Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Morrison Coalition Government

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 132133134135136 389>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 8:35pm
Just another whinging god bothering kiwi.
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 8:44pm
Can't her name be spelt out, some taboo, or ?
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 9:11pm
Lindy Chainberlain ...strike me pink.LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 9:41pm
I would never have guessed.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 9:57pm
They had no proof , just mad conspiracy theorists baying for blood , all evidence based on false scientific facts , teeth marks in the baby's jacket , blood stains in the boot , hair strands in the back seat all rubbish , but convicted , that's science for you.!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 10:14pm
It wasn't science, it was bad evidence from bad testing, the stuff that was declared to be "foetal blood", was later found to be Tectyl, a sound deadener sprayed onto car bodies. Even allowing for that, I would not have convicted her, it always seemed more than plausible that a dingo grabbed the baby, and a lot of show business people shamed themselves for years with "the dingo did it" jokes. ( meaning the dingo got a bum rap ) Her problem was in being a little bit "different", and more than that, the dodgy NT admin. That place should not be an independent jurisdiction, the population is too small by far. I understand she was later approached by some of those comedians, with apologies, one that never did, Barry Humphries. That tells me all I would need to know about him. Disgraceful.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 11:16pm
It was forensic evidence based science in my book , flawed evidence is what I'm interpreting as and that'll do me !
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 8:55am
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

And the PMs weak too , fancy relating your wife reminded him " imagine if it were our daughter " lol he's mature enough to form this Opinion him bloody sellf.
 I tend to agree with that, he shouldn't need prompting, but where is he "victim blaming" ?

I believe the ''victim blaming'' comment referred to Morrison describing her as confused when she said Morrison's private secretary had called her to ''check her welfare'' when it was clear the ABC 4 Corners story Inside The Canberra Bubble was going to air last year, despite the govt trying to stop it.

That would have suggested Morrison could have had early knowledge of the incident.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 9:03am
I’ll be interested in knowing the extent of leg touching required to meet the “sexual assault” criteria with “victim” #4Shocked
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 9:23am
Should have made a formal complaint at the earliest possible opportunity. This is a crime where if proven guilty the bloke can go to prison for ten years. So it's deadly serious, right? One rung down from murder. But it's not serious enough to press charges for 2 years because you're more worried about your  office junior job.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 9:28am
Where is the evidence that Ms Higgins was in any danger of losing her job if she pursued justice immediately anyway? The bloke was fired pronto. Persona non grata. Doesn't seem to have been any attempt to defend him.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 9:33am

Looking forward to the National Press Club appearance tomorrow of guest speaker Defence Minister Linda Reynolds lol , will she be a late scratching ? I doubt it , stiff upper lip ma'am , nothing to see here.

Bingo!!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 9:36am
Ms Reynolds has withdrawn on the strongest medical advice, she is struggling in one of the most difficult working environments _ Greg Hunt

Early retirement coming up?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 9:47am
Been admitted to a Canberra hospital and is on indefinite leave.

TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 9:49am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Ms Reynolds has withdrawn on the strongest medical advice, she is struggling in one of the most difficult working environments _ Greg Hunt

Early retirement coming up?

Few girls probably had similar thoughts lately Greg
Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 9:51am
Good to see Senator Reynolds get the support she needs, something she admits was not afforded Ms Higgins.
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 9:58am
Minister gets caught telling conflicting stories yesterday.
Today, off limits to the press....
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 10:01am

It was forensic evidence based science in my book , flawed evidence is what I'm interpreting as and that'll do me !
It was simple incompetence. At best. She "found" that what turned out to be Tectyl, was "foetal blood". That was crucial "evidence". What was never ventilated, after all this, was if it was indeed possible using the recognized  tests for blood available to forensic science, for Tectyl to return a false positive, but don't discount what I said about the NT and its general administrative incompetence.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 10:01am
Recovery dependent on how long this scandal lasts, and whether ScottyFromMarketing needs a scapegoat..
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 10:04am

And the PMs weak too , fancy relating your wife reminded him " imagine if it were our daughter " lol he's mature enough to form this Opinion him bloody sellf.
 I tend to agree with that, he shouldn't need prompting, but where is he "victim blaming" ?

I believe the ''victim blaming'' comment referred to Morrison describing her as confused when she said Morrison's private secretary had called her to ''check her welfare'' when it was clear the ABC 4 Corners story Inside The Canberra Bubble was going to air last year, despite the govt trying to stop it.

That would have suggested Morrison could have had early knowledge of the incident.
If she was "confused", I still am. There is a lot about this saga that resembles a jigsaw puzzle with quite a few missing pieces.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 10:07am
Well, Senator Reynolds is unavailable to clear up the confusion and with Ms Higgins visiting police today, she is probably using her sick time to get legal advice.
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 10:10am
Hint to Senator Reynolds, don’t use the lawyer Scomo sends for you.......
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 11:58am

[QUOTE=Carioca]And the PMs weak too , fancy relating your wife reminded him " imagine if it were our daughter " lol he's mature enough to form this Opinion him bloody sellf.

If she was "confused", I still am. There is a lot about this saga that resembles a jigsaw puzzle with quite a few missing pieces.
[/QUOTEq
Quote , " if she was confused , I still am " end of Quote. lol , yes I know you can be LOL " complained about your eyesight "  no Max , get it right " suggested " don't use words to suit your agenda please. Wink

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 12:12pm
agenda ? I think you have a habit of imagining other people's motives, the only "agenda" I have is the truth, and that is a long, long way from becoming clear.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 12:15pm
Come on max, it’s the media. If course it’s all trueBig smile
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 7:56pm
Thanks Greg (by name and by nature) Hunt for continuing to serially underperform.  Probably too busy attempting to undermine the Victorian Liberal Parliamentary leader:

Aged care COVID-19 vaccination behind schedule as untrained doctor delivers wrong doses

Federal Health Minister Greg Hunt said the vaccine rollout in aged care was going well, despite the provider contracted to deliver the vaccine in NSW and Queensland admitting it was behind schedule.

Health Minister Greg Hunt revealed just 26 aged care homes had received vaccines in the first two days of the rollout despite more than 240 scheduled to get them.

Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 8:18pm
SC, are you serious  ? You shame the Minister for Health because 214 aged care homes might have to wait a few days to be vaccinated , whilst the loss of memory of one state premier cost 800+ deaths due to his botched hotel quarantine of returning overseas travellers goes unchallenged 
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 8:31pm
I'm talking about Gregkunt, not Andrews.

Save your continually attempted put downs regarding the latter to the correct forum please Bob.
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

I'm talking about Gregkunt, not Andrews.

Save your continually attempted put downs regarding the latter to the correct forum please Bob.

Where did I mention that bloke's name ?
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 2:41am

Recovery dependent on how long this scandal lasts, and whether ScottyFromMarketing needs a scapegoat..

touche...LOL

This government is becoming high on the nose, a worse stink than my new FOGO bin. . 

If the ALP had a decent leader and spokesperson...one with some personality to get a decent alternative opinion over....it would be a cake-walk at the next election. 

Scotty is so incompetent he makes the coyote in The Road Runner cartoon look like a winner.

As for Hunt and Herr Frydenberg...two lackeys who just parrot like trained cockatoos...how did we land ourselves with the three stooges?

Politics in this country...and the world...is in the gutter, at present...and all due to the influence of a  single cheezel. 

Thumbs Down

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 132133134135136 389>