I?

He's shameless...

I told you he was just showing his un-finished homework...

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 2:33pm
TLDR of the press conference

"How good am I"
Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 3:06pm
How bizarre,
He’s just giving the whole issue legs…
None of this is helpful to him in any way
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 3:12pm
 and the joke is...he doesn't realise he was better off just shutting up.

They are hammering him and he still cannot see that what he did was unprecedented and bizarre.

You really begin to wonder how these religious zealots' minds work...

Heaven help us...

Censored

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 3:24pm
Why didn't Morrison take over Duttons portfolio when he was in hospital with covid?

A fair question
Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 3:33pm
He unaccountably omitted "my sh1t doesn't stink" from of his presser speech.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 3:34pm
Started and ended with Jen and the girls.
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 3:35pm
I always thought the national cabinet was the main player in the covid response.

Apparently I was wrong and Morrison did it all on his own.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 3:38pm
Yes, loved the question ''who is the we you keep talking about, you didn't tell anyone?''
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 3:48pm
 the royal weee, of course...?

The man is so unbelievably thick-skinned, you could shoot bullets at him and they'd bounce off...

I want to know why the G-G is not being given the boot, for going along with actions that were definitely suss...

horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 4:00pm
Albanese just now

"It’s not my position as prime minister. I have no intention of undertaking any criticism of the Governor-General. The Governor-General acted in accordance with the recommendations of the government of the day. The government of the day has to accept responsibility for this"
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 4:02pm
As the GG takes direction from the govt of the day, and the govt took it's advice from the AG and the GG doesn't have to announce if told not to, nobody thinks he has anything to answer for.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 4:47pm
 well...some of us do...

Geek
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 4:54pm
I missed the presser unfortunately. Few bullet points as I see it ;

• they were very dark times - i mean when was the last time any of us got locked up in our own homes for mths ? I can clearly remember many on here hanging on every work from the "Experts" at the time. Short memories by some obviously
  • Scommo decided to use himself as a back-up should the worst happen to his Ministers (that was surely not a hanging offence). Maybe lacked a bit of logic - but so does our current Climate Change Policy - & no ones getting sacked for that (yet)
  • They were all Constitutionally valid (refer GG) 
  • No sign of corruption - & the only time he stepped into a role was when he overturned the gas drilling project. Something that had a lot of support both locally & Federally. In fact Anthony was one of the most outspoken on the issue - so Scommo did him a favour
  • He kept the appointments largely secret - on the basis there was no need to further create a climate of fear amongst average Joes already doing it tough. It was also assumed the likelihood of ever having to assume the roles was minimal - another reason to keep it Mum.
  • His Governments efforts were widely praised early to medium Covid - & to this day are considered better than most around the globe
  • The term "bizarre" is being widely used - & I can see that Scommo could have been more open. I would suggest however the more "bizzare" behaviour is coming from the rusted on lefty thumb suckers on chat sites such as this. No one suffered because of Scommos actions. No corruption - no favours for corrupt Developers or Union Buddies. No sexual abuse claims - or domestic abuse claims - not even from Grace. Little bit of bullying maybe - but hey - no worse than the Mean Girls LOL

Absolute "nothing burger" (there you go TJ)
Refer ALP Election Promises
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 5:00pm
LOLThumbs Up
Time is a flat circle
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 5:01pm
The real challenge for Anthony will be to keep up the fake outrage until after the petrol excise in re-instated & the next interest rate announcement comes along in a few weeks. 
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 5:03pm
This stuff will be quickly forgotten - don't you worry about that !!!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 5:06pm
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 5:09pm
This Govt is just around the corner from its own meltdown. The backroom fighting will start shortly - & the mean girls will have their knives out. 

Watch your back Anthony.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 5:18pm
There are clearly two people with in serious denial here despite the clear conduct of a secret autocracy which shredded the Westminster system: one is Scott Morrison, you don't have to go far to find the other.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 360361362363364 389>